July 29, 2014 | 1590 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Jo333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

very moisturising nail treatment, love the scent and a little goes a long way. it is rather greasy so wouldn't use if I was typing, on the phone etc...so best as night time treatment on finger and toe nails. would be nice to see a pump version as I don't like dipping into a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Natitashii

I got a sample of this and i lovee it! It makes my cuticles go away. The sample size has lasted me a long long time as u don't need much. I will definitely buy it once its done :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been working on a tub of this forever. I bought it based on reviews from ladies with nice long nails and human-looking cuticles, but alas, it wasn't really enough to turn my dry, crunchy cuticles around. As other reviewers have said, it doesn't do much to hydrate initially, but might be a good "maintenance" layer. I have quite a ways to go before I have something I want to maintain, haha.

I wish it came in a tub about a quarter of the size of the one I bought, which is 45g. It's nearly a year old and I'm only about halfway through. I have two months to go before I hit the expiration date so I'm going to start slathering it on my feet at night, I guess. Maybe it'll fare better as a foot cream.

The texture is really nice and not sticky. Much tidier than straight oil, too.

The best part is the smell. Not going to lie, it's one of the main reasons I was able to keep using it as long as I have -- I'm terrible at remembering to moisturize (hence my awful cuticles) and having something as delicious as this stuff really helped. Too bad it's not the industrial-strength hydrator I need.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by DurrtyLadle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

works okay, nothing amazing.
my cuticles are still dry

and I HATE the smell!
it smells like a barnyard.
I didn't even use up my sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best cuticle cream I've ever used! The texture is a lovely whipped consistency, it soaks into the cuticles and skin so well. After you smooth it on, it sort of melts into an oil, takes a bit to absorb all the way but it really lasts.
The smell is admittedly "love it or hate it," I personally love it. I use it several times a day and my cuticles look awesome. The one time I strayed from this cream to use another product, I really noticed a difference - my cuticles didn't look nearly as good.
One pot lasts for a long, long time, so the price is completely worth it. I also kept mine a few months past the expiration date without ill effects. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i love this!!
i wear rings everyday and never take them off - which causes my hands to be dry around where they sit. it smells incredible. i wear gel nails which isn't too healthy for my nails or cuticles but this makes them moisturised and 'normal'. it takes ages to soak in but works so so well. i use it on my heels and they're soft and supple now.
it's a really good product

let's talk about the price...it's more expensive than burtbees....but for a reason!!! the pot is massive, with the burt bees cream you can hardly fit in a finger inside the tin, however this pot is HUGE i have used a fair amount of it and have used it for a month and it's still very full. it's 50g which is so good! i would recommend this for any dry spots on your body, your hands especially. well worth the investment, and 6 is hardly anything anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I'm a big nail bitter, I have been trying so hard to not bite my nails. If I do, it's usually because something is sharp that's been catching on my sweaters or hair. This means that I also bite my cuticles and hang nails if those are causing the problem...

That being said, I have tried a few things to help me stop biting, and one of them is buying this butter I heard so many good things about.

Though I have had this little bucket for only 2 days, I can already tell it's working for me. I just put a little, and I mean VERY LITTLE, amount around each nail, rub it in for a few seconds each finger, and then head to bed where I can let it do its magic without me fiddling with it all day. 2 nights already, and my cuticles already look so much better.

So, why give it only 4/5? Well, it's super greasy, takes forever to absorb, and the smell, though lemony is a lovely smell, is a bit strong for me. I don't LOVE lemon smells, and this always reminds me of Lemon Pledge. I still love this product though, thus far, and I really hope that this can be a huge step in me stopping biting my nails!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

An old roommate who would re-paint her nails every day told me Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter is the best cuticle treatment ever, so the last time I was at Lush I asked for a sample. Two people have been using it every few days for two weeks and the small sample container still appears full. The citrus scent is bright and tart and the texture is like a fluffy yet tacky, slightly greasy cream. A tiny amount spreads easily, like melting butter, over a larger area. It absorbs into nails quickly but may "sit" and take longer to disappear near the borders of the nail against the skin.

Unlike other cuticle creams and oils I've tried, Lemony Flutter does not soften my cuticles so much as it maintains or restores them to "normal". Even very persistent dry cuticle areas have been restored and maintained as "normal" instead of especially moisturized. I am fine with this but find it strange. Even more unusual is that I also used Lemony Flutter on my elbows and knees which resulted in dryness and a mild rash in those areas, and I do not normally have sensitive skin. If by the time I finish the sample it remains as effective at "maintaining" my more dry cuticle areas I still plan to purchase the full size.

EDIT 5/21/2014: Now that the weather is warmer Lemony Flutter (stored at room temperature) is less tacky and more melting-buttery in the pot. It's been another month of regular use by two people and the sample still hasn't run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by krissyjolene

Love this product, it smells so good and the tub is so big for what you pay. I am a nail technician and I recommend this to my nail clients all the time, especially in winter. I wear heels to my day job everyday, or boots so my toes were always SO dry and they would start to hurt around the cuticle. I make an effort to apply this to my toes and nails at least twice a day. Not necessarily because they need it but because there is so much to use!

Works wonders on my toes and hands, haven't tried it anywhere else but I believe the comments from others that it works amazing!!

The only thing I don't like all that much is that sometimes fuzz from my clothes can get stick on the butter so my nails look dark around the cuticle area. Probably just a me thing but it sometimes seems to not "all sink in".

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't live anywhere near a Lush store so I was really excited to get my hands on this cuticle cream, which I've been reading about for years. I love the way that it smells and it definitely does the job but it's not a holy grail product for me. If there were a Lush store close to me, I might continue using it, but it's not something I'm willing to jump through hoops for. I'm going to continue looking for my holy grail cuticle treatment.