NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

on 6/27/2015 8:38:00 PM

NOPE, sorry Nars. I put off buying this for years as I love MAC, Tarte and NYX blush- but I finally gave in last year for my daughter's wedding because of all the hype about the perfect color for any tone. It's WAY too sparkly! Even for my daughter who's 22. I say pass- or keep it in your drawer to look at (like I do) It's SO PRETTY in the package!

on 6/18/2015 9:18:00 PM

Very nice blush, I have to say. I'm not really picky when it comes to blushes. I just hate when I try a new blush, and iot will not blend evenly. Then I have a dark "spot" in one place on my cheek from where the blush wouldn't blend. This one had a nice smell to it. NARS is a brand I don't have much experience with, but so far I like their cosmetics. The blush went on evenly, and smoothly. It seemed to last a long time as well, throughout the day. I also love that name "Orgasm" lol. Who wouldn't. It was decent with price, and from what I can tell, it is going to last me a long time. It doesn't take much, so you only need a little. I would definitely buy again, and I am actually wearing it now! Good blush in my opinion.

on 6/2/2015 7:22:00 AM

I have had this blush in my collection for around 4 years. At first I loved it. It gave amazing colour and was simple to work with. The more i used i the more shimmer and glitter came through and was hard to wear. I still occasionally wear it in the night time as it looks more subtle. My packaging has been smashed and bashed around in draws for the past few years and it still in one piece. Overall i love this blusher i just wish the shimmer wasn't so highly pigmented.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this blush! It really works with my light olive complexion. The peachy pink hue gives me a glow and it lasts all day. At first I was a little scared about the glitter/shimmer but it really makes the cheeks glow.

This is the first blush I actually like to wear and it doesn't fade throughout the day. It blends in so well with my skin.

on 5/25/2015 10:30:00 AM

Love this blush! Love the gold through it, i don't mind that it's not very peachy. It makes my cheeks glow and if used with a gold cheek highlight is gorgeous. I use mac luster drops which are like orgasm in liquid form to highlight

on 5/20/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i panned my first one of these and am on my second. its very flattering and easy to wear. these days i wear my tarte blushes more because i feel like they last longer. but this is good too

on 5/9/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This blush lives up to the hype! It's flattering on so many skintones, and though it's pigmented, I find it's still very buildable, even on my fair skin. I've used this fairly regularly for a year and I can see it lasting me another year. The shimmer isn't overpowering, but it does highlight any blemishes, and this is one of the only cons of the product.

on 4/26/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes I'm going to be another girl who sings its greatness.

Orgasm is one of my first high-end makeup product, I thought "hey since everyone likes it, it's going to safe and guaranteed perfect." That was innocent me 4 years ago. TODAY! Well, I've had it since! And I use it lots!! I haven't hit pan yet.

1) the glitter isn't as scary as people claim
I don't know how you're applying it, but I haven't had problems with this "glitter." In fact the blush is a velvet finish, not glittery. It creates a bit of natural shine on your cheeks, I'd say it's cute and pretty.

2) Orgasm is my #1 go-to for au naturale days and no-makeup makeup days
It naturally enhances my dead-colour skin. I have pale Asian yellow skin with uneven colours (from old acne scars to new acne scars, to pores to weird shadows because my face isn't perfectly smooth). Anyways so the blush adds a bit of natural flush, at least I look like I didn't just wake up.

3) On the days I want to look freakishly beautiful, I use NARS Liberté
It's a strong orange blush, but it's so strong it's impossible to use light-hand. I need a lot of patience and delicate slow motion to perfect Liberté. Thus Orgasm is what I pick up on the "I have no time for your shit today, Liberté!" days.

4) I also have natural-looking and cheap $16 Quo and $5 NYC blush (both blushes are very au naturale)
They are fantastic but Orgasm is much more pigmented, much more elegant. And it's honestly such an easy and quick blush to lift my makeup. I use my cheaper blushes when I don't want any colour on my cheeks (intense smokey eye days!!! or a super super nude day)

**note: if Orgasm isn't pigmented on you, it's very very likely that your brush isn't dense enough (in fact, it may not be "good" enough). Your brush isn't picking up the powder or it's not applying the powder onto your skin. An angle brush for instance will always pick up a lot of powder, and even with Orgasm (a light colour blush) I have to be light-hand with an angle brush. I have another blush brush that's much fatter, and that brush adds just a tint to my cheeks. Try using different blush brushes to see what works on you. I can promise you that Orgasm is very pigmented with the right brush!

5) on every single travelling opportunity (business, vacation, weekend), Orgasm is the one I bring. Sort of like Woody from Toy Story.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this blush for years (not exclusively). I do get the hype, as it's a pretty, flattering shade that is very pigmented and definitely brightens the complexion. This is one of those cosmetics that no matter how blah you might feel, you can brush some of this on the apples of your cheeks and instantly look healthy and youthful. It's hard to go wrong with this product. Having said that, it is a bit heavy on the sparkle, which may be overkill for some.

Pros: Gorgeous, basically universally flattering color that brightens cool or warm skin tones.
Look instantly flushed (the name, ahem).
Shimmer highlights the cheekbones nicely.
Nearly incomparable pigment / color payoff, so a little goes a long way.

Cons: Shimmer may be too glittery for some.
Price. There are definitely some worthy dupes out there for a fraction of what this costs.

Overall I think this is worthy of a spot in your makeup stash...IF you can justify the price. If not, just try one of the dupes instead. And on that note, I recently discovered that the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Fresh Papaya matches beautifully with Nars Orgasm! I use it on my lips as well as my cheeks and I love it! Less pigmented than Nars of course, but still pretty and flattering. Hope that helps someone!

Top Rated NARS Products