November 24, 2014 | 1989 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cruely ironic: fifteen or so years ago my only goal in life was to have matte skin. Now, a little older and not any wiser, I've become obsessed with having dewy, glowy skin with rosy cheeks, starting with the Guerlain balls hype.

Becca: I swatched forever at the store and loved all the colors, but on my NC25ish, yellow undertoned skin Opal looked the most natural. Rose gold would be beautiful on the cheeks (IMO too pink to use it all over) - I may invest in that one day too. The pressed powder was soft and lovely, buildable, and if you had a good many of the colors and didn't mind looking super duper glowy, I could see contouring a little with them. Compared to the liquids, the compacts had slightly better pay off and wouldn't smear whatever you were dusting it over.

The price horrified me. For something that's a highlighter, this was super expensive, even if you get a ton. I agonized on getting the little sample size as I really had wanted a powder, but 12$ vs 38$ was so much more swallowable.

I really like the liquid; more than I thought I would. I mix it with my BB cream if going out in the pm for a very pretty glow, and dot it over my cheekbones everyday. I still use a little Benefit Highbeam - it is more silvery/white/pink and shimmery than Becca, which is a super subtle, sheer natural gold. Someday I may get the powder to see how they compare.

The gold glow is more intense of a pay off than Too Faced Candlelight, which I really like as a finishing powder all over. Together the effect is luminous and photographs really beautifully. (Overkill? Probably.)

Of note: Benefit has lasted forever, at something like 12mL for 30$, and the Becca small size is 15mL for 12$. Not bad!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the travel sized version of this from Sephora after swatching while I waited in line. So gorgeous and the $12 tube will last for ages. I use a tiny amount mixed in with my tinted moisturizer and get tons of compliments on my "glow". Love :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Memz888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful highlighter for olive or darker skin tones. I love the natural glow it gives my cheeks and a little really goes a long way. I have given 2 for value as I think the packaging could be better for such an expensive product. Really enjoying using this though - I will repurchase when this runs out ( which I'm not expecting in the foreseeable future !!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the pressed powder form in Opal. Absolutely gorgeous. Lovely luminous glow and sheen. You can go overboard with this product so I would try to go light handed as possible. The color is a light pink/rose color that shines..but not like a disco ball. Just a great highlighter for the cheeks. I totally rec' this product. I bought Moonstone as well. Both are great highlighters..moonstone is more yellow tinted and opal is more pink tinted. Def worth getting. Beautiful highlighters.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard lisa eldridge rave about this, so i was excited when i received a deluxe sample. I like it, i gives you a nice glow. Really makes you look youthful and fresh faced. I feel like moonstone would be a better shade for my skin, but this one works okay. One complaint i have about this product is that the full size is huge! I think it would expire before you could use all of it. They could have made it half the size, at a more affordable $20, and it would still last you a really long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MES

At first I didn't like this, I tried it a couple times and tossed it in my drawer. I recently changed foundations and the new one isn't as luminous as the previous. My face looked a bit dull, so I decided to give this another shot. I put a dab of this on each cheek bone over blush and it looked wonderful. It's a nice believable glow, just enough to make the cheek bones sand out without looking silly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by kslowko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this! I use this with a matte contouring powder to completely transform! Makes skin look dewy and radiant in all the right places. Only strike against is that the packaging sucks! Cannot control amount of product when pressing the pump! Other than that, this is one of the best cosmetic tricks in my bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. It is good for sensitive skin, it does not cause breakouts and it looks dewy and natural. Having a fake glow ( MAC STROBE LOTION) is seriously the worst look one can achieve. Becca skin perfector is truly beautiful and worth every penny.

A little drop goes a long way and the natural factor is shocking. It transforms your skin and gives it such a healthy glow, it becomes addictive to look in the mirror!

Becca is a new brand for me and as of now, I am completely enamored and eager to try more Becca products.

As far as the glow factor of this product, it isnt sparkling, shimmery in a disgusting way like Mac or most products. It is subtle as far as how natural looking it is yet BOOM IN YOUR FACE as far as how beautifully healthy your skin becomes.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It changed my skin completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great highlighter. It's not so in your face that you can't wear it in the day but the shimmer on it should not be underestimated! Do not over load on this stuff, which is extremely difficult as the pump releases so much product when you only need a fraction of what's come out. That is the one thing that is really annoying about the product, this isn't cheap! It's around £30 in the UK, and to be wasting product because of the pump is not cool! This highlighter is however a really beautiful, subtle product which really gives you that glowing pick me up you need in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by shoeaddict666

i LOVE this product. only reason i marked down for packaging is because the amount that comes out in one pump is way too much for a faceful so takes a few goes to get it right and not waste lots. This is a realy really fine smooth non-runny liquid with beautiful consistency. it's really easy to apply, doesn't mess up any make-up you have underneath and stays put for quite some time. not tacky and sparkly, just lovely sheeny and glowy. i'm olive and this is a little too pale for me to wear as a full face of make-up so i either mix it with moisturiser (rare as my skin is a spotty mess) mix a bit with foundation or use it over normal make up down my nose, on cheekbones, cupid's bow, forehead and in summer or at night, across collarbone, it's just lovely. i don't find it greasy or oily and it doesn't make me spotty. i have a darker colour too for when i have a tan but use this one every day. I have had the same tube for two years now so its' definitely value for money and a little goes a very very long way.