Becca Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica.

on 4/17/2015 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

this looks beautiful especially when it warm out and the sun is beaming on your face. i have gotten so many compliments when i wear this and has become part of my daily routine. the only problem i have with this is that when you wear it over foundation it tends to make the foundation fade away faster which is probably why the compact powder version of this would probably work better over foundation so it is better worn underneath foundation which means it wouldnt really work for those who wear full coverage foundations but then again that is just my opinion

on 4/13/2015 10:10:00 AM

If you want to try this highlighter but don't want to fork over the cash, there is a smaller size for $19. Still kind of pricey, but there is a HUGE amount in there for how little you have to use daily, and it's a squeeze tube rather than a pump. I mention this because the pump bottle definitely dispenses way too much product.

Anyway, this is my favorite liquid highlighter. The Opal shade is a versatile shimmery peachy champagne that works with both warm and cool-toned makeup. I find it to be easy to use, pigmented, and long lasting (it does last longer over a base vs. bare skin though). It's subtle enough to not be a glitter bomb, but still noticeable yet not "makeup-y." It totally makes a difference on how good I look on any given day -- it just adds that extra pop of glow, and it's indispensable when I don't feel like doing a full face of makeup, which is most days lately.

on 4/11/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a small bottle of this to try since I love highlighters and this got so much hype. It's gorgeous but its overhyped. There are very similar ones to this like Revlon's bare Skin Illuminator. It's the same thing.

Its a peachy champagne color and I think this would be more flattering on warm skin rather than my cool fair skin. I like the pink highlighters much more.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This stuff is the bomb. If you're dry skinned and dewy skin is your goal, this will bring tears of joy to your eyes. If you use this on the tops of your cheekbones and to highlight through the center of your face, you'll look like a dewy goddess. I do not know how I lived without this before. I am currently using up my small sample size, and seriously, I use a drop probably a quarter the size of a penny every day for my highlight. It's honestly incredible. I will be buying the full size when I run out, but after sampling the full size in store, I believe that the pump may dispense too much product. I will have to evaluate further. However, for the product itself, I will probably be purchasing this until the day that I die.

on 2/24/2015 1:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

How did I live without this product before???

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is the bomb and each time I wear it, I get compliments on it :) I have it in the color Opal.

What is it?

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is a shimmering tinted moisturizer that gives radiance and glow.

How to use it?

You could technically use it all over your face or mixed in with your foundation. Yet being shimmery all over ain’t that much my thing. Much better to use it as an highlighter: on top of cheek bones & below brows. It really gives a healthy glow without making you look frosty. The texture is really light which makes it look natural while catching the light where it needs to.
I also loooooove it as a “lipstick”. That’s when I get the most comments actually, when I apply it on my lips. Only the tiniest amount is needed, one bottle goes a long way.

Hope this review was helpful :)
With style,

x M
www.marilicious.com

on 2/5/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely gorgeous product! It doesn't have any glitter, it's a glowing peachy nude shade. It just makes me look so healthy and happy. It literally gives you that lit from within glow. I'm in love and will be repurchasing it

on 1/12/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the product to use to achieve the Jennifer Lopez glow. I picked up the small tube of this in the checkout line at Sephora, since the large bottle is so much more product than I need. Opal is a peachy champagne liquid highlighter. The shimmer isn't glittery or over the top; it's very subtle and this can be built up to achieve the look you want. You can mix it into foundation, or dab some on the tops of cheekbones, brow bones, and above the cupid's bow. However you use it, the result is the same: a stunning angelic glow. I'm very tanned (Armani LSF in 8, around NW33-35) and this looks natural on me; lighter skin tones should try Moonstone or Pearl if this shows up too dark or peachy (anyone who isn't getting a highlight from this isn't using a light enough shade).

on 1/8/2015 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love love LOVE this product. I have used several highlighters (What's UP!, Revlon, Smashbox just to name a few) and this gets me the closest to looking like I'm sitting by candlelight as I can possibly get.
If I REALLY want to amp it up, I apply Mary LouManizer on the bottom and dab Opal on top. It photographs sooo beautifully.
The only thing I'd change is the packaging as it's impossible to control how much comes out and you end up wasting too much product....you only need the tiniest amount.
For reference, I have Opal and Moonstone and I'm NC45. I can wear either but prefer Opal as it's warmer then Moonstone..

on 1/4/2015 3:36:00 PM

I purchased the Becca "Glow to Go" pack which comes with 3 mini liquid highlighters in Pearl, Opal & Champagne gold. I do love the colors but when I applied it to my skin I barely saw the highlighter, unless I build it on. My skin shade is Mac NC40 or NARS Barcelona and the highlighter barely showed, because the consistency is pretty watery and my skin just absorbed the product. Furthermore, when I apply my blush and then the highlighter on my cheek bones my blush seemed like it was fading away due to the watery based finish. Even when I apply the highlighter to my brow bone it was fading away my eyeshadow! I love the colors but overall I don't like the consistency and it is not as vibrant as I want it. I will still use the product maybe for a subtle less make up look with no blush & it would probably be great for summer. Overall I won't buy the shimmering skin finish, next time I will get the pressed powder in Moonshine.

on 12/22/2014 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the best highlighter I've tried thus far. It's beautiful, versatile, and lasts forever - a little goes a long way. I've been using a deluxe sample of it for over a year now (oops?) and it's still kicking. I typically pat it onto the tops of my cheekbones, nose, and cupids bow with my fingers, but it also looks great when mixed with moisturizer and worn under foundation. The resulting look is perfectly glowy in all the right places. Opal is a nice warm peachy-gold shade, though I'm thinking of trying one of the others once I/if I ever manage to finish my current sample. Highly recommended!