October 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Liquid - Youngblood - Liquid Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by KateRR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've just started using this foundation after seeing the reviews on here and a trial at my local beauty salon and so far, so good. I've been struggling with hormonal acne since coming off the pill a few years ago and have tried many, many foundations and concealers as I have very sensitive skin (literally everything breaks me out plus my skin is allergic to certain plastics and metals). I've tried mineral based powder foundations in the past but my dry skin doesn't get on with them as they cause itchiness and redness but this liquid one seems fine. I previously used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation and stay-in-place concealer - which offer amazing coverage but when I spilled some on my sink and had to really scrub to get it off, it made me think how much it must be suffocating my skin!

Combined with Paula's Choice 1% BHA which I've just started using, my skin has now cleared up and I've had no new breakouts! I still have red hyperpigmentation from old acne which this doesn't cover as well as, for example, Estee Lauder but if it prevents breakouts then I can live with that whilst my marks fade (using concealer sparingly). I use the 'sunkissed' shade which matches my fair skin well and provides a dewy, healthy look - like another reviewer said below, "like my skin but better". It's staying power is fairly good but, as you would expect, not as good as fuller coverage foundations however, again, if it goods for my skin, then that's fine. I have dry skin and I wouldn't say that this provides any moisturisation at all but it doesn't make it any drier either. It does slightly accentuate dry patches by the end of the day though. Overall, I really love how this makes my skin look and feel healthy. My only gripes are the price (worth it for clear skin) and the weird smell which reminds me of wet paint.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the smell or whether it's just due to the sample the salon gave me (the end of a full product bottle they used as a tester which may have been getting old)...?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation for a couple of months now and I love it. My skin is acne prone so I get nervous with foundations but I am really glad I tried this. I have this in the lightest color Shell. It seemed a bit to yellow when first looking at it but it blends with my skin tone perfectly. I am a NC25 color shade in MAC. The consistency of this is very nice, it doesn't feel heavy at all. In fact to me this feels more like a tinted moisturizer which I prefer. I do have acne staining which I want to cover of course but I also have allot of dryness from acne medication so I need something that isn't going to show every dry patch. It does a great job at evening out my skin tone. It provides a light coverage but is buildable so I would say the coverage is light-medium. This foundation does settle into some bad dry spots (is there one that doesn't?if so please tell me) but its not that bad and is quite moisturizing. This gives my complexion a very natural dewy glow. You wouldn't guess I had make up on. My skin looks like mine but better.I purchased this from a Salon Centric which is open to only licensed beauty professionals so I did get this product at wholesale price.The Youngblood website sells it for $49.00 which is expensive but I would say its worth it. I have been using this since the beginning of July and still have plenty of product left. It spreads nicely and you don't need allot of it to cover your face. I love that it comes in a pump bottle. One of the best things I love about this product is that it is perfume free and it hasn't broken me out which is awesome. I will continue to repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation for day wear... Goes on flawlessly and wears well on dry skin. By the end of a 9 hour work day it still looks good. I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

I love love love love this foundation it goes on beautifully. I have normal skin, it doesn't run or anything. The pump works great, it dispenses the perfect amount with no excess so I'm not wasting it. Not the greatest color range, but they're more neutral based so you're not gonna get a horrible pinky color or a horrible orange color. Love it for that fact cause I'm hard to match. This isn't really a full coverage makeup so if you're looking for full cov, go for the loose mineral foundation. But for an everyday 'oh, why yes this is my natural glowy,perfect skin' this is the perfect foundation. Doesn't dry out during the day not does it emphasis dryness on the face(but I always put lotion and primer on first ). Stays in place for a long time (I'm a Cosmo so I'm working long hours so that's huge for me ) only down side is the price, but it quality make up that's going on your face so I my personal opinion it's worth it. Great for people with sensitive skin ( I have lupus). Hope this was helpful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by 77smith

The texture of this foundation is very nice. I have to wear it with matte primer, but the combo works great. I have this in sand, the color looks very yellow in bottle but wears more neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Lmariexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING!!! I converted from mac because my skin kept breaking out, and after only a few times of using this liquid foundation (golden tan) and the YB tawnee mineral powder my skin has cleared up so much!!! This foundation gives me a natural flawless glow!! It lasts all day and feels so light on my skin. I wish it wasn't so expensive although I would rather pay more for a product that is good for my skin.definitely not going back to any other make up brand

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just had my makeup done in this product today, and I have to say that my skin feels amazing. I usually hate liquid foundation because of the way that it looks after eight hours. This stuff I can say that after a crazy busy day, my skin still looks flawless. I don't have bad skin, so I am not searching for full coverage. It covers just enough, while still letting my freckles show through. I've got it on order, can't wait to receive it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by hodabarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product actually IS really, reaally good. I told the woman in the store that I wanted a foundation for oily skin and full coverage, she gave me this one and I trusted her. Later, I found out that this foundation is for those with dry skin, that explained ALOT. I was getting suspicious when I always got shiny throughout the day and my make-up melted off. And the light coverage... Soooo, it does not work for me, but I guarantee that those with dry skin will LOVElovelove this product, I know that I did for a while!! It didn't break me out either. Overall, it's really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by zen_a_holic

First of all I must admit that I don't usually use foundation; it's hard for me to find a match and I have pretty dry and sensitive skin, plus I hate the feeling of having a mask over my face. Youngblood's liquid foundation is fantastic though! It doesn't irritate my skin and even though I have pretty pale skin the shade "Pebble" suits me well, even though in some fluorescent light it can look a bit yellow, however, in natural light it looks perfect!
It IS sheer, in that if there are pimples they will probably need concealer, but it still gives pretty good coverage. It *just* shows my freckles, which is great because I love them.
It lost some points on price because it is quite expensive to buy in Australia, but buying it online from the US or overseas can overcome that.
Not sure if HG but definitely keeping it around.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by xapplex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a foundation that provides a very light coverage. It blends in perfectly with my own skin and it feels like i'm not wearing any foundation (I have this in Pebble). Personally I would like a little more coverage because I have some redness around my nose and cheeks and it doesn't cover this at all - right now my HG foundation is the Lancôme Miracle Teint 010, and it's perfect for me. I just wanted to try out the Youngblood foundation because of the ingredients, and it will be perfect for those who have beautiful skin already and just want a foundation to even out skin tone a bit - but I will have to stick with Lancôme.