DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Got this in a beauty box. I love it! I was removing my makeup with coconut oil and then washing my face, but this saves me time. Yes, coconut oil is cheaper, but by the time I go to get ready for bed, I'm TIRED! Tired=Super Lazy for me. Rub this all over my face rinse and then use a gentle cleanser to make sure I got everything and to cleanse the skin. I use it in the morning as a cleanser. I have sensitive skin from using Retin A, this cleanses and doesn't strip moisture. Very awesome product.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

The deep cleansing oil removes physical (zinc oxide) sunscreens, which are extremely difficult to remove completely, and all traces of makeup including eye makeup. It is probably one of the best makeup removers I have ever used. It rinses off completely and leaves skin neither oily nor dry. The name is misleading because it's not a cleanser. It is simply a makeup remover, which means you still have to cleanse your face afterward or you may end up breaking out if your skin is on the combination to oily side.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HG for me. I've tried other oil cleansers, even homemade and none work as well as this. One full pump removes all my makeup and sunscreen, even waterproof mascara wipes away easily with no tugging, pulling or rubbing! I do spend at least a minute or 2 swirling around on my face to breakup all the dirt and gunk. It rinses away clean, leaving no residue. Skin feels clean and never dry or tight. No breakouts, no irritation just lovely clean skin. I have been using for the past 5 years and will continue to buy FOREVER! I only use this at night and 1 bottle lasts me about 6 months.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. So glad I learned about this. I was using MAC's oil cleanser for a while until I found out about this. MAC oil cleanser was good but I find the DHC to be better. Less ingredients thus less skin reactions. It thoroughly cleanses without stripping and I just love how sunscreen and makeup literally melt off my face. I love how this cleans so much that even on the days that I don't wear makeup, I still use this to cleanse my face at night. I feel that this has changed my skin so much. Been using it for years now. This is my HG makeup remover and night time cleanser!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I like this in ways but it's only ok for me in the end. I'll explain...

I had used jojoba oil a few times to remove some makeup and it helped, but because it was a pure oil, it would leave more of a residue. I also was never sure if my break outs were attributed to a certain oil or ingredient (I think some do, but over all I break out anyway) so I thought this would be nice to add in because it was formulated to use almost in place of a cleanser, and had less ingredients as some of the other cleansing oils. So I got a small size of it. I use this only on days I wear makeup, but I also always use a cleanser afterwards, along with my Olay Spin Brush. I feel like alone it does help melt the makeup and that's nice and I did love that. It also rinsed away with water much better than a 'real' oil did. I sometimes think I tug less with oil product on, but sometimes I think I tug more, because you use it on dry skin. My skin feels overall really nice after washing with this.

However, I couldn't imagine using this only with no cleanser afterwards, it just didn't take enough off. I almost always have some residue left on my cotton ball when I used a toner after washing whether it's cleanser alone or this + cleanser, which proves it doesn't really take any additional makeup off any better than just a cleanser alone. Additionally, I still have to use jojoba as an eye make up remover even after using this *and* after cleanser, so clearly neither gets it all off. While its a decent makeup melt/pre cleanse, I don't feel that it takes makeup off so well that there's a difference. I also don't find it's special enough that I'd buy it again over regular oils. I didn't have any really dry skin or burning or breakouts from this. So I totally get why people like it, but I also get why they don't.

Just fantastic oil to wash your face.
Removes the entire face and eye makeup. The skin is hydrated and simply beautiful.
Ideal for sensitive skin.
It does not leave greasy skin.
Very efficient
We use it on dry hands and dry face!
1 minute massage and rinse with middle warm wate.
That's it!
I highly recommend

Favourite oil cleanser thus far! Leaves my skin super clean, does not break me out or leave my skin feeling dry!

The price is great if bought in japan, a bit more pricey buying it overseas but still cheaper than other oil cleansers and absolutely worth it!

I've been using this cleanser for over 2 years. My mom first introduced it to me and has been using it for probably a decade. My mom has beautiful skin and has no problems with this cleanser. I also was extremely happy for a long time until about 6 months ago. I have gradually developed extremely sensitive and dry skin, prone to irritation, rosacea, clogged pores, etc. I have been spending a ton of time on finding products that will tailor to my issues including moisturizers, serums, etc. never thinking that the underlying problem is the cleanser. At the moment, I am really desperate to regenerate some natural sebum and naturally cure all the issues, so I have stopped using all products altogether (including any kind of cleanser). Its amazing that after 3 days, my skin is skill dry as hell. There is no doubt in my mind that this cleanser has contributed to my dryness and sensitivity. So be careful if you have dry skin.

I bought a tiny travel sized bottle of this at Urban Outfitters for $6. It was kind of expensive for such a tiny trial size, but I had heard such amazing things about it and oil cleansers in general, that I tried it out.

Honestly, it really dried my skin out. :(

I have dry sometimes combination sensitive skin with rosacea (mostly flushing subtype but occasionally get rosacea bumps, too). I only used this once to remove makeup+sunscreen, and followed up with Cerave hydrating cleanser (amazing for my skin type). My skin felt super tight, almost like I had used an acne cleanser. The good thing is it didn't make my skin red at all. However, I was so paranoid about a rosacea flare-up, that 30 min after using this, Cerave, and then moisturizing, I washed my face again with hydrating Cerave, along with REN Evercalm and my skin felt a million times more hydrated and calm.

Promptly threw the DHC in the trash. So disappointing.

I've been using this for the last couple weeks and I really liked it at first. It removes makeup (including all of my gel liner and mascara) really good and leaves my skin feeling moisturized and clean. But I could I have started to break out and this is the only new thing I've been using :( It does leave a greasy/oily feeling after about twenty minutes so maybe it was too much oil for my combo/sensitive skin? Also the directions state to use on dry skin so It might be more difficult to use in shower.....