September 19, 2014 | 908 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by LilyMazi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay . I've been a regular visitor of MakeupAlley but never wrote a review.
For me, this is the only product that if I ran out of ,there is nothing out there to replace it !
There are a lot of primers out there but none do the job in terms of minimizing the pores without clogging them.This gives me an absolutely beautiful finished look and I never put foundation on,just a little powder on my under eye dark circles and that's it .
My friends told me once that it gives me an angelic innocent look !!
It stays on the whole day,just needs a touch of powder on my nose and chin during hot summer days and it absolutely diminishes the appearance of facial pores.
The only negative thing about this product is the price of course , but compared to other Estee Lauder products,this is worthy of its price .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really enjoying this product! I was scared to death to try it because of my acne prone oily skin that reacts to most everything. This product did exactly what it promised for me! It instantly minimizes my pores, makes my skin texture better, and is just great! I use it under my foundation primer. I will definitely continue to purchase this! I do wish it wasn't so pricey, but I have learned that investing in great products for my skin is really important.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by bshaurette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally avoid primers - I know about their benefits, but most clog my pores and cause breakouts.

But this Estee Lauder pore minimizer has worked out really well for me. I haven't been using it long enough to tell if there are going to be any long-term improvements, but I'm so happy with the day-to-day effects that it hardly matters.

I put on a little in the morning, concentrating on my cheeks and chin (where my pores look th largest). Once it's had a few minutes to dry/set, my pores vanish and the surface of my skin looks nearly flawless. Some days I can use a little of this and maybe a smidge of another primer for some subtle color correction, and that's it - I can skip foundation altogether.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Breaks me out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

First of all - to the reviewer who claims this is "non-acnegenic", "non-comedogenic", "doesn't clog pores" and even "hypoallergenic" are all unregulated marketing terms. There is no concise scientific data/studies nor lists that determine what individual ingredient will be acne-causing for one person versus another- and a lot of the ingredients in this serum (including fragrance, plant extracts) can be highly irritating, sensitizing and most definitely cause inflammation or acne and clogged pores. There is no governing body that decides who can and who can't label their products as such, any company can write this term on any product they want to. Even tubs of Vaseline, Shea butter and coconut oil say "non-comedogenic" and many can't use it on their face due to breakouts or clogging. ELF Studio Finish Flawless Foundation says "oil-free" on the label and yet contains mineral oil near the top of the list. Pretty much every product on the market nowadays will have these terms because it makes the consumer feel safe using it. I'm sure everyone on MUA has used a product with these labels, and then suffered a breakout or allergic reaction. It's best to keep a list of ingredients you have noticed clogged your pores or caused reactions and compare them to new products to prevent a repeat. I don't think it's fair to say reviewers didn't have reactions just because EL said they wouldn't.

Apologies for the rant - my review:

This is a silicone-based antioxidant serum with some skin-brightening ingredients that claims to "reduce the LOOK of pores in four weeks".

I use this mostly in place of a primer in the mornings because of the silicone texture, which makes a nice, smooth base for foundation or BB cream. It helps to blur imperfections a bit (much like primers made with silicone!) and definitely makes my make-up last longer too. It makes your skin feel super soft and I have to try and not touch my skin 10 times a day when I wear this!

As far as the effects on my skin - my skin does look brighter, more glow-y. No difference in pores at all. Skin feels soft to the touch. Maybe it's protecting my skin with the antioxidants, but I can't measure that activity from my home. I do feel it has mostly instant results typical of anything silicone-based: smoother skin with a refined texture, pore size appears reduced till you wash it off and imperfections blurred.

What I hate about this serum is the strong, cloying fragrance. I think it smells really nice actually but it is way too strong for skincare. If my skin is feeling drier this burns when applied and makes my skin sting and turn red. But when my skin is more on the oily side it seems to tolerate this serum fine. I wouldn't repurchase because having used this for over 2 years now (both the Illuminating and regular versions) I think there are far better serums on the market for way less, but this was nice while my bottle lasted.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

The absolute only selling point to this product is that it makes my skin really soft creating a nice surface to apply foundation/bb cream to. Other then that it doesn't really do much for the pores - there was no minimising of any kind. This gel acted more like a primer for me albeit an expensive primer! Although a small amount does go a long way.

Do not purchase if you are actually wanting something to minimise pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

Not sure quite yet about this product.

I'm a fan of EL, complete convert but I can't really see a massive difference to my pores or complexion when I apply this. Granted, it makes your skin really really soft and velvety, but it's not "visible".

It definitely helps with dry patches and whatnot. I use it after moisturising and before Estee Lauder Matte Primer, and I do have to say, it helps make up (again, I use EL Double Wear Light) go on LIKE. A. DREAM. It's almost as if it's floating on a poreless surface. It definitely helps make up not sinking into the pores, sliding off or looking like a greasy frying pan -for people with oily shiny skin-.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mimimichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on a mission to find a bb cream for my uber oily skin. ALL of them were so heavy, my oil production would make it lift and crack. (It was not pretty). While asking a SR about Lancome Tient Idol the rep said her daughter (with similar problems) uses this serum as a moisturizer! And despite ALL my research, I never heard of using a serum that way. Well, she was right. You can feel right away that it goes on silky and feels like it sucks up all the excess oil immediately. Smells fruity & wonderful - which I love. Other people may not enjoy. I use this every morning after I shower and it has helped prevent my skin from breaking out AND help keep the oil away mostly the whole day (which was more than anything else I used). It helped my skin so much while using it, that when I did run out, finally (it took over 5 months to finish the small jar), I broke out - something FIERCE! Needless to say I went running back to pick some up! Now, I cannot live without. My ONLY issue is the price. It's a splurge for me (-1 lippie). But it's so worth it.

Good Luck finding the right product for you. It was a long road for me to find what worked for me. I went through so many different products before I found this & now I cannot live without. You should also know that as my quest for 'perfect matte skin' continues. But currently & for some time I have been using the EL Idealist PM in the am, MyPrime Mattifying Moisturizer (only if I need extra moisture, usually in the winter), Benefit Stay Flawless 15 hour Primer (stick form), and Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. I RARELY need to touch up. (I used to touch up within less than 4 hours with everything else). I love everything about the regime right now. Hope it helps you finding your own.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by lalaapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh dear.
I wanted this to work so much but it really doesn't. My pores did not become smaller because of this, at all. After this failed to impress me, I decided to try out Etude House's Wonder Pore Freshner (a toner) and THAT, which is considerably cheaper than this product, helped to reduce my pore size albeit not drastically.