November 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer - Coffee

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by JLPellegrino

I bought this because I love all other Burt's Bees products. I have to say I was very disappointed. The color is ok but what bothered me the most is the texture of it, the smell and the taste. The texture is very dry. I had to wipe it off my lips because the smell was so bad and the taste was equally as awful when I licked my lips. :(

I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by kisskissrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for really cheap: on sale at CVS.

I'm asian. The color is rather ridiculous at first. I still like the brand (and the signature mintly ting) and the color is beginning to grow on me. Overall, I wouldn't by this at msrp price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe the low rating on this. This was my first lip shimmer. I have merlot, raisin, 2 nutmegs, papaya, fig, rhubarb, and this. This on me is a rust color that works well on my light warm complexion. That being said, fig works best of all for me when I want an MLBB look. I actually gave my coffee to my mom one day when I found her wearing purple lipstick and couldn't stand to look at her committing such a horrendous cosmetic error. She loves this lip shimmer and now that she is almost all out of it, she only uses it for special occasions!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by emma4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obviously in a minority here, but I love the color! My lips are too thin to get away with dark lipstick, so this is a great substitute. The color is really not that dark, IMHO. I'd describe it as a soft brick red, and it doesn't really have shimmer, as such, but that's another thing I like about it. Staying power isn't great (otherwise it would get a 5), and you can't twist it _back_into the tube (how silly is that!), But apart from that, this is fantastic, and I'll definitely repurchase when my tube runs out (soon now...)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Who selected the colours for this range? Bloody hell! I love Burt's bees and its one of my favorite ranges for skin products but here we have a brick red lip product that does nothing (again) for me! Yuk! Don't attempt this if you are super pale!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kerrick22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love all of the lip shimmers, but this color is my favorite. It is the perfect terracotta color for my golden, medium tan complextion. The color pay off is really nice and quite long lasting. I always keep plenty on hand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

thankfully this was a gift because the color does not work for me at all. i think medium skintones should stay away from this color because it is a combination of red and brown that is very unattractive. i havent tried the other colors but this one is not worth it except that it has the minty quality of the original balm and is surprisingly pigmented

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought one in Coffee, its looks horrible. It's kind of dry to put on, doesn't go smoothly on my lips. I still have to use my Burt's Bees balm to soften my lips. I would not be buying this again. Wasted my $4.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by karlitabooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am surprised so many people didn't like this. I like the slim packaging, the color is nice on me, a brownish red, but not too dark. I don't like to wear dark colors on my lips, this is a bit dark on me in the winter when my skin is extra pale. My tube is not sparkly at all. The mint tingle is nice and I like that Burt's Bees uses natural ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by lisabell10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all, the color. It is not the least bit brown on me. It turns bright pink. Ugh.

Second of all, it's wayyy too soft. This is exacerbated by the fact that you can't retract it once you're raised it, so it results in pink/brown goo all over the tube, your hands, and your lips. Every time I apply it, even if it looks smooth, it leaves chunks of pigment just sitting there on my lips.

The only good thing about it is the way it feels - I like the tingly mint. But that's it.