October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 15 for Dry Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colors run light, which is great for very fair skin that usually is too light for most foundation ranges. 01 Fresh Ivory is my match and has a milky peach undertone that looks bright and very natural on my skin. Oxidises only a tiny bit, hardly at all which is ahmaazing as most foundations oxidise on me. If you think its a bit too light for you maybe wait an hour or so and it may just darken up enough to be perfect for you.

Coverage is light but can be built up to medium, doesn't cake, and has a glowy not glittery finish. I have oily skin but I prefer this formula over the others as it gives the most natural finish to someone over 40! ie doesn't go into wrinkles as long as you avoid putting barely any over very deep ones. Like that marionette smile wrinkle that sits looking like a long dimple area but is a wrinkle when you smile, the foundation cracks into a line there if I put too thick there.

My only 2 complaints is

1. Doesn't have a pump

2. Recent Animal Testing.

After not testing on animals since the 1980's, it seems Revlon started sneakily testing on animals sneakily between 2011 - 2013, because that is when Revlon was selling in the China market, which requires animal testing of all non-China brands before they are given permission to be sold there. Such an unpleasant rule - I hope China changes their mind about this - after all its not about safety considering they don't require products manufactured inside China to be animal tested. But hope is alive, according to Wikipedia, Revlon announced they are leaving the China market in December 2013 as it was not selling well there? (China reached only 2 percent portion of net sales of Revlon's international operations)

I hope for clarification Revlon will re-affirm their absolute commitment to absolutely NO animal testing so I can go back to buying Revlon as well as their other brands:
Almay, Sinful Colors, Mitchum, Gatineau skincare.

By absolutely, I mean not testing on animals of all raw ingredients, their suppliers - and - including NOT asking other people to perform animal test on their behalf (outsourcing). I really hope this is clarified and I can go back to Revlon as it was one of the few major brands that still don't test.

Companies that DO test are: L'oreal, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Procter and Gamble, Coty. See www.leapingbunny.org

The safe major brands that remain for me as non-testers I will happily purchase are:
Wet n Wild, Physicians Formula, Too Faced and The Balm. These 4 brands are going to get more money from me from now on, OK!

Avon and MAC was not testing up till recently also I understand they are selling in China now, so they would be animal testers there now. Hope they come back in from the cold as I loved MAC, Avon and my Avon ladies :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by ladedadeda

I bought this foundation in 002 bare buff a couple of days ago and I am very disappointed.

I have combination, acne prone skin and I use retrieve retin A cream for my acne which causes my skin to be quite dry and flake on the surface.

I bought this because i thought the anti aging formulation would be designed not to sink into lines and wrinkles, so it would smooth over blemishes better. I also thought that, being for dry skin it wouldn't cling to the dry skin I have on the surface of my face, despite exfoliating each morning.

Upon application I found that:
- This foundation provides quite sheer coverage, I could see that my skin looked better without looking caked in makeup, I used it over concealer on blemishes which worked well.
- It was relatively easy to apply and blendable.
- It was a very good match for my skin.

Within an hour of application I found that:
- The foundation no longer provided any coverage, it looked as though it had just been absorbed by my dry skin and I just had flakes of foundation saturated skin stuck to my face. This is all despite exfoliating and moisturising before hand.

I am very disappointed as I have never had this problem with my colorstay foundation, will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by justloz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mum originally bought this for herself but accidentally bought one that was too light so passed it on to me. I have the 04 Nude Beige shade and it is one shade too dark for me so it is not the best for my pale skin. Honestly, I just don't like this foundation as the texture just feels off and it doesn't really blend too well with my concealer. In the heat it seems to just melt right off my face. The coverage is quite useless and it didn't conceal and blemishes or even any redness whatsoever. The packaging is just terrible and I have to actually stick my finger in the bottle to get any out without spilling it everywhere! Honestly Revlon, is it that hard to invest in a pump?
Overall, I just don't like this makeup at all and I will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by trishag07

This is by far the best foundation for my skin! I take care if my skin extremely well and hardly ever breakout. In order for this foundation. to blend well, your skin has to be moisturized. I always get compliments of how great my skin looks. This foundation is light so if you have many imperfections its not for you. I wear the medium beige shade even though I'm fairly light. it blends well on my skin and doesn't create fine lines! This beats my Chanel foundation hands down. I wasted 60 bucks for the Chanel foundation in which I only use a tiny amount to cover one little blemish:/ Give this a try! Make sure you wear a great moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by renners

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation that I always have in the cabinet to use when other products fail. Super moisturising for dry skin, doesnt look cakey or settle into lines, gives a really nicey dewey finish. The light shades are REALLY light so even with my fair skin I usually use the 05 shade.

The only reason I use foundations other than this is sometimes I need more coverage to deal with my redness issues, however if I didnt have them I would use only this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I got these on clearance for 75% off at Rite Aid. I got 2 shades, Honey Beige and Golden Beige. I've been using the Golden Beige. So my experience comes off just having finished the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation which I had loved. Wow, could these 2 products be more different? This product is so much more "wet" than the whipped foundation. Don't use this if you have oily skin. I have combination skin and I feel like this one makes me look very dewy. But in the winter time I don't mind looking dewy. I probably can't use these foundations in the summer time. It is a good color match for me. The coverage was light and the formula is really runny. If you don't use a good primer I think you'd be in danger of getting a streaky look. I don't really feel like this is what I am used to in a foundation and it seems more like a tinted moisturizer. So don't buy this expecting coverage. With that said... I would actually buy this product again. I don't feel that it broke me out and it is perfect to use when my skin doesn't need to hide much. If I want a flawless look I'll use a different foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this, but it was the wrong skin type and color for her (She has golden and combination-oily skin.) So she gave this to me because I have dry skin. It just barely fits my color (I could go much lighter). Anyway, it does match well to my skin color and I wore it to school today and now, it's 9 PM and it's still on and hasn't oxidized!! Yay! It's extremely easy to blend and has a very nice coverage and satin finish. I will totally buy this again! The only thing that would make this product better would be if it had a pump. Nevertheless, a great product for those with normal to dry skin. (Plus, even though I'm dry, I'm acne-prone, and this covers my acne so well!!!)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

I decided to try this because I have been looking for a foundation that does not settle into the lines around my eyes, making them appear worse. This foundation is very good for that problem, it's dewy and applies smoothly. However, it breaks me out terribly each time I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Xusha2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really really didn't like this foundation. This is probably the first foundation I didn't even finish before throwing out and I didn't like it from the moment I first used it. The bottle doesn't have a pump or anything so it's messy to use and the consistency is quite liquidy too. It dried really quickly so it was hard to build up and it seemed to sink into my skin badly, so it was difficult to work with. The shade I had also seemed a little bit orangey pink to me, so it didn't match my skin as well as I thought it would. It had a weird heavy smell to it too, and I don't like using scented foundations on my skin because they contrast with my perfume and make me feel sick. Admittedly I have pretty good skin, it's not oily or dry, but this foundation made me really oily and it made my pores get bigger too. I will definitely never buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by TraceyF1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really surprised when I came here and found that the reviews for this foundation were not that great. I love this stuff! When I opened it for the first time I really thought I had bought another foundation disaster because it was soooo runny but in this case looks were deceiving. I applied it with a foundation brush and mostly patted it on, I think this makes a huge difference in the application. The coverage is great and it is not at all thick or cakey but most importantly...IT DOES NOT OXIDIZE...cue the hallelujah choir folks!!!! The one minor issue I had was that it made me look a little overly dewy but I easily solved that problem with a favorite translucent powder.