July 29, 2014 | 1285 users online

Lip Gloss - By Terry - Baume de Rose Crystal

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I wish I could love it because it is so expensive. I love the scent but it is just not moisturising. It works for the first half hour and then it just dries my lips out horribly. The SA told me it is the same with the pot over and I chose it because I think it is more portable in a tube. But I guess it isn't after reading the reviews here. I don't think I will ever repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lip gloss/balm. I bought it on a whim thinking that it probably wouldn't live up to its hype, yet knowing that I would always think about buying it until I tried it myself. I have really sensitive lips that tend to look kind of dry and flake very easily. I recently tried the new Fresh lip balm and I was hoping that would be HG, but sadly it irritated my lips. This makes my lips more moisturized than they've ever felt before and shockingly doesn't irritate them despite the sunscreen and the scent. I personally love the rose scent but if you aren't, and you think Rose Bud Salve smells bad, then this probably isn't for you. I've tried pretty much every DS lip balm as well as HE Darphin, Fresh, Nuxe, Korres, La Mer, Elizabeth Arden, etc. and this beats them all by quite a bit. The moisture also lasts and lasts. My lips feel so soft when I wake up and I only have to apply several times through the day. Although it is colorless it leaves a beautiful sheen on the lips and looks amazing over lipstick/stain. This is outrageously expensive. Really. That being said I've already ordered the pot version so I can designate this one to my purse. I've heard the pot is even better so I'm looking forward to trying it. Overall, despite the price, I'm willing to pay it because it is an effective product. After a week of owning this and using it exclusively for moisturizing my lips I know that I have a winner and will probably spend less in the long run because I won't constantly be trying new $10-20 lip balms. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I recently purchased this and the original baume in the pot (which I have reviewed separately.) I do agree with other reviewers that the pot baume is more moisturizing, but I also wanted something that was more portable.

The Crystal version comes in a lipgloss tube with a firm sponge-tip wand. On application, it feels a little "oilier" than a regular lipgloss. The scent of rose is also much stronger in this than the pot, which I don't mind. In the tube, the gloss looks like a milky light pink with some shimmer. On the lips, I don't notice any shimmer, and it only slightly lightens my naturally very pink lips. The staying power is about the same as a lipgloss (about an hour or so), but when it fades, my lips are left feeling soft and supple.

As such, I find it different than a regular lip gloss (most glosses do not leave my lips feeling this way; instead, a lot of the stickier ones give me that dreaded ring in the lips effect, which this does not.) There is SPF 15, which is an added plus.

My only complaints are the exorbitant cost ($52USD!!) and the fact that you can't apply a lipstick/lipgloss on top of this, as you can with the baume. I usually just wear this by itself.

Overall, I am pleased with this product and would most likely repurchase when I run out. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by charissez

Hmm i just got this product a few days ago and I quite like it! I have super dry lips from living in the UK and its really hard for me to find a suitable lipbalm - my lips tend to dry out really quick if i use something like vaseline so i need a heavy duty balm. i was looking at both the pot and the gloss and decided on the gloss cuz i find pots quite unhygenic.
im sure the other reviewers are right, that the pot is much more moisturizing but the gloss is very very rich too. i love the scent and i love the way it looks and that the consistency is not too goopy nor runny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the other reviewers that the pot version is much better at moisturizing.

I will just add that the pot version is $58 USD for 0.35 oz and the gloss tube version is $52 for 0.23 oz. The pot version is a better value as well.

The gloss has subtle sparkle pigments that the pot version does not. However, it does not show up on the lips. If you want to make your lip sparkle, then add a lip gloss like MAC Dazzleglass. This won't do it.

So I give the gloss a thumbs down because it is not as good of a moisturizer and the sparkle is not an added enhancement since it isn't noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

The previous reviewer is right. The pot version is so much better. Actually, I'm not even sure they're the same product. The stuff in the pot is a firm, vaseline-like balm; this is runny and oily and comes in an applicator tube like lip gloss. On the plus side, it's portable and easy to apply. It does moisturise the lips a little, and also has a light glossy finish. And like all By Terry products, the packaging is gorgeous and expensive looking and marks you out as one classy lady. But it's more of a cosmetic product than a treatment. If your lips need serious TLC, swallow the expense and plump for the pot version instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

I bought both this and the pot version and prefer the pot version. This was creamy but honestly did nothing for my lips. It smells great and was moisturizing but I didn't see nor experienced any real benefits. Additionally, the texture became a little too milky in less than one year. So I'm not sure if I would repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MarieMartinez

I love this lip baum. I have tried them all. This is a little pricey but it is a great treat for your lips if you can afford it. I love the smell and the texture. It has some shine but its not greasy. You can also use the excess on your cuticles so you are not wasting it.
By far my all time favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

Ridiculously expensive but it works. Smells divine and plumps up my oft-dry lips. I purchased the tube version but the same formula also comes in a portable pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 11:37:00 PM More reviews by alabasterhaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my HG of lip balms! Technically a gloss, this contains rose petals and rose hip oil. A very pale, milky pink, this balm repleneshes dry, chapped lips and works wonders overnight. Priced at $50 U.S. , this is to be used sparingly and beats La Mer's hands down. This can be purchased at Barney's or Bergdorf Goodman, or you can navigate the online site where prices are listed in Euros. Other colors are available in this formulation, but this is the most versatile one (I wear it over l/s as well). With continued use, I find that fine lines disappear, and my lips are more plumped than had I used any lip plumper (e.g. Too Faced Lip Injection or DuWop). Stay away if you don't like the rose scent, as it is quite strong.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No