LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.3

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got two sample pots of this from when I got things from lush before. Considering I'm a nail blogger and my cuticles and such take a beating from swatching, I tried it considering I've heard rave reviews from other bloggers.
Pros:
-Super moisturizing (perfect my cuticles any time of the day)
-Absorbs fairly quickly
-No greasy residue
-Little bit goes a long way

Cons:
-Expensive ($16 or so for the full-size)
-Can be greasy before it sinks in

I have to agree with everyone, I love this stuff. I use it other places I get super dry skin too and it works wonders. When I use up my samples, I may just take the plunge and get the full-size.

on 7/3/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I picked this up because I saw one of the reviews mention that they used it in the winter for dry skin. I don't use this as a cuticle cream, but rather on my cheeks (on my face :P). During the winter, it can get pretty cold with wind chill and my face gets quite dry. No amount of moisturizer can help with my dry, blotchy cheeks and chin. This is the only thing that works. If you're prone to breakouts, I won't recommend using it on your face. But if you're at your wit's end trying to find something to fix your skin I'd recommend applying a thin layer right before bed for a few days until corrected.

on 6/21/2015 6:04:00 PM

What can I say? This product is my secret weapon. I use it absolutely everywhere on my body where heavy duty moisturising is called for! Lips, feet, hands...I even once used as an eye cream when I was feeling extra dry around the eyes while on holiday. Suffice it to say I do not leave home without this product. I suffer occasional bouts of angular cheleitis and since using this on my lips I haven't had any flare ups. Highly recommended and it lasts for ages as you only need a drop at a time.

on 5/3/2015 11:50:00 PM

A nice little product, this stuff is really great for cuticles and hands. It is a little greasy, so I apply it before bed so it doesn't get in the way during the day. Smells good too :)

on 4/21/2015 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this stuff. It is one of the few products that softens my cuticles although it's not a miracle worker. It's not like I put it on and 2min later my cuticles feel like silk, but it's way better than most hand creams and cuticle creams and oils I've tried. I definitely like slathering it on at night and waking up with soft cuticles. I guess the container isn't the most hygienic although I'm not bothered by it. Some complain that it is too greasy and doesn't get absorbed but I guess I've had much worse; within 10min or so I tend to find that I can do and touch things as normal; especially if I work it in every couple minutes. What I will say is that although I don't mind it or may even like it a bit, my husband cannot stand the smell. It is not (only) that he dislikes it but he says it bothers his eyes and affects him so I can only use it when he's far away.

on 4/10/2015 6:39:00 AM

I have been using this handcream for a while now. It is very good for dry hands, nails and cuticles and makes a difference the skin suppleness. It is quite oily so I only use it at night.

on 3/22/2015 12:29:00 PM

Somehow I can understand the high rating of this product, but somehow I can't.. I bought this in a whim at the Lush store - I think a lot of girls go through this stage where you just buy the whole store and the products barely get empty.

However - the cream is very creamy and smells nice. BUT it just stays on my hand for ages?! I can't do anything unless I wash my hands again.

Wouldn't repurchase again, I feel like I never will use this up since it stays sticky.

on 3/12/2015 7:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Lemony Flutter has been the only thing to help my dry winter hands this winter. This works really well as a cuticle cream, and a LUSH SA told me she also uses it on her heels, elbows, knees and other dry spots -- I tried it, and wouldn't ya know? No more dry heels, elbows, knees or other dry spots. A little goes a long way, too. I will say that LF is a little heavy/greasy, so I only use it at night, but that's enough. The scent is, obviously, lemony, and it's very, very lemony. Lemon is one of the few scents I like post-partum, so this is a great product for me.

on 2/25/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this as a hand cream at night in the winter because my hands get super dry during the cold months. It is rich and thick which is perfect for what I use it for but it's too greasy to use during the day. I don't love the scent, but I can overlook it because it keeps my hands and nails supple and doesn't irritate my eczema.

on 2/5/2015 7:33:00 AM

Received this in a gift set. It's ok. I like the lemon scent, but the texture is very waxy/buttery. In the cold, it's rock solid - in warmer area, its sweaty mush. A little goes a LONG way.
I think I prefer cuticle oils.

Popular Lotions / Creams