DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 8/11/2015 3:47:00 PM

I was not sold on oil based cleansers despite reading a rather compelling argument on 'oil absorbs oil' in cosmetic chemistry formulation. Serendipitously I received this cleanser as a gift and decided to test out the theory.

It's fantastic. Does not strip the skin of oil, but cleanses away the grimy, sticky feeling on your skin. Makeup, waterproof or not, melts right off.

On the other hand, olive oil soaked onto a cotton pad does the same job as DHC on cotton pad in removing eye makeup, and is much cheaper.

I limit to cleaning with DHC once in a blue moon, not even once in a week. It's great for when you're PMSing and breaking out, extra oily and hormonal but doesn't do much when your skin is fine, you don't need to use this to maintain good skin.

Be VERY careful around your eye area, this is really hard to rinse out unless you have a bottle of saline solution on hand because water + oil do not mix.

Definitely would recommend despite the price tag because you can use sparingly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am on my fourth bottle of this stuff, and I will probably use it for the rest of my life. It seriously dissolves makeup, dirt, and oil, like NO OTHER! It is so easy to use, and rinses clean every time. this product BLOWS MY MIND. it works SO good, and I just don't understand how! My Fiance uses this cleanser, and I've told about 93847529745 people about it. My boss thinks i'm crazy because i'm always talking about DHC products.

on 7/4/2015 10:50:00 PM

I finally got my hands on this after visiting a nearby Japanese supermarket. However, I was quickly disappointed in my experience.

It cleans - it will get that waterproof mascara off. The long wear lipstick. etc

It's light - nothing stick or oily will be left over after you rinse off with water. But, please make sure you don't get the oil and water mixture into your eyes because it will burn. I found that the hard way and was really surprised because the MAC and Boscia cleanse off oils do not do that.

The bottle is much larger than MAC and Boscia, so it will last a long time, it took me about 6 months to get thru my bottle. But I won't be repurchasing this item.

on 6/29/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great makeup remover and cleanser. I have combo skin and it doesn't make my oily areas oiler,it actually makes them less oily.I like to use this twice, once to remover makeup then again to cleanse. It leaves my skin moisturized and clean feeling.It's a great product.

on 6/22/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a game changer for me. I am a makeup wearer that used to use face wipes to remove make up and I always suffer from dryness and breaks outs after using these wipes. This removes my eye makeup an face make up in one step. I do not use a secondary cleanser after this. This product rinses very clean and i can even wipe my face a paper towel if I do not have washcloths and there is very little residue. There is a little oil left over after lathering but I find it moisturizing and it does not break me out. Sensitive acne prone combo skin.

on 6/21/2015 10:23:00 AM

THIS IS THE BOMB!

I love, love, love this stuff. It cleans the skin so well. You need the smallest amount it's incredible.

I love that you can buy tiny sample bottles, they're perfect for overnight stays for conferences etc, or for holiday!

Best makeup remover out there, IMHO!

on 6/9/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Acne prone? Sensitive? Stop what you are doing and BUY THIS PRODUCT! Seriously a game changer...the only thing that makes me sad about this cleanser is the fact that I have to order it online. Gets rid of every stitch of makeup on my face and leaves it glowing, clean and soft! I use this and follow up with whatever cleanser I am loving at the moment and sometimes I only wash with this. Love Love Love!

This is my HG cleanser. Period. Found it six years ago and have used it exclusively since. I grew up a product junkie and trying new products - even if I like what I have! - is my modus operandi. Y'all feel me, I know - lol - you're on MUA! <3 And then there are those products, those rare, precious products that are so satisfying, you simply never feel the itch to try anything else? This cleanser is one of those products.

First I must say that this oil cleanser defies logic and my understanding of chemistry, i.e., oil and water not mixing. Here's the deal:

--This is actual oil: on a dry face you rub it into your skin. Somehow it emulsifies all the makeup, oil (as in yours, a.k.a. sebum) and dirt so that when you...
---rinse with water, the oil somehow becomes water soluble and rinses away with everything it trapped, so...
--you're left with clean skin that is not squeaky, just soft! Not at all oily. And also not stripped dry! It's really something, I'm telling you!

It thoroughly removes makeup - it will tackle anything, including waterproof anything, silicone anything and also those 24H liquid lipsticks like ColorStay (with the clear stick 'gloss' you put over them). Because, of course, oil dissolves all those things! Woot woot! I use it on my eye area and lashes without issue. If I have stage-level foundation on, I dry my face (because you must start with a dry face...it's weird) and repeat. That happens maybe 2x/year that one shot doesn't do it - it's that good. Some consider this a 'makeup remover' but I consider it both - I do not use nor feel the need for a separate cleanser.

DHC always touts this as one of their top sellers. Normally I'm skeptical of such claims but in this case? Believe the hype, sistas! You owe it to yourself to try this.

P.S. Packaging: it's not fancy or sexy, but it's strong and functional. No cracking. And not one failed pump in six years. And let me tell you, that has become the exception, not the norm. I can see how much I have left. Pump dispenses an appropriate amount, and can be partially depressed to dispense less. Totally works for me, no complaints.

on 5/22/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is fantastic, it cleans all off your makeup off not just your eye makeup and you don't have to pull your skin. Love it! This will be something I will always have.

on 5/22/2015 4:39:00 PM

I have used oils a lot for double cleansing with no problems- I've tried this for a month and have had terrible skin. Cystic, deep pimples and lots of white heads. Cleans make up brushes really well though.