August 27, 2014 | 1794 users online

Scrubs - Tony & Tina - Herbal Daily Face Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by leira

This is a phenomenal scrub from the discontinued m/u line, Tony and Tina. I got this for $5 at TJMaxx and I'm glad I gave it a try. This is a daily scrub that does not dry your face but exfoliates gently and effectively. It is a large jar (1.7oz), and I wish it was packaged differently, like in a tube so it's more sanitary. However, the product inside is just wonderful. It contains honey, oat flour, cornmeal, kaolin, jojoba, glycerin and lavender. For reference, I have normal to oily skin with blackheads and large pores. Although it didn't get rid of my blackheads, I believe it helped keep my skin clear. This did not break me out at all, unlike other exfoliators (Biotherm, ya hear me?). The scrub granules are there but its not harsh because of the moisturizing properties of the ingredients. After rinsing, my skin felt smooth, vibrant, and not tight at all. I used this everyday and it lasted me months! This and Daily Microfoliant from Dermalogica are the most gentlest exfoliators I've ever tried. If you ever see this at your TJMaxx or Marshalls, definitely give it a chance and try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 10:27:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

I am so pleasantly suprised by this product. Only suprised b/c i had no idea what to expect of Tony & Tina skincare. i got 2 samples from the counter and use them for 4 days. i fell in love instantly, and bought a jar on ebay for $18 (cuz it's $32 in the store!!!!). It's a jar of oatmeal colored clay/paste sort of stuff. you are to dampen fingertips and massage this over your face for 1 minutes. which is good, b/c you don't have to have water all over your face for the entire time. The feel is soft w/ the grains throughout a little scattered, but it's mostly the paste doing the work. So just like Dermalogicas microfoliant, it's a scrub you can use daily. I LOVE the way my skin feels after using it. A strangely perfect soft, not squeekly clean, but soft and finished. One morning during my first 4 uses i woke up and noticed my skin was less red. i didn't associate it w/ the T&T but kept thinking, "what the hell did i use that my skin is not so red?!", then when i unsed it again and saw the same results, i knew exactly what it was. Now I follow w/ a brightening toner, then my Dr. brandt c cream. i've very happy i bought a jar, even though $20 for a scrub was really way out of my range. T&T HDFS rules. :D (i'll buy it again, but only for a discounted price)