Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/14/2015 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Terrible.
Initially when i started using it, it did do wonders shrinking my pores, making my skin smoother, less oily.

however, a week down, i started to breakout. and i've never had acne problems. always good skin. so imagine my horror when i started having pimples upon pimples breaking out and my pores became really congested.

Since then, skin has been really sensitive and oily.

on 3/18/2015 9:14:00 AM

For what it costs and what it promises this product has done absolutely nothing for me. I`ve gone through a whole bottle without seeing any signs of improvement. It didn`t shrink my pores one bit, didn`t moisturize (though I guess this isn`t really the point of this), didn`t do jack. Now I use Vichy`s Normaderm Pore Refining Essence and at a fraction of the price this drugstore serum is working way better than this over priced perfumed junk from Estee Lauder. If I could give it zero lippies I totally would.

on 3/18/2015 4:39:00 AM

I've been using this product every morning after my usual serum and before moisturizer. It seemed it worked at the beginning, diminishing my pores on my nose, cheeks and forehead, and softening my skin. Its smell is wonderful, like limoncello and Tuscany flavours. It spreads well and absorbs fast. Its price is high. I've used like 4-6 bottles of this for 3 years. However, for the last year I've realized it stopped working the way it was, as my skin got used to, and it even over-reacted to it; I mean, it looks it is damaging my skin now, as I see more pores and pimples. I've diminished the quantity of product used, applying it only on "pore-prone areas", like lower forehead and the sides of my nose, but I feel is even breaking me out, as I always have pimples and visible pores. As I read here and from my experience, its chronic use may be counterproductive, as it could promote break-outs. I'll have to look for another anti-pore serum, or better, just move to more clinical, expensive but efficient treatments at the doctor's office, like chemical peels or light techniques, to minimize pores and improve the overall quality of the skin. I won't repurchase again.

on 3/11/2015 1:58:00 PM

I have used Estee Lauder Idealist for 15 years and I am always told that I have pretty skin and people assume my age to be much younger. My experience with it has been good, as long as Estee Lauder doesn't change the formula. It smells nice, not strong. Just light and pleasant and you cannot smell it once you apply it to your face. It seems to smooth out my complexion and makeup seems to look better. The overall effect is a slight tightening to the skin or so it seems in my case. It is not cheap, about $55 for a 1 ounce bottle but you do not need to apply much. Just about a very small amount and it goes a long way. One bottle using the dime sized amount everyday usually lasts me about 2 months. I have repurchased it many times over the years. I like it and always seem to get compliments when I am wearing it under my makeup. So I have to say I personally have had a good experience with this particular product. It may not be for everyone but it does work for me.

on 11/1/2014 8:02:00 PM

I love Estée Lauder products, I've been using estee foundation, pressed powder, bronzer, blush, concealer, eye liner and mascara for years. If it is make up you are after you cant go wrong with estee, the quality is excellent, products last a long time, never need touching up, even on my extremely oily skin. But estee skin care products are a joke. And this product is the biggest joke of all. it does absolutely nothing for me other than to make my skin feel Matt (not look Matt, feel Matt). My skin looks exactly the same with or without his product whether I have make up on or not. At this price will not be repurchasing.

on 10/27/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Decent serum that fills pores and makes them appear smaller. I like the mattifying action of this serum. I generally don't buy into claims about making pores physically smaller. This doesn't do that, but it makes them APPEAR smaller. After using this for a while my skin felt smoother and looked better. I like Estee Lauder's products as they usually include a lot of good cell communicating ingredients, and their serums are really good.

on 9/17/2014 7:06:00 PM

Love this product

on 8/17/2014 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Okay . I've been a regular visitor of MakeupAlley but never wrote a review.
For me, this is the only product that if I ran out of ,there is nothing out there to replace it !
There are a lot of primers out there but none do the job in terms of minimizing the pores without clogging them.This gives me an absolutely beautiful finished look and I never put foundation on,just a little powder on my under eye dark circles and that's it .
My friends told me once that it gives me an angelic innocent look !!
It stays on the whole day,just needs a touch of powder on my nose and chin during hot summer days and it absolutely diminishes the appearance of facial pores.
The only negative thing about this product is the price of course , but compared to other Estee Lauder products,this is worthy of its price .

on 4/28/2014 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am really enjoying this product! I was scared to death to try it because of my acne prone oily skin that reacts to most everything. This product did exactly what it promised for me! It instantly minimizes my pores, makes my skin texture better, and is just great! I use it under my foundation primer. I will definitely continue to purchase this! I do wish it wasn't so pricey, but I have learned that investing in great products for my skin is really important.

on 4/27/2014 3:16:00 PM

I generally avoid primers - I know about their benefits, but most clog my pores and cause breakouts.

But this Estee Lauder pore minimizer has worked out really well for me. I haven't been using it long enough to tell if there are going to be any long-term improvements, but I'm so happy with the day-to-day effects that it hardly matters.

I put on a little in the morning, concentrating on my cheeks and chin (where my pores look th largest). Once it's had a few minutes to dry/set, my pores vanish and the surface of my skin looks nearly flawless. Some days I can use a little of this and maybe a smidge of another primer for some subtle color correction, and that's it - I can skip foundation altogether.

Popular Treatments (Face)