October 22, 2014 | 962 users online

Toners - C.O. Bigelow - Dr. Galen Herbal Skin Tonic

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite toners by far! I was just about to re order it (I still had a quarter bottle left but I decided to go with C,O.Bigelow vitamin boost toner which there is no reviews for!) Anyways this toner is great for acne prone and oily skin. I had ordered it for less than $12 on BBW last year (i use toners in rotation which is why i still have some left) and I feel my whole face tingle everytime i put it on. I actually feel like it's opening my pores where as other toners , sometimes it's like putting water on your face. This comes to a close first to Clinique's clarifying lotion (best toner). If your skin is sensitive however, I wouldn't recommend this product! It has a strong smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by LiviDaVida

Great product! Better than drugstore toners, doesn't sting or irritate skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by bluefrog1323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't been using this product for a very long time, but I do really like it. It has a very strong smell which is why I gave it 4 lippies. Also, the packaging is a quite a bit difficult to open. Other than that, I really like this toner because it makes my skin feel very nice and firm. I use a nice moisturizer after I use this toner and my skin feels so insanely clean! I will definitely re- purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by happybananerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This, combined with use of Retin-A really helped keep my acne under control for the most part. Of course, I still get acne every so often, but to a much lesser degree. I think it's mostly because of the witch hazel, which is third on the list of ingredients. However, there are plenty of toners containing witch hazel on the market that run significantly cheaper than this. The only gripe I have about this product is that the second ingredient on the list is alcohol. Even though I have an oily complexion, I don't like applying alcohol on my skin, because with as much alcohol that this product contains, it can dry out my skin in certain areas of my face. But overall, a good product, and it's reasonably priced ($12 US). Using twice a day got me about 6 months of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by majda

I have a combination skin, prone to pore clogging. I use the toner every night and morning. My night routine consists of exfoliation (St. Ives green tea scrub) and washing with the Panoxyl soap. I always thought there wasn't much more I could do to clean my skin but the cotton ball that I use to apply the Dr. Galen toner says otherwise...

I have noticed fewer blackheads and pore-clogging since I started using this (~1 month). It feels nice on my skin, cooling, refreshing and not drying (I do get dry patches around my mouth but this doesn't exacerbate it). Also, my foundation/TM applies better after I use this toner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this toner in the summer months. It formulated for normal to oily skin types and works even better if you use a microfiber cloth instead of cotton squares.I got my bottle during the B&BW semi-annual sale last year so the price was dirt cheap @ %75 off for me. I stocked up on this because of all of the good reviews and it seems to be the bootleg version of Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal version at a slightly cheaper cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Julia2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OK so I know a lot of people say toners are a completely unnecessary step in a skincare regimen. I somewhat agree, after all a cleanser should work well enough to thoroughly cleanse the skin and then serums and creams can deposit treatment ingredients. And yet, I love toners! I just love how my skin feels after using them- so clean and fresh and tingly! I just enjoy them- so unnecessary or not I use them. I took a chance on this C.O. Bigelow toner when I went to Bath and Body Works and discovered that my beloved C.O. Bigelow Rose toner was no longer in production. I was really nervous about trying this one because it says it is meant for normal to oily skin and because I have combo skin, products marketed for oily skin usually dry me out. However, this does not dry out my skin at all or leave it with a stripped feeling. Strangely, it seems to balance my skin by making the oily parts feel less oily and the dry parts feel less dry. It smells wonderfully clean and leaves my skin feeling so refreshed. I do not experience any irritation from this. At the same time, it is definitely no miracle product. I still get pimples occasionally and still have some blackheads. I'm not sure I should expect a toner to rectify those problems though. I still love this for the clean, refreshed, and balanced feeling it gives my skin. I may try other toners as well because it is hard for me to get committed to a product unless it is perfect for me, but I'm sure I will be buying this again in the future because I do really enjoy it, so yes I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

First off, I got the small 2 oz size. It was originally $5 but I picked this up from the Bath & Body Works Outlet store for $0.50. I ended up getting 2 of them. It was well worth it. It smells like your standard toner and it doesn't dry out your face. I have combination/dry skin. I've been using it about 5 out of 7 days a week so far. Performs exactly the way I would expect a toner. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great stuff, this Dr. Galen Herbal Skin Tonic. It has been totally invaluable to me throughout this muggy, gray locker room of an NYC summer. It's very similar to the classic Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion (some might even say it's a knock-off, though the two products cost about the same), but seems to be less drying.

It has a pleasant rosemary/menthol fragrance, and leaves a slight tingly sensation on your skin. I especially like to use this in the morning and occasionally throughout the day (especially after cooking) when my face is particularly oily.

The only reason I'm not giving this five lippies is that I imagine this might be a little too harsh for most skin types, and it doesn't perform any magical tricks. I prefer to save my five-lippie reviews for products with near-supernatural powers.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by ratfink1818

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a really bad allergic reaction to this product! i've never had that happen with any other product. my face turned beet red, burned like crazy, and got all puffy. i had to go to the doctor to get a steroid shot :( Be careful with this stuff!!!