November 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Cream Highlighter Quad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did a little experiment this morning with Smashbox highlighters. I placed a dollop of Smashbox's Illuminating Serum, Artificial Light, the white shade from the powder quad, and the white shade from a cream highlighter quad on the back of my hand. I noted the Illuminating serum only made my skin look wet and really didn't offer any shimmer. I already have oily skin so I don't necessarily need it to look more oily. I could not get the white shade from the powder quad to show up on my skin so that was out. Meanwhile the quad and the Artificial Light had shimmery reflects, thus giving the highlighting look I would want when going out. I decided I was going to keep all my Artificial Lights and Quads and swap the serum and powder quad. So then I hopped in the shower and had a really good idea. I was going to test the staying power of the Artificial Lights and the Quads. After my shower the only swatch still on the back of my hand was the one from the cream quad. While I didn't scrub the back of my hand with soap I can vouch it came in contact with tons of soapy suds throughout my entire shower and yet it still stayed. The moral of the story is I'm now getting rid of my Illuminating Serum, my powder quad, and my Artificial Lights and just keeping the cream quads. I very much value waterproof qualities and high staying power in all my makeup and this one earns a place in my favorites not to mention there are several quads containing several beautiful shades out there! You're sure to find a winner in at least one of them!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by wynniethepooh11

Really great versatile quad. Can use the colors for blush, highlighters, bronzer. All around color. Really pigmented. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am tickled Coral/Rust/Auburn/Champagne with this quad. I take it to work with me and it's very convenient. Normally, I wouldn't go shimmery, but this works, because it's not overdone. I impulsively ordered this sight unseen and before consulting MUA. (MUA Faux Pas) I was lucky. Reading the reviews is giving me ideas. I'm not wearing foundation anymore, just the Smashbox Apricot Primer and I think I can put this all over my face and it will pickup my pale complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kuredevurld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I never realized how great this product was till one day when I decided to use all the colors in it. The four colors are a shimmery creamy white, a champagne, a very warm rosy pink, and a bronze.

I can actually do a summery fresh full face with just this. I use the pink and bronze on my cheeks, blended together and to contour, and the other two on my eyes as eyeshadow. The texture is really nice and easily blendable with fingertips or a sponge for cheeks, and I've used a brush to highlight cheek bones, and a smaller eyeshadow brush to highlight brow bones and inner eye corners with it.

I

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by khanhster

I own this highlighter quad in smashing preview and I have to say it is one of the most versatile beauty product out there. Every morning I put on my moisturizer, mineral foundation and three dots of the red highlighter on each cheek. It looks very natural and the variety of colors can be use all over your face, I use the darker colors on my cheeks and the silver to highlight my upper lip, corner of my eyes etc...The thing I love most about this product is that its practical and easy to use. I only carry this quad and some chapstick in my back pack for touchups at school- no need for complicated brushes and etc...just was your hands, dab the colors on your face with clean fingers and then wash it again after you are done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by claudias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product gives a fabulous glow underneath cream blushers.
I love the quad because i am able to mix and match highlighter to different cream blush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by yaelyael

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've purchased the quad with the pink, peach, champagne and dark rose on E-bay, and have just ordered another one yesterday.
I'm using it daily as a sophisticated, natural highlighter and blush (sometimes also as an eye shadow), which takes less then a minute to perfectly Apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2007 6:56:00 AM More reviews by rosinalove11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product. The colours have been explained well below... the only thing I didn't like about this palette is the fact that it didn't last long. I don't have particularly oily skin, but it seemed to fade quickly.

All of the colours compliment one another, I think it is a great thing to carry with you after the beach or something to pump up your look for a night out. Great on the go! Another winner from Smashbox. BTW, have fun with the colours, there are no rules. I used the contouring brown to do my eyes and it looked great. This is totally multipurpose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by mmm12

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was in a qvc kit a few years ago... it has no name other then "Highlighter Quad" on the back sticker.

There are four colors; a bright straight bubble gum pink, a champagne, a burnt red and a browned out peach. They are cream and have a slighter shimmer/frost effect.

The texture is like a dry cream blush.

They are cute, but nothing special. I gave them three lippies for quality, but like I said, they don't do much for me. Nice to have, but I don't reach for it often. However, I have a lot of cream blushes. If you are new to cream blushes/highlighter, I would highly recommend this quad.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by culebra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great highlighter tool if you are on the go. I use all 4 shades. Great purchase. Smashbox should sell this separately.