November 24, 2014 | 2004 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - morning glory

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this color since the similar color in the novel romance collection was sold out.

Its a lilac pinky color with a lot of shine and glitter. I love to put it in the center of my lips for an added highlight and glimmer. It also looks sooo good when I'm going for a sort of ethereal look paired over lavender lips. It has a slight tint applied but I don't find it to give much color.

You have to reapply it often because it loses its shine. The shimmer stays, but can be annoying because its quite harsh. So the lack of longevity and shimmer are quite a downfall.

Overall, if you love the color and shimmer lip glosses you may want to check this out. If you're not that type of person stay away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased Morning Glory when I was going through a lilac/lavender infatuation phase. Back then I absolutely adored it, but now not so much. Don't get me wrong. This is an absolutely beautiful lilac gloss with silver micro glitter. I like it because its different from the traditional pink and nude glosses I normally use. That said, this can be a little difficult to wear. I'm NW 50 so it tends to look too pale on me. But I found that pairing it with a medium pink lipstick like Viva Glam V makes it more wearable. I wouldn't repurchase this just because I'm no longer into lilac, but I think it's a pretty color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A nice glitter cool lilacy pink color. I don't like it much on it's own since it brings out a lot of red in my lips for some reason. I find it working well layered on top of a lipstick giving your lips a nice multi-dimensional effect. It's perfect for a slightly orangey lipstick or any warm one, whereas it can make a cool lipstick look too blue. Should be good for lighting up a darker lipstick too. Works well in the middle of lips for an effect of plumpness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has been my go-to gloss for years. I <3 it! It's a light pinkish-lavender sparkly gloss and it works really well with my NC30-35 skintone. I used to top it up with dabs of MAC Out to Shock lipstick before that got discontinued :'(. But if you're looking for a cool pink look on your lips, this goes well over any pale pink lipstick or in the centre of your lips to give them a plumper look. It's sheer but buildable. I would say it has medium sparkle compared to the norm nowadays so beware if sparkle is not your thing. And it's as sticky as most of the MAC glosses which is to say it's pretty sticky! But this gloss definitely gives me the extra oomph I want on my lips...if you love the barbie pink lips look, this gloss is a MUST for your makeup bag!

UPDATE: I've had several girls ask me what I have on my lips over the years. Since I've worn this over several different lippies, I think morning glory adds the finishing touch that really pops. It's a little known gem <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this one. Im usually not a glitter on my lips fan bc of the texture of gliter, but this is nice, thick and smooth to me. I love it over my lipstick or even alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by kmp1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this lipglass gets a lot of bad reviews because of the glitter, but I love it! It is pretty glittery, but not big chunks of glitter, which I hate. It looks gorgeous over literally every single lipstick I own. The color payoff isn't the best, but it does give off a very pretty lilac/pink sheen to your lips. I've never worn this alone, but over MAC pink/beige lipsticks, it's GORGEOUS. I will probably repurchase when I run out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Loz601

Love this product!
I havn't tried this alone,but I wear it on top of fashion mews lipstick or saint germain,and I think it looks fab.
Very glossy with a bit of sparkly.
Not too sticky either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this lustreglass, it is such a pretty color! It looks really good over creme cup lipstick by MAC! Super girly! Makes a normal pink lipstick look over-the-top barbie. Although this is not for me because, I like the Plushglasses. :p The lipglass is the stickiest, then comes the lustreglass then comes the plushglass. My faves are lipglass and plushglass though!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by lookupitzcybill

This was my first MAC l/g and at the time I must not have known any better. I used a little more than half of it, but it's been 3-4 years since I've used it. I tried it on today and it was seriously glitter bomb city. It goes on sheer and once it fades away it leaves glitter on your lips. (I find that MAC's love nectar also left glitter on my lips). This l/g is definitely frosty. I would not recommend this for medium- dark skin tones. I will be B2M it soon. I would give it 2 lippies but since I did use a good amount of it, I gave it 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by racheff21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this gloss. It mutes the natural pigmentation of the lips with it's light, lilac glow. It's fantastic. And since it's a lustreglass, it's not particularly sticky and very easy to apply. I think it's a must have!