Palmer's Tummy Butter

3.0

on 6/15/2015 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Before purchasing this I was using bio oil which is also great to help get rid of stretch marks. Then I read reviews that some people have used this with bio oil so I went and bought some. It is cheaper than the bio oil and I've been using it for a month and I love it. Since both products specialize in diminishing stretch marks it will definetaly speed up the process. I've read some reviews about people saying they don't like it because it's hard to get all over the area. But I find it pretty easy to use, I'm not sure if they keep theirs in a cold place. I keep mines in the bathroom cabinet. And it is ready to use, I don't have to "melt" it in my hands. I definently think you should give it a try. The people who say it doesn't work probably don't use it like they're supposed to or use it long enough. My friend used it a week and gave up, but I used the same product as her for a longer time and I've seen a difference. Once you see a difference you will be a believer like me!! Give it a try 😀

on 3/8/2015 3:20:00 PM

Love this product :) I have been using it since I was around 4 months pregnant, I now have 6 weeks until my due date and don't have a single stretch mark. It definitely helps to alleviate itching, and it smells good too. My husband slathers this all over my belly and hips before bed every night (he calls it "buttering the Christmas turkey!) - and that seems to be enough for me. I might just be lucky and have good genes, but I think this product has helped prevent stretch marks too. Would definitely buy it again.

on 12/3/2014 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This gave me a rash similar to a heat rash. The smell is wonderful. I'll use the jar up on my feet and hands but that is all. Will not repurchase.

on 7/6/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I first tried this product, I had no reactions. The scent was lovely and I was impressed. Less than a week of using this, I started to feel really itchy on my belly bump and looked to find a rash had developed. I do have sensitive skin but I have been able to use scented products. I highly would not recommend this product and will be going back to using the Palmer's stretch mark therapy oil. It does a whole lot better job at moisturizing, stretch marks and preventing an itchy belly.

on 4/10/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I picked this up during my pregnancy. Used it after showering, went toned, and woke up with a red, bumpy, itchy rash everywhere I had applied it. Tossed it. Beware!

on 9/4/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this since about 6 weeks and now I am at 30 weeks. I am just starting to get some marks around my belly button and they are barly visible. My husband could barley see them. I think it helped with making sure my skin isnt dry and even making sure my marks were not that bad or that dark.

The butter is pretty thick and I need to use my nail to get it out of the jar. I mix my tummy butter with Vaseline Cocoa Butter body Gel. It goes on really smooth and easy and makes it absorb a lot faster.

I do believe that stretch marks have a lot to do with genetics and how quickly you gain weight. All my weight is in my belly so I am glad I was able to slow it down.

Will update after birth for final thoughts

on 3/11/2013 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Firstly, I do think that whether you get stretch marks or not depends on genetics. Some people do nothing, and they still don't get stretch marsk; others are obsessed with different butter/oil/creams and they still get stretch marks. So I think applying different creams and body butter will help moisturize your skin and hence making it less dry, which will result in less chances of itchy skin more prone to getting stretch marks.
My friend got this for me after I finished Weleda Pregnancy Oil. It was winter and my skin was really really dry (especially in tummy area). This really did moisturize my skin, but it took hours and hours for it to sink in. My skin felt so greasy!! I usually apply it at night, so my nightgown will be soaked in this, I'd have to change nightgown every day, since it felt greasy. I'd rather go back to using Weleda Pregnancy Oil.
Also, I am 36 weeks pregnant now and so far I've got no stretch marks. But I wouldn't really say it was for this cream, rather a combination of genetics and different oil/creams I used.

on 8/29/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't have particularly sensitive skin but this cream gave me bad rashes. I bought this for my pregnancy stretch marks on my belly. Now I have red blotchy rashes and it's itchy like crazy. Arrrgghhh. I've never had reaction to any body lotion/cream before this.

on 10/15/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I started to buy this Tummy Butter when I was about 3 months pregnant (Oct-ish of 2009). I used it EVERY day up to when I gave birth (and the accompanying stretch mark lotion from Palmers). I think I went through 5 tubs of it, and I still got stretch marks..

They didn't start to show up until I was around 7.5 months along, but then all of a sudden BAM, they were everywhere. I've always been skinny, and my skin just hit it's breaking point. (In the rear view mirror, I should have started using Bio Oil around 5 or 6 months along. The result would have been a lot better)

I can honestly say that this Tummy Butter did help to prevent some stretch marks, as in it could have been a lot worse. I only got them under my belly button, and a little on my hips. I have very fair skin, and most women that have a fair complexion tend to get more/darker stretch marks. It also prevented all of the itching that goes along with the growing stomach.

The problems I had with this product was the thickness of the Butter, the length of time it took to soak into my skin and the smell. It was such a process to rub this stuff all over my belly. It would take about 5-10 mins to rub in and then at least 10 to soak in.

I ended up getting the Stretch Mark Lotion from Palmers for random times throughout the day when I would start to feel an itch, or was just too lazy to use this Butter. It soaked in A LOT faster, but the moisturized feeling didn't last as long.

on 10/10/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion for a few years now, so when I became pregnant my husband bought me this Tummy Butter to prevent stretch marks. I did not like the consistency of this product AT ALL! Like others said, it is very wax-like & was very difficult to spread over my belly. It made me feel quite sticky & didn't absorb into my skin well. Instead I just used the regular Cocoa Butter lotion on my belly throughout my pregnancy and avoided getting any stretch marks.