September 18, 2014 | 1374 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Johnson & Johnson - Softlotion - extra care healing lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by lashout88

i have pretty sensitive skin on my legs, and this is one of the only lotions i can put on my legs. most lotions burn on my legs (especially after shaving...in which they also make my leg hair grow back even faster), but this one doesn't.

i don't use lotion very often anyway, but when i need some for my body, this is what i always use. it leaves my skin soft, not greasy. it is a thick formula, so you don't need much. it smells alright, kinda like a warm vanilla, but not too sweet. sometimes i really like how it smells, sometimes i don't...but it works, so i don't care. i like that the bottle has a pump...caps are inconvenient and slippery when you have lotion on your hands. i've already repurchased twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this lotion when my daughter was a newborn and I was constantly washing my hands. It is thick going on but absorbs very quickly. If you wait a little while after putting on and you wash your hands it doesn't get all greasy and nasty, thats what I really like about it. It's like it truely does absorb completely. It smells good and it makes your skin super soft. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a bigger bottle and lasted longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only lotion I have been able to use! I love the smell, like a vanilla candle, and it is the only thing doesn't feel super greasy and overpowering smell. I hate lotions that interfere with my perfume. It has the right amount of moisture for my skin and absorbs very quickly. My skin isn't very dry, i just have a crazy obsession with lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU HAVE INCREDIBLY DRY SENSITIVE RED ITCHY FLAKEY WINTER SKIN! It totally works! If you're just looking for an everyday kinda moisturizer, then this may be too much. It tops aloe lotions! Great price for huge pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion. The consistency is thick, but it feels light going on, the packaging is convenient and easy to use, it doesn't leak. I find this lotion to be very moisturizing, which is great for my dry skin. I've been using it for the last 4 months or so and my legs don't have that ashen look they had before. It takes some 3 minutes to absorb, and leaves skin feeling creamy the rest of the day. I really like the fragrance, it kinda smells like peaches & baby powder. It's a great product to use for colder months, I started using it in summer and it felt greasy going on and made my skin feel sticky. But it's wonderful now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I only use this when my skin is really, REALLY dry - like flaking off my legs in winter, or for red, cracked hands. Otherwise I find it too greasy - it never absorbs completely and I'm not a fan of the smell. It's not an offensive smell, just too baby powder-ish, and I really don't like that. But if you like baby powder, it's not bad. I prefer to apply it at night before I go to sleep.
I also have really sensitive skin, but have never had a bad reaction to it. So, I would buy it again and I have no major complaints, but I'm not raving about it either.
I think I prefer the regular 24h version of this in terms of texture, but the smell of that is way worse - it's a trade-off.
Pros:
- good moisturizer, stops peeling/flaking
- cheap
- comes in a GIANT pump bottle
Cons:
- scent lingers
- greasy

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by dann1004

This isn't a horrible moisturizer, but it makes me feel SUPER waxy. It feels disgusting. It has a great scent, and I like the pump dispenser, but there are other lotions that will moisturize well and not leave the waxiness. If you haven't tried this yet, I would skip on this product and look for something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Use it for hands only. I got several of them for free when I bought cotton balls from J and J. I put it on my office desk and use it only here. It moisturizes ok. But one can wash good effect away if you wash your hands a bit later. A good hand cream is not supposed to do that. Also a little bit oily on hands. Smells good though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by blonde_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this lotion was.. ok.. i guess. it smells nice, and is moisturizing which i need, but if i put it on before bed.. when i wake up my skin feels so greasy. and believe me i never have greasy skin. i just couldnt take it. i really wanted to like this since i love baby stuff n it smelled so good :( poo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 12:09:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good lotion for dry skin. My legs, back, stomach, and elbows especially have a tendency for drying out like h*ll in the winter between the cold and the dry heat of my apartment. This is a great lotion for combating it. The scent is really nice, the consistencyis absolutely the best, and the price is good. I love the pump bottle as well, traveling with it is a breeze, unlike some other lotions w/pumps. I've bought this once and I bought the cream too, but I think I'm only going to repurchase the cream, because I'm really dry.