GHD Hair oil [DISCONTINUED]

2.6

on 10/25/2011 7:51:00 AM

Nasty, potent stuff that's best avoided if you value the condition of your hair.

on 9/11/2010 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with the reviewer below. This stuff leaves my hair frizzy and feeling terrible! I usually use tresseme heat protectants, which leave my hair nice and smooth....but this, wow, it's horrible. It really does make the straightner make that loud 'hissing' noise, and steam goes flying everywhere. Doesn't protect my hair at all, in fact, I noticed an increase of split ends. Would give this 0 lippies if I could.

on 9/11/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Horrific. This makes hair straightening worse not better. I kept using this thinking it was protecting my hair, but since I stopped hair straightening is much better. After applying this spray my hair frazzles and sizzles under the heat of the irons and is frizzier than without using it.

Packaging could be better by having a clear bottle to know how much product is left. But it doesn't matter as the product is so bad I won't bother finishing it.

just far too oily and expensive!thats all i can really say about this i just did not like it at all

on 8/29/2009 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I paid £13.50 for this, thinking it'd be much better than the random products I usually buy for heat protection, and for me it is VERY flawed.
It smells literally like washing up liquid mixed with water, and if you spray a bit on your hands it feels similar aswell, it has a weird film to it..
I used it on dry hair the first time, and my god it was the most drying thing I have ever used, obviously it isn't meant for use on dry hair, which is a problem for me because I only wash my hair twice a week and straighten in between...

Having said that, if you use it sparingly on damp hair before blow drying or even leaving to dry naturally, it straightens much easier and tends to keep the ends of my hair [which is shoulder length so flicks out at the ends a lot throughout the day] straight, and it gives quite a good shine. I can't comment on how well it protects my hair because I had it cut before I started use, and other than frazzled ends, how can you tell how protected your hair is?!

I'll finish the bottle but there's no way I'm buying it again, even if it was just £5 I don't think I'd buy again, so at almost £15 it's ridiculously overpriced!

on 12/20/2008 4:45:00 PM

Actually I didnt like this. I am quite biased as I dont generally like spray in protectors, they are to much work, I prefer the serum or cream form that goes in the hair and is combed through so I can do it in one go, and know Iv got all the hair. Anyway this stuff was no better then other protectants but made my hair really greasy a few days later, if I straighten my hair I often leave it about 4 days before i wash it, and this was no good for that, I had to wash after only two days. So no I wouldnt repurchase, even if I did like it, this stuff is rediculously expensive!!!

on 6/21/2007 11:38:00 AM

I am reviewing GHD Fat Hair Lotion - which is intended to protect your hair from heat styling but most importantly to give you "all over volume." Well, I coughed up $25 for this from Sephora and I'll be taking it back because my Garnier Fructis mousse did a MUCH better job of giving me volume than this did. Seriously, no difference than if I had blow-dried without anything in my hair.

on 4/16/2007 12:05:00 AM

This works well, without a strong scent or stickyness or crunchiness. However, Iíve docked a lippie on the basis that at AUD35 itís very expensive compared to other thermal protectants that do the same job (eg. Paul Mitchell Seal n Shine).

on 11/12/2006 6:03:00 PM

Haven't really used a lot of protection sprays but out of the 1s I've used this is the best as it keeps my hair straight a lot longer then when I don't use it and does protect my hair from split ends. I don't really mind the smeel that much either!!

on 4/4/2006 4:51:00 AM

I have really frizzy, curly, slightly damaged, fine hair. So I finally went out and bought some GHD's to replace my old straighteners, and apparently this 'Hair Oil (which doesn't actually contain oil) is a MUST with them. My hair is a LOT smoother, shinier, and feels better when I straighten it now. It says on the bottle to use this sparingly and you only have to lightly mist your dry hair with it.. depending on how long or thick your hair is you only have to use a few puffs. Otherwise, if I make one patch really wet (accidently) and then straighten it, it steams heaps and my hair kinda sticks together and it feels like a sheet of paper! Crazy! But I just brush it through and it returns to normal.. anyway I guess you can never really tell if something like this works or not in the 'protecting' department - since you don't know what your hair would be like without it. However, I'm pretty sure this is good, and it does provide hold, which makes the straightening last longer. The only one bad point for me is (as other people have said) the smell. It has a really gross chemical smell. But it doesn't last long and most people put a smoothing serum in afterwards anyway so that makes your hair smell pretty again! I also think the black bottles look classy :)

Top Rated GHD Products