Johnson & Johnson Holiday Skin

2.6

on 9/20/2014 6:38:00 AM

This is one of the worst products I've ever experienced in my life. "It's not fake tan, it's moisturiser" -actually, it doesn't really work effectively as either. The colour is foul, really yellow. The finish was usually streaky because you'd never know where you'd put it and the worst part was the smell (even when only used at night). Still, to this day, I could pick the smell from across a room and it makes me gag. I would rather smell rotting flesh in a bath of off milk than this weird concoction of chemicals upon someone's skin.

on 4/23/2014 7:42:00 AM

I haven't tried this many times, but so far it has left a golden-tan-look on my arms and legs. I'm going to continue using it to see if my skin turns out to be more tanned as I'm extremely pale and somehow don't tan in the sun, probably because I don't stay out long enough or wear too much suncream. Summer is coming (yay!) so I'm hoping to have at least some tan this year round, and if fake tan is the only way, so be it!

on 5/31/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It did give me some colour but made my skin feel awful it would take hours to sink in and even when it did my skin was left with a residue. It smelt awful and it lingered for quite a while. It's had a strange texture which was also off putting.

on 10/17/2012 10:18:00 AM

I am pale and would consider myself an expert fake tanner. Rushed out to buy this when it first came out on the market. Never bought it since because it is so sticky. The smell is usually the dealbreaker for me, this was not the worst.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It doesn't streak if you rub in well and gives a really nice even golden tan after using for a couple of days. Worth noting that I already have light olive skin so I'm not sure what it would be like on pale skin. Very moisturising, not too greasy but takes a while to sink in. Gave it a 3 because of the smell. It's awful, and it lingers on the skin, you'll smell it all day. The person who said it smells of playdough was so right! Great product if you can get past the smell, which I can't, therefore I won't be repurchasing!

on 5/9/2011 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not bad, but I think it would work for people who are more tan to begin with. I'm around NC25 and used this after exfoliating. I got a nice subtle glow after the first 3-4 days using it, but as I continued with it, I noticed how orange I was looking, so I have to be cautious with how much and how often I apply. Doesn't streak if you exfoliate properly.

I have used Johnson's Holiday skin a couple times and found it so so. I've learned with this self tanner you absolutely MUST EXFOLIATE!!!! I only self tan on my legs to match my arms, decolletage, and back. So if my routine helps anyone for this ST here it is:

exfoliate on dry legs paying close attention to my knees and ankles.

I use shave gel for sensitive skin and then shave with a good quality razer.

When applying Holiday Skin tanner, I focus on the area of leg between my knees and ankles, rubbing in circular motions. Then with whatever is left on my hands, I swipe gently over my knees, ankles, upper foot, and toes.

Allow to dry for 30-40 minutes (downside to this product).

And yes, I go through this routine everyday or every other day. I have very dry skin on my legs so I find exfoliating then moistourising with this product really helps me. I like the colour it gives my legs, to me it is a nice natural light brownish colour. BUT if you stop using it then and the colour is fading, it's not very nice to look at. Isn't that with all tanners though??

The smell is not as bad as everyone on here is saying either!!!

I used this all the time in University. I didn't want to do tanning beds anymore (fear of skin damage) so my flatmate was using it. And I started. I'm naturally pale...even tho I am Greek. I got my grandmother's genes....skin as white as snow!!!

I say this is the healthiest glow I've ever gotten from a fake tanner. Other fake tanners make my face look dirty. And i had a fear of looking orange.

It's a decent tint I would say...the misture is white in the bottle which is why its only a tint. If you expect to wear this for a night on the town and be a bronzed goddess....I hate to disappoint you. This needs to be used for at least 3 or four days. It is buildable. If I put this on every day for four days it is noticable that I have changed colour. Especially on my stomach. My falt mate would always say "omg i'm so jealous..." if she saw how tanned my stomach was.

It doesn't dry fast so never use in the morning it will tint your clothes! I normally used this at night after I've showered. I would put it on and sit for about 30 to 40 mins in my knickers only or a towel. It was never streaky on my arms or legs. It worked into my skin easily. I didn't find it clumpy, it went on very light and it didn't feel greasy. My skin felt really soft in the morning. If you wait 30mins it won't transfer onto clothes. I never had it tint any of my underwears or bras....so if anyone had that happened they clearly didn't wait long enough before putting on their clothes.

I like the smell personally. But that's just me. I found it beachy...by the morning I couldn't smell it.

PS. Wash your hands after use....it will look odd between your fingers if you don't.

on 11/24/2010 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This was quite obviously orange on my skin (light to medium skin tone with yellow undertones). But worst of all was the smell which was quite unbearably fake tannish.

on 8/30/2010 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

horrible smell disgusting goes all lumpy on my skin , never will use again .. very orange

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products