November 26, 2014 | 1310 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Tea for Two [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ncashen

I think this is my second review of Tea for Two by L'Artisan. I still have half of the bottle I received as a Christmas gift (by request) several years ago. I was so captivated by this spicy and exotic fragrance for so long. Nothing else topped my list. And my fragrance list is very, very long.

I still love it. I love it so much I was sad but strangely relieved when I heard that L'Artisan discontinued Tea for Two, because it would force me to move on to a new favorite. Lately, I've been trying to fall in love with older, classic fragrances, such as Yves Saint Laurent's Opium (a deep, dark, smoldering oriental). I sprayed the back of my right hand with Opium EDT at Ulta today. Then I ordered a bottle.

But I still cherish the remains of my Tea for Two bottle. I love to spray it on my hair when I'm dressed up for an occasion. It has great staying power, and when I move, I can often smell it floating up from my scarf or clothing.

Even reading the pyramid of notes causes me to crave this fragrance:

Top notes are bergamot, star anise and tea; middle notes are cinnamon, ginger, spices and gingerbread; base notes are honey, vanilla, leather and tobacco.

I don't see star anise in many perfumes. I do see licorice notes at times. Maybe that's what pushes Tea for Two over the line and into a category all its own.

I've read that Tea for Two was marketed as a unisex fragrance. But I find it to be filled with feminine mystique: warm, sensual, and mysterious. Maybe L'Artisan will bring this back. Although my favorites are often discontinued. I felt similar disappointment when L'Occitane discontinued Ambre L`Occitane en Provence for women.

Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens is the only fragrance I can think of that could replace Tea for Two in my collection. Fumerie Turque is accurately categorized as unisex. It's brave, bold, smoky, spicy, and it takes "deep and dark" to the next level. But it possesses no femininity at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Either my nose or my skin causes this to just smell Smokey. It reminds me of when women smoke, and then try to cover the smell with perfume. I don't hate it, but I just can't get past the smoke element. My husband even asked me if I'd been around a friend who smokes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought it , tested it and returned it...
a wonderful Lapsang Suchong scent with milky undertones....reminds me a lot of L'Erbolario Meharees or Frapin 1270 scents...
balmy, smoky, cinamonny milk teao.....really wonderful...
)I'm talking about the old version....)
but not for me:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

Others have already said it all, it's a lovely unique fragrance. But as much as I love it, I find it somehow too foody. This is what I like my kitchen to smell like on a rainy chilly afternoon. Warm smell of honey, hot tea in the teapot, cozy atmosphere with a touch of something smokey. I am not sure if this is what I want ME to smell like.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful chai tea and vanilla scent. The spices are light and airy (it has a similar impression as Bulgari The Vert, although that is lemony and floral) and the vanilla never gets too cloying or synthetic to me. There's a wonderful, almost smoky and medicinal edge to the opening that I find addictive. I found this to be a good office perfume, and I'm really, really tempted to get a full bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by love4animals

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The name does not sum up this fragrance at all. I get very little tea from this. I mostly get a smoky, spicy, slightly sweet oriental fragrance. It kind of smells like those sugar coated jelly candies that had a variety of flavors, and there was one jelly that was spicy, and as a kid I avoided those and ate all the cherry and grape ones. The spicy ones got hard and stale.

Theres something about it that reminds me of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanilla, but a tamer version. I find it to be a comfort scent. Something to wear for yourself and not for others since the only way other people can smell it is if their noses are smashed up on your skin.

Its a interesting scent but not FBW due to the fact that it has such poor sillage. Longevity is nothing to brag about either. But Ive found this to be the case with all the L'art scents Ive tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: star anise and tea; cinnamon, ginger, spices; honey and vanilla.

This fragrance opens with a spectacular tea note framed by honey and spices. Although tobacco is not listed as a note, it is definitely present here. The tobacco note adds to the richness of the aroma and blends perfectly with the tea. This is a true comfort scent: it envelops you in its golden warmth and intoxicates you with its delicious fumes. If this fragrance were a place, Id say it is an English country manor in autumn and tea is served in the library. There are moments the fragrance veers towards Christmas cookie territory, but it never crosses the line, it is an oriental - but not a gourmand scent. Lasts for roughly 6 hours on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This isn't terrible, but didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. Mostly because my skin chemistry seemed to amp the smokiness and cloak all the wonderful spice notes. And I don't get chai from this at all. I'll probably use the rest of my sample but won't bother buying a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by sollieday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first time I smelled this fragrance, I thought it smelled chilly. There are spices, yes, but I did not get the impression of warmth from them. However, recently I've been wearing it again and I smell more vanilla along with the spiciness. I really like it. It is easy to wear and not overwhelming. It is cozy without being a one trick pony--I think this would be appropriate for work, running errands, dinner out, or staying at home. I think it is a dignified spicy sweet scent. I do not smell any smoke on my skin, for which I am grateful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this perfume. My hopes were high..i thought i'd finally found a fragrance that actually smelled like my beloved chai tea but...nope. This smells like a cross between black and mild smoke and the bedding you put at the bottom of a hampsters cage. I do get the anise, cinnamon, and honey notes but my mind converts all of that to hampster cage lol. It's not totally bad though...i just could never buy and wear myself. I also think it's more on the masculine side. Would most def. smell interesting on a man.