April 16, 2014 | 1938 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Fard Irise (Iridescent Eyeshadow) #127

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 7:49:00 PM More reviews by glitterpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is becoming my favorite smokey gray pewter-taupe eyeshadow. taupe meaning gray-brown. ok so I have about a dozen "favorite" smokey gray/silver taupes. I have the famous shu silver 945, which is the same hue as this, just the shu is metallic and a hair browner. this eyeshadow also reminds me of MAC moth brown. it most closely resembles that eyeshadow than any other taupey pewter color I have. the moth brown is just a little darker with a hint of purple. I much prefer this one over mac's because mac creases on me. and the texture is so much better and more pigmented and super longer wearing. and you can't beat the $9 price for a pan larger than mac, shu, etc. I just adore the perfect pewter-taupe color that is not too shimmery. it's more of a satiny subtle sheen instead of frosty shimmer. it looks great paired with anything, or just alone. it can be used for a neutral/natural eye or a smokey eye. great find! I think this color should be a lot more popular than it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 2:01:00 AM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

I have #127 (wow, catchy) and it's quite lovely and soft as silk. It has a kind of shimmery medium granite grey color. It has just the barest hint of brown to make it more wearable than most greys, and looks just incredibly flattering on. The grey/brown thing is very multidimensional and nice- browner when sheered, more pure grey when thick. The texture is just great. Soft, smooth and very pigmented. Lasted all day on my oily little lids. Would buy again in a heartbeat. I liked it better in texture than any MAC shadow I've ever tried. Purty! I do wish for a name, though. I'm a sucker for cute packaging and nifty names.EDIT: I just got Chanel's Vega shadow and this shadow is closer to a match to it than MAC's Satin Taupe- it has the same silky texture and identical quality of sparkle- it is a tiny hair greyer I think, but it's amazingly close. continued >>