The Body Shop Blue Corn Mask

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Blue Corn Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Blue Corn Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Bisabolol, Propylparaben, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Geranium Oil, Limonene, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil, Linalool, Neem Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citral, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1, Red 33.

on 5/24/2015 6:58:00 AM

This is a pretty decent face mask and is especially good for clearing black heads + leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean, I don't think I will be repurchasing this one however as it does tend to sting and I have used other similar masks that can achieve the same results without causing any pain

on 2/27/2015 1:27:00 AM

I was hesitant to buy this at first because I thought it wouldn't last very long because of the container. I've had it for about 5 months I think and I use it at least once a week and I still have some left. It soothes your skin and I absolutely love it. I can definitely tell the difference in my skin and I'm definitely going to purchase again when I run out.

on 8/25/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i'm so glad i bought this ! worth every single pound...cleaned my oily face ,took out all black heads and dead skin , gave a healthy glow and made it veryyy smooth ! i simply love this <3

on 8/17/2014 8:29:00 PM

I really like this mask. I have acne prone skin and lots of blackheads. Even though it does nothing for my acne, my pores are visibly cleaner and the best of all.. No more blackheads on my nose! It does sting a bit but nothing too dramatic and it feels like it's cleaning away all the impurities of the week. Use once a week or twice if you have sensitive skin. The smell is...meh, I don't really mind. Would repurchase.

on 7/24/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First impression: stings like a bitch! But after finishing, redness has been reduced everywhere, face feels smooth and looks healthier and brighter. Still tingling but pores look clearer and reduces lumps and bumps... Impressed!

For a detaile dreview check out http://www.crush-on-beauty.com/2014/05/blue-corn-3-in-1-deep-cleansing-scrub-mask/
The blue corn 3 in 1 deep cleansing scrub mask is a thick grainy mixture for all the lazy ladies doing the 3 products work in 1 product. It cleanses the skin and exfoliates and also acts as a mask. You can see in the tub the blue grains mixed with kaolin clay mask making this Blue Corn Mask. Kaolin Clay Mask in itself is so good for skin. It has a specific smeel to it. So all those beauties who do not like products with fragrance might find it not that good. But since fragrance is not an issue with me so I am fine with it. It has a very nice and fresh clay like smell to it.

on 3/8/2014 10:51:00 AM

Ouch! I donít have sensitive skin by any stretch. Iíve never had anything burn or sting Ė ever! I put this on and it felt like my skin had been stung by bees. I washed it off thinking It must have been caused by something else but when I put it back on I was shocked to discover that it was the mask that was actually burning. I really donít know what they have put in this but I donít think itís a good thing. The main benefits are going to come from the kaolin which makes your skin clear and soft Ė there is no benefit to having your skin burned and irritated by harsh ingredients. I wonít buy this again and Iíd advise people to steer well clear of it and buy a simpler kaolin mask without all the chemicals.

On a slightly more positive note it does kind of clear up your pores. After using self tan which stains your pores dark I noticed that this got rid of the black pores and left the tan.

I would still NOT recommend it though - there are better kaolin based masks out there that won't burn.

This also contains parabens which are known hormone disrupter which is another reason to give it a miss.

on 2/20/2014 5:39:00 PM

5 stars for this product! It works for oil and acnes skin! Deep cleaning and your skin look fresh, feel smooth. A little strong so it's not fit with sensetive skin. Should use once a week only ^-^ !

on 2/3/2014 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product is strong. When first applied, it stings a bit. However, it gives a very cooling, refreshing effect once washed off. My skin feels smooth and all. The graininess is great in exfoliating. No red patches.

on 1/21/2014 11:19:00 PM

I fairly like this product, if anyone said it's stings when you apply it on its true, but just leave it on after 5 minutes the stings will gone. This mask does not dry my skin out and it is smooth out my skin as well.