August 22, 2014 | 1051 users online

Moisturizers - C.O. Bigelow - Deluxe Facial Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh man, i wish this worked on me. I love how this made my face super soft, but after using it, the next day, i have HUGE zits everywhere on my face. Bought this for $1, so I guess its not much of a loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by MYALU

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Once again- can't believe it took me so long to try this! This is a "routine" product for me for morning (or whenever I wake up). Unbelieveable calming chamomile scent which even tastes a bit good (if it gets on your mouth). I use it with the SPF 15- which is AMAZING that it has the two wonders in one. SPF needs to be worn every day- if your skin can handle it, and this makes the whole process that much easier. My normal to dry skin soaks this up quickly, and my skin has never felt and looked so good. Awesome that this comes in a squeeze bottle, too. They were SO cheap when they were on their way out. Deluxe, you will be missed!! Waa!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this after i liked the extra-light face lotion but I needed something a bit more for the dry cold Chicago winter.
My face is generally very oily so i am not sure if my face is changing now that i am in my 30's (which would kinda rock since my face has been waaaay oily for quite awhile) Or because it's winter and cold here in chicago.
I also have excema and my face has been red and itchy lately so i wanted to try this moisturizer.
while it was working there for awhile the past week or so my face was out of control itchy and flakey.
I love the scent of this lotion and i will continue to use it but i need to have a bit of a rotation lately where my moisturizers are concerned. one for when my face is oily... one with a bit more and my excema isn't acting up and a heavy one where my face is itchy and red. which is unfortunate since i am now spending so much money on different moisturizers.
I will keep using this one in my rotation as long as it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 7:15:00 AM More reviews by gilda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up at B&BW sale for 75% off $20. For $5 this 4oz moisturizer w/o SS is doing a great job for my combo skin. It's winter so I can't say if it will work out during the summer. This sinks right in and no break outs for me. Most all SPF moisturizers cause my skin to flare up so this is a great find for me. I'll repurchase if I can find it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by nymphesk

im 19 . with that tricky "dry oily" skin type . dry on top . oily inside . so im strictly looking for a moisturizer that does the job . moisturize enough but won't break me out . the reason i never used moisturizers prior to my skin getting clear was because my skin would break out . so i just avoided the pain all together . whats a couple of wrinkles as i get older ehh ?

so ever since my face got clear . i could finally pay attention to something other than zit zapping creams . so now . my interest in moisturizers has increased ten fold . so onto the product !!

this is very watery . but i like that !! it's 20 bucks for 4 fl oz . and a pea size spreads ALL over your face . so some might feel it is overpriced . HOWEVER . with thicker moisturizers i feel myself slabbing more on because it won't spread to the rest of my face . hence the larger bottles . plus . talk about portability . i don't know when i'll ever carry a moisturizer on hand . lol . but i guess it's a good thing to keep in mind !!

as for being a moisturizer . it's great for where im @ right now . which is . just wanting to use a moisturizer for the sake of using a moisturizer . it's got spf in it . and from what i hear . spf breaks people out . but it has yet to break me out .

i wash my face . then some astringent . put this on . and no tightness . and even though my face FEELS moisturized .i put on my every day minerals and i can see the dry patches . so . im now in search for something that REALLY moisturizes minus the breakouts . however i think this was a really great start to my quest on finding the perfect moisturizer .

last minute notes . it says it's fragrance free , non-comedogenic, non acne-genic and not tested on animals

HOWEVER . i think it has a fragrance . it doesn't bother me . but i can definitely see how it could bother someone else . it's just smells like a hint of sunscreen and . . . lotion-y . very PLAIN smelling . which is actually quite crappy . ahaha

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by candyxmandie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Although it does make my skin kinda shiny and breaks me out on my t-zone, it does quite a good job of moisturizing everywhere else. Its also nice not having harsh chemicals on my face.

When used sparilngly and in the right areas it works wonders

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

This product is quite expensive for the amount you get ($20 for 4oz bottle)! o.O It seems to do it's job of keeping my face moisturized; however, I do not think I'll be repurchasing it.

Edit: 9/11/09: I think this line is a sure keeper in moisturizer for me. Keeps my skin matte and hydrated. Will repurchase because you get a lot for your money if you compare to the higher brand name items.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As much as I love C.O. Bigelow, this product was a little too water-y for me. Oddly enough, it's not oily. My skin did benefit from it in that it felt moisturized afterwards and it does have the SPF 15 in some versions (although a higher SPF would be more appealing). The smell is pretty fresh and clean, but almost too odorless - like there was no substance to the product (even though I know that's not true...). A little goes a long way and the bottle does last forever, I just didn't notice anything above and beyond your average moisturizer with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by agdeierl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not worth the price. I love the light, herb-y smell, but it's way too moisturizing. My normally oily skin was going through a weird, dry spell, so I bought the "Incredibely Moisurizing Face Cream", also by C.O. Bigelow. It did the trick! Then I decided I would soon need a less moisturizing product that also had SPF in it for daytime, so I got this one. It made my skin greasy! It was more moisturizing than the heavy face cream! Only it was more oily/greasy than moisturizing! Don't waste your whopping 20 bucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by tygerlyly311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this moisturizer! It has a very light scent of chamomile, and it makes my skin baby soft. It doesn't make my acne-prone skin break out at all, and it's a great base for my foundation. I just found the trial sizes at the C.O. Bigelow store for $10 for four, and I stocked up! Definitely try to get this at Bath and Body Works whenever it goes on sale, because it is expensive...but I think it's really worth it.