July 30, 2014 | 1873 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well I said I'd buy it - but only if I had money haha. I actually didn't try on the real perfume, it makes me shy to go to department stores and try out perfumes if I'm not planning to buy. But I was in a salon and all the women were going mad over an imitation perfume and it was the imitation to this one. So I tried it and I must say I really really liked just the imitation. So I imagine the real thing must be totally awesome. It does smell strong and sweet, but not in a cloying way. It smells very strong of jasmine and jasmine is my favourite scent, so it's not surprising that I like it. It smells sensual. There's also a bit of spiciness in it, the salon lady said it was "woody". So I guess you could describe it as spicy floral but not too sweet with a lot of jasmine and a bit of "wood" smell in it, like a freshly built table made from a good quality wood. The salon lady told me a lot of her clients who used this fragrance exclusively had the imitation perfume to wear every day and a bottle of the real perfume to use for special events. But I change perfumes every day and I get tired quickly of using the same fragrance all the time. So that wouldn't work for me. So I guess for the moment it's just the imitation perfume until I one day manage to get enough money for the real thing. Sigh.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by totesboats

Alien is definitely not for everyone--you either love it or you hate it. The jasmine and cashmeran in this reminds me of the old formula for Dior Hypnotic Poison, but Alien's jasmine is more vivid and strange. It's not cloying, but one or two spritzes per use are plenty. I like the rough edges of the original, but Alien Essence Absolue is great for anyone who wants a smoother/more polished version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I subscribe to the maxim that one is either a fan of Angel or Alien. I happen to be Team Angel but I wanted to try this scent because of the edgy bottle and interesting backstory. This fragrance has a sunblock-esque quality about it. I find that the grape and jasmine notes constitute most of the opening burst, and the amber settles in after a few hours. Alien is very much like Dior Poison to my nose. Both are very balsamic and unfortunately, my skin chemistry makes such scents smell like cough syrup. Still, a very complex and mysterious fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this it's my favourite! Smells gorgeous and the fragrance actually lasts all day with out re applying. People always comment how nice my perfume is when I have it on!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Alien is different. Mostly orange blossom or jasmine, honey, grape juice, a note of metal, and a dash of pepper. Reminds me of LouLou, but richer and deeper. And a lot like vintage Poeme in the drydown. Delicious and comfortable if applied with a light hand, brash and ridiculous if applied too heavily. Took me about 10 years to understand Alien. It's actually become a favorite of mine. I have now joined the 21st century and am officially "with the program." I've been assimilated into the ranks of Mugler devotees.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a weird fragrance. Alien is a good name for it. It's different from most scents I've liked before. The perfume to me, smells exactly like Flying Fox shower gel from Lush with a peppery after smell. It's warm and sexy smelling. I can smell jasmine and honey in this but I could just be crazy. I'm not sure what notes are in this perfume. My husband loves the smell of this perfume on me. I read online how men adore this scent. It's heavy and heady, a little goes a long way with this stuff. I almost always buy the 3.4oz size when it comes to fragrance but I bought this in the 1oz and that is more than plenty. If I had the 3.4oz, it might go bad before I could use it up. Also, this stuff is expensive as hell and I didn't want to shell out $130 for the largest size. I've always gravitated towards fresh and clean scents but this is a mature, seductive scent. I would not wear this to work or for a casual daytime fragrance. It works well with my body chemistry. It's just a really unique and strange fragrance. It's hard to describe. The scent is polarizing, you'll either love it or hate it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by schristi2800

Smells really unique definitely alien-like! I usually don't go for weird scents but this one is mysterious! I have the sample size and would be purchasing this in the near future!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by scoulston

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a horror of a scent. It seems to be worn by over-made-up late teens who have no idea of subtlety. I watched a shop assistant practically empty a bottle of it over her and it was like walking into a wall of scent and that would appear to be how anyone crazy enough to like this wears it. It's a hideous foul scent that I can smell metres from whoever is wearing it. A shocker.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by karess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ive purchased this perfume about 4 times now. smells nice and warm w a touch of super sexy mystery... theres never a time when I wear this that I dont get tons of compliments.. tons!! great bottle style unique and pretty.. definitely worth the dinero....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

I bought this like three times now! I've always been looking for a perfume that mixes well with my natural smell but couldn't find the best one... Until I saw an advertisement in a magazine with a wipe sample and after that I fell deeply in love! It's an incredible smell, some of my friends smell it and aren't crazy about it but when I put it on and they smell it on me they fall inlove as well so I would have to say try it on and see if it's the same for you because it does change once on. Also I paid $130 for the smallest bottle so it is very expensive...