October 22, 2014 | 1925 users online

Scrubs - Westwood Squibb Pernox

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Petta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a long time lemon Pernox user also. Kept my skin clear in my youth and with twice a week use now keeps it exfoliated and smooth. Really gives me a nice glow. It's pricey but so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

So I bought the Lemon Pernox, and I am not sure if its the same as the Westwood one, but its absolutely wonderful. Its helped clear my skin so much. The main ingrediant is sulfur, which dries oily skin (like mine). This scrub just really gets deep down into my pores and cleans them out... Love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I liked this concentrated sandy scrub a lot at first because it got my face squeaky clean (literally my skin squeaked if I rubbed my finger on it) and it contains salicylic acid and sulfur, both great ingredients for acne. My skin responded to this cleanser well at first but I stopped using this on my face because I think it was too harsh and stripped too much natural moisture from my face. After using it daily my face looked dry and decrepit. I now use this on my décolletage and back to prevent breakouts and it works great on those areas. On my face, I now use L'Oreal Revitalift Radiant Smoothing Cleanser, which cleans my oily skin well but doesn't strip it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Birgitta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pernox comes in a tube and in a lotion, the formulations are not the same. I prefer the lotion with its sulfur and salicylic acid. The smell is well worth the results. I use it on sun damaged areas, age spots, and it works quickly and consistently. My husband uses the tube version for deep cleaning/exfoliation. These are definitely worth the money, a little goes a long way. I have used Pernox since the sixties without stopping. People will sometimes comment on the clarity and softness of my 60 year old skin. Indispensable!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by brufe521

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Male, 52 years old, oily, not particularly sensitive, skin. I, like others, have used this product since I was in the 8th grade (1971, yikes!!!), on the recommendation of my dermatologist. I have tried every other "face/acne scrub" brand available at Wal-Mart, CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. Nothing even comes close. I use it about twice a week and IT REALLY WORKS. My wife is always bugging me about blackheads. . . but not after using Pernox. Sometimes I mix a little Pernox with one of the other face scrubs to cut the sulfur like smell and make an expensive tube last a bit longer. Of course, my only complaints are the high price and lack of local availability.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Sojourner55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this WONDERFUL product since the early 1970's and have never found any scrub that performs better than this one (and I've tried a lot). Back in the 'olden days' of my youth it was very easy to find in drugstores but as newer products were added it was gradually phased out of most of them. When it was impossible for me to find locally (waaay before the internet) I tried many other brands and never was satisfied with them and finally on a whim asked the pharmacist at my drugstore if they still even made it...and to my delight, they did, and he ordered me a couple of tubes. I had him do that several times, and eventually found I was able to purchase it over the internet.

Most people have never heard of this wonderful scrub, and it's a real shame. It performs SO much better than anything else I've ever used. It's decidedly "non-sexy" in its packaging and doesn't have the full complement of other skin care products, so I understand why it isn't easy to find in drugstores.

When I was a teenager back in the 70's I had very oily skin with a lot of blackheads and this is the only thing that helped. I'm 55 years old and have combination skin and still use it. I use a very small amount every other day and my skin is never dry or irritated by it. I've used Philosophy's The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash when I was out of Pernox, and it was a distant second. Pernox does a better job.

This is absolutely HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

nothing saved my skin more than this as a teen with excessively oily and UNsenstive skin!!! time and time again it smoothed it like it had been perfectly buffed with crushed pearls or something and gave a wonderful glow oh those were the days!!! im 35 now so its a major no-no but I wanted to give it it's 20 year old props!!!! as a major fixture and well beloved Holy Grail of the early 90's!!! GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!
the sulphur smellis yucky.. but id use it once just to reminesce thats how much I loved the results! I see them on ebay now and I guess its still in stores... but even as a teen in the early 90's I had to shell out $19-$23 a 4 oz tube!!!(not easy for me at that time) but it was always so well worth it!!!
NOTHING compares.
thats why they still make the same formulation all this time later..while millions of other companies come and go.. get their $millions quick..leave and do no good! its so true:(
a million times better than proactive, just this one tube.
PERFECT!!!! with a TINY TINYYYYY amount you can scrub your whole face with literally a pea size!! its super powerful and concentrated.. first scrub it in with no water!!! then add water (tiny bit water) and it lathers when you rinse your hands will run over your face and feel a smoothinglike you never felT! and for the super oily youll experience a welcome "tightness/dryness..." in a GOOD way and a healthy glow... it did seem to LIGHTEN my skin too which I LOVED!!!!! I liked the pale look for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I was an adolescent, the pores on my nose were completely caked with blackheads. Extractions that came out sized like small grains of rice - very gross!! I remember turning to this because nothing else was working and I happily found it worked quickly at getting my skin cleaned out. Those blackheads went away fast!
I remember this being a thick paste with LOTS of grit and cleaning action. I had the lemon version and IIRC I found the scent to be medicinal but alright.
As an adult with drier, sensitive skin, there is *no way* I could use it. But I saw this product advertised here and wanted to share my experiences back from a period when it worked for me.
Recommended for non-sensitive, oily, congested skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! This stuff is amazing. It's definitely the best scrub I've ever used. It doesn't lather very much, but it has a great consistency grit-wise: enough to polish my skin to a dreamy smoothness and banish my oiliness like nothing else. My skin has never been this soft. The only drawback is its price: I got it for $19.99 at Rite Aid. But I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 6:32:00 AM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I could be granted a wish that one product would never be discontinued, it would be this one. Its becoming increasingly difficult to find, no major drug stores carry it anymore, and I can only get it online. It is, hands down, the best product for oily, congested, thick, clogged, acne prone skin. It dissolves oil and makes your skin super soft and clean. I guess some people think its harsh, but I think its wonderful. The scrubs these days don't even scrub, they have so few scrubbing particles. This one is thick, wall-to-wall scrubbies that scour your face super clean. The cons: it smells bad, it comes in a no-frills package, its very expensive and its hard to find. The pros: none of the cons matter one bit, because this stuff works! Please, please, never stop making this, and please get it back in the stores! If more people knew about it and tried it, I really think it would be popular. Try it.