September 21, 2014 | 2084 users online

Gels/Soaps - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Satin Shower Body Wash in Lavender

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by idontwearmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This body wash does make me a bit dry on my arms and rest of my body.... BUT. It is the best shaving cream/gel ever! It is natural, which is my top priority. But when I take a pump for each leg (out of the HUGE bottle), my legs are left extremely smooth and hairless. It is also very cooling and soothing in a hot shower. I just use some Desert Essence coconut lotion on my legs and whipped shea butter (that smells like a truffle) on my knees and BAM! Smooooth legs. I would replace this with your shaving cream/gel ASAP.

Update: 10-15-12
I changed my rating from 5 to 3
This has become a little too drying. I now use Shakai Body wash in Gardenia. I do not have dry skin normally at all, and Shakai is great anyway!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was disappointing. I've never had a rpblem with Jason skincare, but this particular product made my skin itch like crazy. I checked the ingredients list and learned that there is a marigold scent added to it. I wonder if this is the suspect ingredient, as I have no problems with natural lavender scents, incuding Jason's. Thankfully I purchased it on sale at Whole Foods. I will not return it, as I think I can use it to clean the house, lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOAH! HG body wash!! smells wonderful, super-fine texture, does not dehydrate my skin and it's completely natural. It comes in a huge bottle that lasts ages. I don't mind the price for the quantity and quality of the product. Can't wait to try the other scents!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ATM1985

I bought this product while looking for a body wash without SLS. I've been using it regularly for three months now, and I'm very satisfied with it. I have sensitive skin, which makes it difficult for me to find products that don't irritate my skin or my allergies. This body wash, however, is very moisturizing and has minimized my breakouts and dry patches. It also leaves my skin feeling clean and soft without a slick, greasy feeling other body washes sometimes leave.

I also enjoy the scent. The fragrance is very natural and not overpowering. However, if you're looking for a lavender scent to layer with lotion or other fragrance, this might not be the body wash for you. The scent is light and does not linger very long once you are out of the shower.

Although some reviews have mentioned a problem with the large bottle pump, I've yet to experience any issues with my pump. I believe I purchased the bottle for $10 USD, which is a very good price for the quality and size of the product. Overall, I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by bluedog0610

This is a decent shower gel, but is not moisturizing at all. This is not a big problem for me during most of the year, but recently with the colder weather, the drying is noticeable. It does not smell over the top of lavender, which is good, since so many lavender products are too strong.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bikn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This dried out my skin and aggravated my eczema...I thought it was just me, but my mom started noticing dry patches on her skin as well. It didn't clear up my breakouts on my back, nor did it prevent new breakouts, which is what I was hoping it would do. I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

I definitely like this! I was searching for an SLS-free body wash, and stumbled across this (well, the Rosewater & Glycerin scent, which I wasn't particularly fond of). I'm a sucker for anything lavender, so I picked this up in a snap. It lathers nicely, rinses away cleanly, and smells wonderful; like true lavender, but not over-the-top. The huge bottles fit easily in my shower, and it takes forever to use up. Have and will repurchase.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by acc929

I've recently been making the change to natural skin and haircare washing products both for my sake and the environment's. I was at Roche Brother's the other day looking in their natural cosmetics section. I'd been looking for that Burts Bees Shea Butter Body Wash but couldn't find it. I saw this, and I love natural lavender scents but was worried it would be all fake and over-the-top synethic drugstore lavender scent, but not at all! It's light and clean and fresh, not strong and old-ladyish like some lavender scents. It's gently cleansing and all natural, and tons of product for the money you pay. Will probably repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Thumper1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE Jason's body washes! This is the first body wash that actually does not leave me with "the itchies". I currently have 3 bar soaps and 6 showers gels in use in my shower (I know, i can't help it, it's a disease) lol And out of all of those, I find myself reaching for my Jason's most of the time. When I do use the others, it's more out of obligation, wanting to get rid of them so I can use Jason exclusively. I orginally purchased a 2-for-1 at Vitamin Shoppe and received a Lavender and an Aloe Vera (12 oz each) for $7 or $8. Then I discovered www.vitacost.com---- then I bought a 30 oz for my son's bathroom for a little over $7 !!! The body washes have lasted for a very long time. They have nice, pleasant scents that aren't overwhelming, just nice and clean. It rinses clean and like I said, no itchies! Definitely worth trying in MHO. And also check out www.vitacost.com, they sell the natural/ organic stuff and vitamins (etc) at the BEST prices. Thanks for reading!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this body wash as well as most of the other Jason body washes (there a couple of fragrances I'm not crazy about). Absolutely non-drying, and leaves my skin feeling great. I have noticed that I can use less body lotion after my shower when I use this. For those of you who do not like or can't tolerate fragrances, this body wash is also available in a fragrance-free version. This also makes a great shampoo. Never dries my hair and leaves it smooth, full and very easy to manage. It's very reasonable - a 30 oz. pump bottle is only $6.00 to $10.00 depending on where you buy it.