October 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Hemp Sculpting Putty

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMargaret

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a short, textured pixie cut, this product is the way to go. I am on my 5th container. One lasts a whole year for me. Yes it's gooey and taffy like, but in some ways that's the point. I dip my finger in scrap off half and rub it into my fingers. Then I just scrunch my hair, pulling and defining pieces as desired. Great thing is that you just scrunch again as needed during the day. I used to use Twisted Taffy, but that was discontinued. This is an apt replacement.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i have a huge blonde chunk in the front of my hair that tends to break apart in lil pieces and i asked my stylist to recommend me a product that would let it stick...she told me this particular product is fab bcoz it would keep my blonde in place and it would not darken my blonde streak...feels like putty and u really gotta rub it in your hands before applying it too your hair...but u dont need much...expensive lil sucker though...i paid $21+ at the salon.....THIS IS ALSO AWESOME TO TAME FLY AWAYS OR BROKEN HAIRS AT THE BASE

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sculpting putty is IMPOSSIBLE to work with. It has the consistency of taffy--very, very thick and sticky. It is so messy. I tried really hard to use this product but could not get it to work. The last time I used it I found a GIANT "rat's nest" in the back of my hair. It took 30 minutes to brush all the tangles out. I tossed this crap in the trash and do not recommend anyone buy it. If you want a great sculpting product that is easy to use, try Sebastian's Molding Mud.