October 25, 2014 | 916 users online

Sunscreen - Ocean Potion - Dab-On Sport Stick SPF 60

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by KNgcakani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: Alas after about a week of using this it ended up clogging my pores, to the point where they looked inflamed - Will not repurchase:(

Yes! Will most definitely repurchase. I bought this having heard about Ocean Potion when I lived in Toronto. Its just arrived in South Africa and so I decided to check it out - Love the fact that it does NOT:

* Leave a greasy or waxy feel on application
* Leave a white flim on darker skin leading to a grey ashy hue
* Change the colour of my foundation
* Clog my pores and break me out
* Change the consistency of my skin throughout the day

What it is:

* Highly protective in the blaring African sun

HG for me ...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by 1Green

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great sunscreen. I keep it in my purse and this keeps it handy and easy to use. There is no need to rub it in. I have very fair sensitive skin and this sunscreen is not irritating. I am not a fan of Walmart, but cannot find it elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2006 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Loisl

I prefer OP cream in the pot for everyday or Hawaiian Tropic's flat stick for the beach, but my daughter likes this (age 12). I think she doesn't like the waxy sensation of the other sticks. As long as I don't see color from the sun on her cheeks, I'm happy. Her skin is much less sensitive than mine and darker; she takes after her dad, and I'm fair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 9:49:00 AM More reviews by angelclover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of Ocean Potion (being a PPP and relying on sunscreen to leave the house ;-P ) and I stock up as soon as it comes into our local Wal-Mart. The bright yellow sport stick fits great in my purse for when I've forgotten to put my regular sunscreen on. It can sting a little going on- but that seems to be due to its liquid nature. The application, or product dries pretty matte and I usually find that it does well with a layer of powder (or powder foundation) over it. Hey- it's cheap, quick, easy, and it works. Besides my young nieces (10 and 5) love putting on their sunblock when it doesn't get globbed in their hair (face line) but rather can sit on top (perfect for parts as someone else mentioned) again watch out for the sting- skip exfoliating the morning before giving it a go- and be careful around your eye area. Any sensation fades quickly (as long as you don't have a sensitivity to the ingredients.)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2005 10:28:00 AM More reviews by jsancken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I stock up on this when I am in the States. It is great to carry around in your purse for spot treatments and works great for applying to the scalp because it is a liquid rather than a cream. It is super cheap too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2005 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Diefenthaler10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No breakouts yet. I have never had luck finding a sunscreen for my face that doesn't make my face breakout.
Only 4 lippies because there is a slight stinging sensation upon application. Will most definatly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by AlFitz614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am loving this product. I had been looking for a ss to carry around, but I hate the sticks b/c they are usually waxy or greasey. This comes in a platic tube, which is perfect to carry around in my purse, but it's acually liquid. It has a ball covered with a filter type fabric over it to despense the ss, sorry, it's hard to describe. It despenses just the right amount of ss, and doesn't pour out really fast. I like just being able to grab this for a touch up in my nose, or on my ears. It soaks in really fast and does not leave my skin greasey. It has UVB & UVA protection and I think this was less then 2 buck at Wal-Mart, so it's a great deal too. Will be repurchasing.
Active Ingrediants: Avobenzone 2.5%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6%
continued >>