April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MES

At first I didn't like this, I tried it a couple times and tossed it in my drawer. I recently changed foundations and the new one isn't as luminous as the previous. My face looked a bit dull, so I decided to give this another shot. I put a dab of this on each cheek bone over blush and it looked wonderful. It's a nice believable glow, just enough to make the cheek bones sand out without looking silly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by kslowko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this! I use this with a matte contouring powder to completely transform! Makes skin look dewy and radiant in all the right places. Only strike against is that the packaging sucks! Cannot control amount of product when pressing the pump! Other than that, this is one of the best cosmetic tricks in my bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. It is good for sensitive skin, it does not cause breakouts and it looks dewy and natural. Having a fake glow ( MAC STROBE LOTION) is seriously the worst look one can achieve. Becca skin perfector is truly beautiful and worth every penny.

A little drop goes a long way and the natural factor is shocking. It transforms your skin and gives it such a healthy glow, it becomes addictive to look in the mirror!

Becca is a new brand for me and as of now, I am completely enamored and eager to try more Becca products.

As far as the glow factor of this product, it isnt sparkling, shimmery in a disgusting way like Mac or most products. It is subtle as far as how natural looking it is yet BOOM IN YOUR FACE as far as how beautifully healthy your skin becomes.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It changed my skin completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great highlighter. It's not so in your face that you can't wear it in the day but the shimmer on it should not be underestimated! Do not over load on this stuff, which is extremely difficult as the pump releases so much product when you only need a fraction of what's come out. That is the one thing that is really annoying about the product, this isn't cheap! It's around £30 in the UK, and to be wasting product because of the pump is not cool! This highlighter is however a really beautiful, subtle product which really gives you that glowing pick me up you need in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by shoeaddict666

i LOVE this product. only reason i marked down for packaging is because the amount that comes out in one pump is way too much for a faceful so takes a few goes to get it right and not waste lots. This is a realy really fine smooth non-runny liquid with beautiful consistency. it's really easy to apply, doesn't mess up any make-up you have underneath and stays put for quite some time. not tacky and sparkly, just lovely sheeny and glowy. i'm olive and this is a little too pale for me to wear as a full face of make-up so i either mix it with moisturiser (rare as my skin is a spotty mess) mix a bit with foundation or use it over normal make up down my nose, on cheekbones, cupid's bow, forehead and in summer or at night, across collarbone, it's just lovely. i don't find it greasy or oily and it doesn't make me spotty. i have a darker colour too for when i have a tan but use this one every day. I have had the same tube for two years now so its' definitely value for money and a little goes a very very long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Phuck

There is a huge difference between the formulas of the SSP liquid and powder. The liquid is very orange on my fair skin. However, the powder is a lovely peach light bronze with a strong gold sheen. So yay for the powder which can be a slight shimmer if you go lightly or a bright metallic with a heavy hand. If you have dark skin this would be fantastic all over but for very fair skin, this is better as a blush/bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

An absolutely beautiful product, with a multitude of uses. You can apply it to your skin under your foundation for a subtle glow, mix it in to your foundation for added luminosity (a favorite thing of mine to do when my skin is dull and dry), or pat it right on top of your makeup for maximum glow. It's easy to use with fingers, brushes, and sponges, and it doesn't disturb the makeup underneath it.

Opal is a gorgeous champagne shimmer, leaning neither too golden nor too pink. It's a color that is flattering across many skin tones. It isn't glittery, even in bright sunlight it glows instead of sparkles. And a little goes a very long way. I keep getting deluxe samples of this from various Sephora promotions and I have yet to make a serious dent in one tube, despite my very frequent use of it. The full size will last you a lifetime!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous! It is an absolutely stunning product! NC 30... Great highlight for my skintone. Almost every time I wear this I get so many compliments... Def repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference I am NC20-25, oily, combination in winter. Acne-prone.

'Opal' is a sheer, warm champagne-toned highlighter. It imparts an iridescent sheen, and while not completely detectable from a distance, it does have very very fine shimmers. The consistency is like a thin lotion that spreads easily. It has a slight perfumey smell that does not linger. It comes in a standing cylindrical tube with a pump.

This highlighter is kind of expensive, at USD$41.00 for 1.7 fl oz. but I managed to find [an authentic] one on Amazon for around $28.00 with Prime membership. So it may be worth it to shop around.

I think the packaging is attractive. Very sleek, and it does look like a lot of product, for something that I only intend to use very sparingly in small areas. However I do not like the pump that it comes with. It's very easy to pump more than you want to use and end up wasting product. A shame for something as expensive as it is.

I really like the effect/finish. It makes my skin look so healthy and smooth. It blends well and imparts a nice iridescent shine on the skin without looking like you have glitter sitting on your face. The warmth of the color makes it easy to blend into my skin tone and I think looks pretty natural compared to other white-ish/silvery highlighters I've tried. It is buildable. However I find that the effect is not as long-lasting as I would have liked (but to be fair I do have oily cheeks). It seems to lose that pretty, fresh luster in a matter of a few hours if I don't layer a sheer translucent powder over it. I think it may last longer on those with dry/normal skin.

It lists some skin-benefitting ingredients like vitamins A, B, D, and E, aloe, witch hazel and avocado oil. That said, it does feel moisturizing without feeling greasy. I think those with dry, dull skin would really love this. It also has SPF 25, however unless you plan on applying this generously all over your entire face, I wouldn't rely on this for adequate sun protection.

Note that this product is not oil-free. YMMV, but it does contain mineral oil and avocado oil. I only apply it to the "outer C" along my cheekbones/temples, bridge of the nose, brow bone, and cupid's bow. It has never caused me to break out.

Even though I'm a little unhappy with the iffy pump, I do love the product. I don't often splurge on expensive makeup, but I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never been much into illuminators. I usually only use them for special nights out. Lately, I find myself using them a little more. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but I'm finding that liquid illuminators seem to work a better for me. I actually have a deluxe sample of this from Sephora. A little goes a long way. I've been using it in strategic areas like the cheekbones, cupid's bow, etc. I patted it into my skin over my foundation using the beauty blender. I could see this also working if you mixed it with foundation to create a luminous foundation (again use sparingly). Overall I like it. I am planning to buy a full sized one when I run out.