Becca Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the travel size which is $19 at Ulta. This is definitely a holy grail product, and I wouldn't go a day without it. I'm tan, NC42 for reference, and opal is the perfect shade. Everyone has different perspectives.. and preferences.The right amount of shine, glow, and it's not so glittery. I gave a 5 for the packaging because it's a tube. When you use a pump, that's wasting product.. considering with this, you only need a penny size to dab on the areas of the face you would normally highlight.

Recently purchased this item from Ulta and I love it! Its a versatile product that you can apply to the high points of your face after your foundation routine or mix it into your foundation for a dewy look.

Its quite expensive but it's AMAZING! The pump is a little finicky so its a bit difficult to squeeze out the amount that you want, which wastes a bit of product. I have opal but I'm definitely going to get moonstone too!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been dying to try Becca's highlighters for a while, but $38 was too much to drop on something I wasn't sure of. When I saw a mini pack of both the cream and powder form of Opal for $20, I jumped at it.

This is a beautiful highlighter.... if you have medium or darker skin. I am very fair, so while this is gorgeous, it's almost impossible to see on me unless I'm in the right light. I plan on trying Moonstone and Pearl when I can, since I've heard those are better for girls like me.

That being said, the cream form is a much more subtle highlight, even when layered on. If you want a more intense highlight, definitely go for the powder version.

This was not the color for me, but if it works on your skin, go for it!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have said it before, Becca is the brand for the Australian girl. It is just the epitome of Australian beauty ideals: glowy and bronzed. I have the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Champagne with has now been discontinued and I decided to buy Opal to use as a primer when I am a bit paler. So during months when I am less tan I use the Opal as a primer under my makeup. It gives such a luminous finish to the skin when concentrated on areas that won't be powdered. The product itself is a very moisturising primer, with a glow. It is shimmery/glowy and not glittery. Opal is a soft pale pink mixed with gold. It is a lot darker than Moonstone, but is lighter and more pale pink than Champagne.

The price in Australia is high, not going to lie. It is expensive, but you get so much product (and if you buy from RY.com.au you'll get it cheaper or sometimes can get 10% off at Adore Beauty). However you get so much product. If you use it every day all over your face like me then no it won't last forever. But if you use it only as a highlighter on the tops of your cheek then it will last you forever.

The packaging is nice, you can see the colour through the bottle. However it is plastic, and would be nicer if it was a glass bottler. But the plastic is easier for travelling so I suppose it isn't too bad! Overall I love it and its "holy grail" hahaa.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really like this highlighter it's subtle and natural looking, easily one of the best I've tried. Doesn't look like a glittery sparkly mess on my face altho it can cross the line into oily territory if I get too heavy handed with it. I prefer the liquid version (feel that it looks more natural) but I also like the powder. Opal color is my favorite as its more flesh toned than the usual pearly white or bronzy tan that can tend to look like makeup on the skin instead of a glow. A tiny drop is all I need for both cheekbones and use the powder version to highlight eyes. Me likely :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased the Opal Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured formula (cream version).
This is a cream higlighter which is supposed to give you that summer goddess shine. It is very pricey for a highlighter $38. This is my first purchase from Becca. This cost more than my foundation but it IS a high end product. I gave it 4 out of 5 because I noticed the Poured or cream version is only about 5 grams and the Pressed (powder) version is about 8 and they are priced the same. So you get less product.
I purchased this about a month ago. I have used it about every day, you only need literally a few swipes, thats it!
That being said, I swatched the powder and poured version on my hand and I felt like I had to use MORE of the pressed powder to get the same richness as one swatch of the poured. A little goes a LONG way and unlike most highlighters that can leave you looking somewhat washed out or ashy especially if you are brown skinned as I am, this doesn't do that. It has a natural glow that I've never experienced with any highlighter. I even wear less foundation sometimes and this.
I use a liquid foundation and I apply this after my foundation. I use my fingertip and swipe it across my cheekbones and blend, down the center of my nose to give a highlight. This stuff lasts a long time, I can see it after a 13 hr shift (commute time taken into consideration). I think the powder version might be easier if you are using say a setting powder (which I do) and it covers some of that higlight you can just do another swipe of highlighter. I do it anyway with the poured but it would work better if it were pressed.

They do make a liquid form also which you can mix with your foundation but I wouldn't recommend that for combo/oily skin types.

Effect: Its a natural shimmery finish that doesn't look shiny or oily or greasy like Benefits Watts up at least on my brown skin. Looks natural in photos and a little goes a long way. If you are not sure which to buy next time I will probably get the powder.

But that Price Though!!!!: It is on the pricey side and as to whether its worth $38? Well...if you are even considering it chances are you Maybe/kinda can afford it. The best higlighters I've had are kind of pricey (Benefits is around 20 I think and not worth it) this is higher than most but the pigmentation is amazing, the finish and lasting power and natural finish speak for itself for colors that can complement even the deepest skintones. And it doesn't leave my skin greasy looking in person or photos. Nor did I experience any oxidation. Opal is the only color I have used.

Do I WANT to pay $38 for a highlighter? No one does. But is it worth it? In my opinion, if you cannot go without a highligter this will pay off in the long run. I'm not going to go out and try to replace this one because it lives up to the claims and lasts for hours. I'm not going to knock it down a star just because I WISHED it was cheaper and am really mad that it isn't. If it was, the quality might suck.

I had an allergic reaction to this product. I swatched it on my arm in the store, decided I liked it and bought it. Well when I got home I discovered that my arm was broken out in a red bumpy rash around the area where I did the swatch. At first I thought maybe something was wrong with the tester at the store. So, I put a little from the bottle I bought on the side of my hand, and I got the same rash on my hand. I can't imagine what might have happened if I put it on my face. I'm sure this doesn't happen to many people, but for me it did... so I suggest testing it ahead of time before buying it just to be safe.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Took a while to come around, but yes yes yes.

Ignored a large sample of this from Sephora, thinking I didn't want to look like a halogen lamp. Mixing a teeny dab with my BB or foundation, however, was the trick.

I use the peachy Opal shade in the summer, and the Pearl shade in the winter. I mix a lemon pip-sized amount with my BB or foundation for a very subtle glow. Very. Subtle. It illuminates without turning me into a glittering teenage vampire caught out in the sun. Went wild last week and used it full-strength as a highlighter on a night out. Looked great.

Considering how long a full-size version lasts, and how effectively it helps me pretend I'm well-rested and healthy, this is excellent value for money.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Bought and returned it after a week. VERY expensive for a product that made no difference on my skin. Some people it looks lovely on, but it didn't show up on my skin at all. No thanks! Much better priced liquid highlights/illuminator out there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

this looks beautiful especially when it warm out and the sun is beaming on your face. i have gotten so many compliments when i wear this and has become part of my daily routine. the only problem i have with this is that when you wear it over foundation it tends to make the foundation fade away faster which is probably why the compact powder version of this would probably work better over foundation so it is better worn underneath foundation which means it wouldnt really work for those who wear full coverage foundations but then again that is just my opinion