Kanebo KATE Quick Eyeliner

3.3

on 7/7/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Don't like this one much. The pen tip is too wide and it's hard to apply. It takes a long time to set, and it is NOT waterproof. Not even an hour after application and I'll look like a panda! Don't use this if you live in humid weather conditions, or have sensitive eyes. Throwing this one out!

I thought I wrote a review for SUPER SHARP eyeliner. My bad.

on 5/31/2011 2:35:00 PM

The biggest problem with this liner, I found, is design of the marker-like felt tip. It is too soft to apply a stable line and it is easy to mess up. If you try to press down harder, the line can go off track. I've had it for a couple months and it is still hard to adjust to!

The other problem is that you can't get the tip of this product in contact with any eye product that might contain oils (such as bases and cream shadows such as NYX jumbo eye pencils). The reason is that the formula of this liner is water based. When it comes into contact with oil, a thin layer of oil can get on the tip and the formula of the liner will not apply as smoothly or as black.

On another note, a good use I've found for it is to trace over pencil liner to make it darker and smooth out the line.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm already on my 2nd one for this! I bought this 'cos I wanted to try out KATE eyeliners. The brush tip makes it very convenient and easy for one to line their eyes, and the color payoff is good and it NEVER faded/smudged on me! When I used it the 1st time, it appeared a light brown on my lids and I thought, 'why is it so light'? So I reapplied 2 more times till I got the color I wanted. Then I realised I had applied too much as when the eyeliner dried, the color becomes deeper! I have tested and it doesn't rub off when you accidentally rub your eyes lightly. A HG liner for me!

on 12/18/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeliner is very easy to apply and has a great, precise applicator tip like a very fine brush. Unfortunately, the colour I bought (brown) didn't seem to have enough pigment to do the job without applying multiple times. Also, it faded after a couple of hours. I will try other Kate eyeliners, but will not repurchase this one.

on 11/21/2010 1:26:00 AM

One of the best eyeliners i've ever used. the pen is easy to control and has a sharp tip that works great. the only two downfalls is the price (i consider it quite expensive, maybe because i can't purchase in Target or Wal-Mart, because it's an Asian brand); and also that the colour tends to fade. After wearing for several hours, i noticed that instead of black, the colour fades to a dark grey-ish colour. But overall, the easiness to use wins me over and i will be purchasing again :)

on 10/10/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

As an eyeliner noob, i found this very easy to use. It goes on very smoothly so i have no difficulty drawing near my lashline. it looked great when i'm done, but sadly, the colour fades in a while. I don't even think that i have oily lids. this just isn't long lasting.

on 4/30/2007 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this for SGD$15.50 (about US$9). I was torn between this and the Kate Super Sharp liner, so I ended up buying both. I wanted Super Sharp because it draws a really fine, thin line but wasn't true black, more like a deep gray. Quick Eyeliner gives a thicker line but it's jet black. Good news is after a couple of trys I managed to get the Quick Eyeliner to draw a thin precise line. Unfortunately this runs and smudges like crazy and I looked like a racoon by the end of the day. Will not repurchase.

on 10/11/2005 7:08:00 PM

When I told a relative in Japan that I avoid liquid eyeliners because they're very tricky to use, she sent me this Quick Eyeliner and assured me that I need to fear no longer. She was right!! This liner is so easy to use, even make up amateurs could create straight, smooth lines with it. The staying power is good too. I found my new HG eyeliner.