Thierry Mugler Alien

3.7

on 3/15/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the newest perfume in my collection and I absolutely love it. My body chemistry tends to work with a lot of different perfumes but this one grows to be such a sweet jasmine and Amber on my skin, it's lovely. The longevity is really nice and of course the pretty purple bottle is very pretty to put on your dressing table.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I was SO excited when I went to the perfume store to ask for a test sample of this perfume, for so many reasons. It is luxuriously expensive (more than $100 worth folks); the bottle is just SO gorgeous and goes perfectly with the name Alien; the commercial for this fragrance is so intriguing; everyone raves about it on YouTube, etc.
I think I am so dissapointed because I had such high expectations for this perfume. I expected a dark and alluring smell with something similar to vanilla or passion fruit notes or maybe a little bit of musk. Just something that would make me stop in my tracks and make me go like “whoah I need this scent in my life, right now", like the perfume Hypnose by Lancôme did, but it didn't. Instead this smells like straight up detergent. I was dissapointed beyond words. Great packaging and marketing techniques but the scent just leaves a lot to be desired. It is just “meh".

on 3/10/2015 8:57:00 PM

Love, love, love. I am just getting into fragrances, so far my faves have been bbw scents but walking around the Macy's perfume counter I just HAD to try......well Angel. I had heard so much about it but one whiff......nope it just smelled spicy. Then the strange little purple Alien bottle........I had heard of Alien before but wow........love at first sniff. I loved it on paper, went again and tested it on my skin and. DELICIOUS. The Jasmine is front and center but the Amber and woodsiness warm it up. It smells dark, sexy, and mystical. Unfortunately on me, the much touted longevity and spillage are not there.......my skin eats fragrences but a little def goes a long way. I had to have it. I should have known by just the purple bottle. It is my favorite color after all. I guess I must like white florals. It seems like what I gravitate to.

on 12/27/2014 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I get that perfumes are a personal issue because you have to acknowledge that body chemistry plays a strong role and so do personal preferences. With that being said, I could probably douse myself with this perfume and my body chemistry would tone it down in an hour or maybe I am just exaggerating. Anyway I will repurchase it again.

on 12/19/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this so much!! It's the perfume I always wear to go out at night, it's very sweet and sexy and different, I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

on 12/15/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I tried this on a tester strip and fell in love. It was a blast of rude jasmine with some hairspray and grape around the edges. It really smelled like something from space. I tried it on my skin and it was like a completely different perfume. The jasmine lost its sluttiness and grew up into something drier and more austere and all this amber/vanilla warmth emerged out of nowhere to dominate the scent. As it developed, I realized that I had inadvertantly sprayed on the signature scent of my 60 year old aunt! She's extremely fashionable, but still. At that point I was done. This is a pleasant, agreeable warm glowy smell but it ended up being too mature for me. I could see revisiting this down the road because it is a lovely composition. My boyfriend hated it. He is a fan of vintage "old lady" fragrances on me but this is one falls in the uncanny valley of loud suburban mom smells.

on 12/14/2014 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This perfume is so unique! I feel so elegant and powerful when I'm wearing it!

I know it lasts for a long time because if my sister try's to sneak a few sprays, I can detect it as soon as I step into the house! (Mind you, I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to people thieving my perfumes!)

It is however a very strong perfume and is definitely it not something you'd want to drench yourself with before going out, unless your sadistic and want to choke the people around you..

I am definitely going to be head over heels in love with this perfume and it's sister Angel, for years to come!

on 12/4/2014 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love the bottle. The smell is very lovely but unfortunately it just doesn't last on my skin. I wish it did because it's such a nice scent. Not worth the money in my opinion because I have to spray a few times a day.

I'm looking for years fragrance thet is going to suit on me perfect and finally I finde it! It's Alian! I love it! I feel with "Alian" like I always have some guardian with me:) I feel so strong! It's just crazy thet this perfume gives me an extra power! I feel so great! I don't want to repeat what adar women's has already sey, but it's really long lasting smell. It s long lasting, specific- uniq, verry extraordinary, powerful, outstanding, Sexy, very futuristic. It is a scient for woman's who knows who they are and don't afraid to explore and experiment in life, for " visionary woman's ✈️

on 10/5/2014 9:27:00 AM

Horrid! Way too strong and musty- I smell this on people walking past in the street all the time and it makes me gag. Really unpleasant but is obviously like Marmite because some people absolutely love it!?

Popular Fragrances