LUSH The Olive Branch

Vine Leaf Infusion (Vitis vinifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Fresh Mandarin Juice (Citrus nobilis), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellol, FD&C Red No. 4, Methylparaben.

on 4/4/2015 6:56:00 PM

This product makes my skin feel so soft! It feels super silky. However, I hated the smell. I ordered it online and it was totally unexpected. It described as ' olive oil, fresh mandarins and bergamot oil' but to me smelt like something totally different. Also, it was very runny and separated very quickly. I don't have many problems with my skin, not many lush products make it irritated, but this left my body in a huge rash, I was so itchy and red. I would never buy this product again, and I do not recommend.

on 12/21/2014 11:29:00 PM

Love this. The smell is fantastic, although I'm partial to bergamot. As another described it's a somewhat herbal smell. It's very moisturizing as well. My favourite lush product ( and I've only had it a week). Definitely worth a try.

on 6/14/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely adore the scent of this! I'm not sure how to describe this, because I find it slightly spicy and kind of masculine. But that's why I love it! It's much more moisturizing than other shower gels from Lush and whenever I shower with this, I always feel so good! It's crazy how expensive this shower gel is but I've never really had another shower product that I loved like I do this one. Too bad there's not a perfume like this

on 6/10/2014 2:55:00 AM

I'm not normally one to review body washes, as they seem such a simple/mundane thing, but I do really like this one and feel that it stands out.

This was the first Lush product I ever tried. I was drawn in by the smell. I do detect mandarin in there, but other things, too - something floral and something herbal. I really can't describe it, but it is a truly lovely scent. It strikes me as feminine, but not "girly." I don't smell anything olive-y about it, for the record. I would love to have a perfume in this scent.

The body wash itself is nice, as well. You do need to shake it, as I find it separates a bit in the bottle (the olive oil?). It is a gel texture, but slightly on the thinner side. It lathers well with a loofah (I use one of those plastic net poof things). The lather feels foamy, lightweight, and rich all at the same time. It rinses off very easily and leaves my skin feeling very soft and soothed, and slightly moisturized. My body skin is pretty low-maintenance so I can't say much more than that, but I will say that it also did not irritate more, ahem, sensitive regions.

This is expensive for a shower gel, which is my hesitation in saying I would repurchase it. But it really has the loveliest smell and is a very pleasant body wash, so I certainly wouldn't mind having a bottle of it around for when I need a good pick-me-up in the shower.

on 5/29/2014 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got the smallest size to try, since I didn't have a chance to have a sniff before ordering. Well, I kind of hate it. As a shower gel this seems great, lathers well and feels very moisturizing on the skin, seems great for shaving too. It's very thin and you have to shake the bottle to mix the oil in, but I don't find this a problem at all. The scent, however, is nothing like I would expect based on the description. I just can't detect any mandarin or bergamot. All this smells like to me is musky soap. It's like a cheap cologne or an old bar soap with a dull, musky fragrance. No citrus at all. It's quite sad, really, as I'd otherwise love to use this, but the scent that is left on my skin (and it really does stay on the skin right until the next shower) makes me feel so ill I just can't.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I honestly can not say enough good things about this product without blabbing on and on! This shower gel is so amazing and does whatever imaginable for the skin! If you're looking for the skin to feel calm, soft, subtle and feeling moisturised, don't look at anywhere else, the Olive Branch Shower Gel will become your best friend in the shower.

Let me be straight about this, I recommend this for sensitive skin. If you're searching for a shower-related product that will be quick to apply and safe for sensitive skin, you need only this. This shower gel leaves your skin so soft you will see the difference and end result between your last shower product. The skin feels so silky, you can just glide your fingers up and down. The end result is so beneficial, it is so easy to apply moisturiser on your body and you can still smell the scent that lingers on your skin. My friend pointed out it out to me that my skin was so soft and smooth, you will get compliments!

First off, you need to shake the bottle so the oil on the top will distribute and mix with the rest of the gel. You only need a squeeze, the formula lathers up quite quickly and soon you will be covered in this amazing gem! Apply it anywhere, I had a scratch near my ear piercing and it prevented me from wearing my ear rings. It immediately soothed the ear, removing all the gunk and left it soft, fresh and clean. I've only used at least 1/5 of the bottle to be precise, in a month and I've used it every day. (I bought the medium-sized bottle for $12.50 in Australia)

I've read that the scent is quite unique and hard to describe, but I've found the scent to be the opposite. I can't argue that the scent smells luscious, sweet and fresh because it's exactly what it is! The smell of mandarins fills the shower and there's no traces of olive oil scents, it smells fruity! The scent to me smells sort of like the typical bath scent, but with a fruity twist. It's not exactly new or unique, in my opinion. However, I still love and adore this product, it's changed my shower experience.

The only fault for me was the packaging, the lid with the two attachments that adheres to the bottle was its downfall. One of the attachments broke and I'm afraid that the other one will reattach from the bottle leaving me without the lid. However, the advantages/end results overcome all the disadvantages for me! LOVE, LOVE THE PRODUCT!

on 4/27/2014 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm currently using this shower gel and it's just kind of "meh" for me. It's quite liquidy, which surprised me the first time I used it and it spurted out everywhere and startled me. I don't see the hassle in shaking it up a little before using it (to the people complaining about how they need to shake it up...really? REALLY? You're being silly. Stop that nonsense) and it's quite moisturizing. I can smell the vine leaf extract and something a bit more spicy and floral. It smells good, but it doesn't wow me like a lot of the scents at Lush do. Like I said, very moisturizing, to the point where I didn't need to put lotion on afterwards, but I can't see myself repurchasing. I find It's Raining Men gives me the same effect and I like the smell better.

on 3/13/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite LUSH shower gel. It's moisturising enough for me not to have to use a bodylotion afterwards. The scent is indeed very unisex, but doesn't linger too long so no problem. Have and will rebuy.

on 12/4/2013 1:48:00 PM

Love the scent

on 9/4/2013 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

ah i love this so much!!

i've been using happy hippy for a year and i finally decided to try something different so i went for this and it's amazing smells so good and makes your skin feel so soft after.

you have to shake it before using so it's not as runny