September 21, 2014 | 1026 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes in Egyptian

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is lovely. A very dark blackened olive shot through with bronze - really unusual colour. It's kind of what I hoped Laura Mercier's Black Gold would be, only with a bit more green. So often, you get these eyeliners which are gorgeous colours, but just don't show up. That is not the case with this Cream Shaper. It's a soft, dense pencil that gives great colour pay-off, even works well on the waterline. Okay, so I don't get quite the dramatic line there that I get with BB Longwear Eye Pencil. But it definitely shows on the waterline and gives a slightly softer look than the usual black. In terms of wear, it's pretty good. Again, from using the BB Longwear, I have high expectations, but even if I don't reapply all day at work, the Cream Shaper holds up - yes, I need to reapplly on the waterline, but even if I didn't bother, it would still look as though I was wearing eyeliner.
The way I use eyeliner is to line inside the waterline, then go around on the outside, top and bottom, and smudge a bit. This pencil is great for that intense, smoky look. Not so sure it'd work well if you wanted a clean flick - in fact, I'm sure it probably wouldn't. I'm still experimenting with the best eyeshadow colours to put it with - so far it looks lovely with Stila Golightly and La Douce.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this for the shade egyptian. Stays on well too. Only thing I wish is that it wasn't a sharpening required pencil, feel like most of the product gets wasted sharpening it. I wish they would make it a retractable, or does any of you MUAers know of a dupe for this shade????

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lisabk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite eye liner! Goes on smoothly and lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by sandra1900

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Me:
NC10 with very yellow skin
Very sensitive skin
Uber dry skin

This is my HG eyepencil, I love how creamy this eyepencil is and that it doesnt move a bit during the day. Egyptian is a bronzy/khaki shade and really compliments my blue eyes. I like to wear it with a natural e/s like MAC brulee-ish or MAC Vanilla pigment, but sometimes I use it for a smokey eye and apply the pencil all over my eyelid.

Unfortunately we almost pay high end prices for Clinique where I live, but that has not stopped me from buying this eyepencil over and over again. Def. a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by delrio

This eyeliner is absolutely gorgeous. I love the color! I can't really wear black, but this is a dark, dark gray-black-green-gold- color with just a tiny bit of shimmer. It looks so pretty on my brown eyes. It goes on really creamy and smooth. I wear it on top of cream eyeshadow and it does last at least 12 hours with very minor fading. I can't wear it on my lower lashes, though, because it smudges too much. This is a really nice liner. I wish it would stay just a little bit longer, but the color makes up for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My mom bought this on a whim, and as this often happens, she hated it and ended up giving it to me. I had been looking for a color like this for a while and hey this was free so I took it happily!!

And happy is I with this liner!

I am not usually a fan of traditional wood pencils because I find sharpening them a total hastle and wasteful, but this one is different. The color is soft enough to be easy to line with, but has enough structural integrity to not crumble when sharpened.

The color is a very complex gunmetal grey-green color with a slightly golden shimmer that is subtle enough to not look like too much, but also apparent enough to catch the eye of somebody if they looked closer :)

I like to wear this either a) smoked out around my eyes for a more sultry effect, very popular with the boys ;) or b) instead of using a black liner, I will put this in my lower waterline to add that definition without being as harsh as black could be.

When placed in my waterline it does fade, as all liners do. But instead of smudging in a nasty way around my lower lashline it almost 'sticks' to my bottom lashes and makes them appear thicker and more defined :)

I didn't pay for this, but when I do end up running out I will repurchase in more colors! And this one too of course :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I went looking for the brown in the range with the rave reviews (chocolate lustre?) and tried that on along with this, and this suited me much better. It's a lovely dark greeny gold with tiny sparkles. I wear it every day and really quite like it. Makes a change from my usual brown for daytime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

This is a great alternative to your basic black eyeliner. It is softer, with hints of deep green and gold. I love it! It applies very smoothly, and has a cream-like consistency as the name suggests. It defines my eyes in a softer, natural way. I feel like the colour "Egyptian" has a unique way of enhancing my eyes. It brings out the slight hints of green in my eyes. I only have one complaint - the staying power COULD be better. Eyeliners rarely ever smudge or fade for me, but this is one of those exceptions. I find myself having to reapply "Egyptian" on my lower lash line, a couple times a day due to it fading.

Edit: Due to Clinique's new animal testing policy, I will no longer be purchasing Clinique products. I have lowered this product's rating to a 4.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is nice, the staying power is a little disappointing, the texture is creamy so it glides on very well, but the price is high. 15 dollars for this pencil is really pricey in my opinion. plus it smudges throughout the day based on my experiene.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by annieneild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very dark brown with a hint of shimmer. While the product description said it was a "blackened green", I don't find the green in it at all. On the plus side, it goes on very smoothly and seems to last a while. Too dark for me, and didn't do anything for my green eyes.