December 18, 2014 | 825 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in the minority, but this product did not work for me at all. It does not go on evenly on my dry skin and the shimmer is very obvious. Looks like I will stick with the Burberry Fresh Glow. I will not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this quite a while ago after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it. Even though I'm no Lisa Eldridge, I'm not terrible at applying my makeup, yet I have never liked the results when I've used this. When I use it as a highlighter, I feel like it just highlights my pores. When I mix it with foundation, or use it as a primer for foundation to get a dewy glow, I just look like my face is greasy in random places--no glow, no luminosity.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've actually become super obsessed with this highlighter. It's really rare for me to use a product every single day for a whole month straight. I found that the best way to apply this is by adding some of the product on a flat brush and then blending it. It doesn't disturb my blush it bronzer when I use this method.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cruely ironic: fifteen or so years ago my only goal in life was to have matte skin. Now, a little older and not any wiser, I've become obsessed with having dewy, glowy skin with rosy cheeks, starting with the Guerlain balls hype.

Becca: I swatched forever at the store and loved all the colors, but on my NC25ish, yellow undertoned skin Opal looked the most natural. Rose gold would be beautiful on the cheeks (IMO too pink to use it all over) - I may invest in that one day too. The pressed powder was soft and lovely, buildable, and if you had a good many of the colors and didn't mind looking super duper glowy, I could see contouring a little with them. Compared to the liquids, the compacts had slightly better pay off and wouldn't smear whatever you were dusting it over.

The price horrified me. For something that's a highlighter, this was super expensive, even if you get a ton. I agonized on getting the little sample size as I really had wanted a powder, but 12$ vs 38$ was so much more swallowable.

I really like the liquid; more than I thought I would. I mix it with my BB cream if going out in the pm for a very pretty glow, and dot it over my cheekbones everyday. I still use a little Benefit Highbeam - it is more silvery/white/pink and shimmery than Becca, which is a super subtle, sheer natural gold. Someday I may get the powder to see how they compare.

The gold glow is more intense of a pay off than Too Faced Candlelight, which I really like as a finishing powder all over. Together the effect is luminous and photographs really beautifully. (Overkill? Probably.)

Of note: Benefit has lasted forever, at something like 12mL for 30$, and the Becca small size is 15mL for 12$. Not bad!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the travel sized version of this from Sephora after swatching while I waited in line. So gorgeous and the $12 tube will last for ages. I use a tiny amount mixed in with my tinted moisturizer and get tons of compliments on my "glow". Love :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Memz888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful highlighter for olive or darker skin tones. I love the natural glow it gives my cheeks and a little really goes a long way. I have given 2 for value as I think the packaging could be better for such an expensive product. Really enjoying using this though - I will repurchase when this runs out ( which I'm not expecting in the foreseeable future !!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the pressed powder form in Opal. Absolutely gorgeous. Lovely luminous glow and sheen. You can go overboard with this product so I would try to go light handed as possible. The color is a light pink/rose color that shines..but not like a disco ball. Just a great highlighter for the cheeks. I totally rec' this product. I bought Moonstone as well. Both are great highlighters..moonstone is more yellow tinted and opal is more pink tinted. Def worth getting. Beautiful highlighters.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard lisa eldridge rave about this, so i was excited when i received a deluxe sample. I like it, i gives you a nice glow. Really makes you look youthful and fresh faced. I feel like moonstone would be a better shade for my skin, but this one works okay. One complaint i have about this product is that the full size is huge! I think it would expire before you could use all of it. They could have made it half the size, at a more affordable $20, and it would still last you a really long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MES

At first I didn't like this, I tried it a couple times and tossed it in my drawer. I recently changed foundations and the new one isn't as luminous as the previous. My face looked a bit dull, so I decided to give this another shot. I put a dab of this on each cheek bone over blush and it looked wonderful. It's a nice believable glow, just enough to make the cheek bones sand out without looking silly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by kslowko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this! I use this with a matte contouring powder to completely transform! Makes skin look dewy and radiant in all the right places. Only strike against is that the packaging sucks! Cannot control amount of product when pressing the pump! Other than that, this is one of the best cosmetic tricks in my bag!