April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by nikolis

i have mixed to combination skin and i use this product twice daily after cleaning my face with avenue cleanse soap.i want to mention that i have no acne at all .i use this product for skin resurfacing.the bad thing that i noticed my skin turns red and i am afraid of post hyper pigmentation.i wear a 50+ sunscreen bcoz i live in greece and here the weather is sunny all day long.can u plz tell whether i should use this product or stop?bcoz my skin is a little red after using this product and i am afraid of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.
ps.i have noticed great results on my skin,no pimples,no scars and my skin feels smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by m33m4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This lotion is the greatest thing that's ever happened to my skin. I've dealt with adult acne from the ages of 19-25 (perfect skin in my teens, go figure) and this has helped so much. My skin type is; oily, acne prone, and very sensitive to certain foundations (especially that EVIL M.A.C studio fix line), however, I have no problem with glycolic acid. If you do have sensitive skin definitely do a patch test to make sure you don't irritate it! This lotion smooths, brightens, reduces breakouts ALOT and has significantly helped my scarring on my face (over a couple of months of use). Also, I had some leftover acne scars from some awful bacne I had when I was younger, which were bad enough that I never wanted to wear anything that showed my shoulders or back. These were lighter than the ones on my face, and this lotion single handedly eliminated them. I have medium brown/olive skin (m.a.c nc40, for reference) and my skin gets those very pigmented, dark, hard to rectify scars that a lot of darker toned girls get. So, if this can lighten MY scars that much, I can only imagine how wonderfully it would work for girls with lighter ones. I can't recommend this enough. The tingling/slight stinginess is minimal (obviously avoid broken skin, including popped pimples) and well worth the results. I really think everyone with problem skin...or just skin... should try this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Pros:
1) good exfoliator, skin feels smooth after using
2)an exfoliator and moisturizer at the same time = killing 2 birds with a stone
3)reduce appearance of keratosis pilaris

cons:
1)smells like vinegar upon applying it. But it goes away after few minutes
2)hard to apply over the face and takes a long time to be absorbed
3)hard to pour out, always end up squeezing out more than the amount that i actually need
4)may sting / itch your face
5)makes my face oily and shiny

I think it will be better to be used on body instead of face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by ziggysgal

I use MUA frequently for researching products but this is my first review because I want people to know how this product changed my skin. I've suffered from moderate acne, persistently since my early teens up until recently - I'm now 24. I tried benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and topical and oral antibiotics, with very limited results. I was hoping my acne would resolve when I left my teens but this was wishful thinking. As a result, I have uneven skin colouring and texture from scarring.

This was my first trial of AHAs and this product has changed my skin. I now only get small pustules, generally hormone related. And I have more days without acne than with, whereas previously I had innumerable pimples everyday. I think it is slowly improving my discolouration also. My skin is so soft now. When I ran out of the first bottle, I stopped using it in my routine and my skin quickly went back to its previous condition.

I use a generous amount twice a day, but still this product lasts forever. I love the ultra smoothing lotion so much, and would encourage anyone who is suffering from moderate acne refractory to other treatment, to give this a go. It has a great price point too, for the results it achieves. I live in Australia and purchase it from Chemist Warehouse for about $40. I look forward to trying other products from the Neostrata range. Please give this a go!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by AGDMR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my sister with normal,but clogged pores skin began to use it (8 aha version) I saw the improvement on her face that I wantto get that thinner and smoothperfection so I began yet.reddish face yes but not extremeI bare and will try to handle it by a product.because worth.hope to continue.my sister had a few pimples at first so dont be afraid.
notr:in time my skin became more sensitized but I still go on but try to change my exfoliator(lancome combination)(before neostrata it wasnt harmful) or peeling(lancome purete

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by aminamalika

I am reviewing the Level 3 Oil-Free Smoothing lotion (non-daytime and non-SPF)

After reading the amazing reviews on MUA and other sites, I decided to implement this into my regiment. Some background: I have comedonal acne mostly on forehead and under eye areas (weird I know). I have used products with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide.. dermatolgist prescribed retina-a and clindoxyl (BP based). I recently found out about glycolic acid and it being an effective product for comedones, since it exfoliates and gets rid of clogged and dead skin cells.

Right now it's been almost 2 weeks and I am loving it so far! I see a difference in my skin and my comedones have already diminished in size!(more than 50%)

When you first use the product (like with many effective products) you are going to break out, also known as your skin "purging". This is completely normal for AHA products since they exfoliate and bring the new layer of skin to surface. After a day or so, my skin calmed down and I started to see better results. I recommend this for anyone suffering from comedones and blackheads, it really works!

I recently bought the Level 2 toner which also has 10%glycolic acid and 2% salicylic I'm excited to add that into my regiment and hopefully see better results.
My routine now:

-Wash with neutrogena oil free acne wash 2% salicylic
-Tone with Level 2 toner
-Moisturizer with Level 3 smoothing lotion
Sometimes spot treatment with clinidoxyl gel but I haven't done this in awhile since the lotion has been working for me not to do this

My next purchase will be the Level 3 oil free daytime Smoothing Lotion, which has the SPF15.

So far, neostrata is working great and I can't complain! If you have struggled with different products and medical ingredients, try this out. It is pricey at 38 bucks plus tax at shoppers drug mart BUT they go on sale often. Got my Toner on sale, actually, I think in this case, the benefits of this product definitely outweighs the cost.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by shi1

This is a review of the oil-free version. I am a changed person ever since I have started incorporating AHAs into my skincare routine. I was always acne prone, suffering from breakouts and enduring scars. With much trial and error I learned the needs of my skin so it had gotten to a "good" state, but once I started using AHAs my skin has REALLY cleared up. The little bumps under my skin have gone away and blemishes are pretty much strictly hormonal (and not severe). I tried using an AHA cleanser only which was good but I still noticed a few blemishes starting to form. I added this moisturizer back into my routine, and the blemishes never formed and just disappeared. It does have a bit of a vinegary odour and can tingle when applied but both go away quickly after application. It can cause the skin to pill so it may not be the best thing to wear under foundation. It can be drying for the skin so I think I may alternate moisturizers, but it is a good staple to have around, especially during breakouts. The price is slightly high but not too unreasonable. In Canada its available at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and it goes on sale for 30% off every now and then which makes the price more palatable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by rucci80

After battling adult acne for three years (never had a single breakout in my teens or twenties!) i have done everything known to mankind to help my skin heal and clear up.
Spent lots of money on chemical peels, every serum, lotion, precription acne lotions, benzac u name it.
After reading review i purchased this lotion and wow, what a change. It helped my acne clear up significantly, and scarring on my chin reduced.
At first the stinging was unbearable but i kept at it, and after three months i can honestly say its cleared 60% of my on going acne and scarring.
I use this with my clarisonic cleanser and lotion afterwards. The lotion absorbs faster than the cream. At $40 aussie dollars its worth it compared to the hundreds i spent on precription n expensive creams.
Only minus is that the lotion really smells n the stinging does subside after a few weeks. Bottle is huge so will last me at least 9 months.
Do try girls it saved me a fortune and it helped alleviate future breakouts and heal my skin! Recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by strawbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this every night on my face and body. Brilliant stuff. Makes my skin brighter, whiter, smoother. Have used about 4 bottles and will continue to use! The price is around $25 which is extremely reasonable because the bottle lasts a while and it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by kelka

All I can say is wow. This is the first NeoStrata products I have tried.

I'm 27 now, and I suffer mild adult acne, redness, dry patches, oily t-zone, large pores, etc!

I've tried Retin A, Benzyl Peroxide, Mario Badescu Glycolic Face Wash, Cetaphil, you name it, and nothing has truly worked.

I bought the AHA 10% Lotion and the PHA 4% Facial wash, I use the facial wash in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia, then continue with pure (no alcohol or anything else) Aromatherpy Garden Witch Hazel, Dermologica Chroma White TRx c-12 Concentrate, Trilogy Organic pure Rosehip Oil, then the NeoStrata AHA 10% Lotion.

My skin is glowing, radiant, and just evenly toned, it looked better after the first night of using it (Girls I can't recommend Trilogy Rosehip Oil enough to help with this as well!)! As others said, I felt mild burning sensation, but no redness on the skin to indicate any bad reaction, so it is quite normal, and if anything it actually feels like it's doing something, which is a rewarding experience!

I really feel as if my acne pigmentation left behind from popping pimples etc, is really truly fading in conjunction with my routine. My skin feels like silk and not dry at all, though I did have some very small dry skin flaking around my nostrils, no biggy though!

This is a truly amazing product, as if the 4% facial wash, I can't recommend it enough to girls who suffer mild adult acne like myself! I didn't get the pump bottle here in Australia, just the 200ml with squeeze lid, which is a tad annoying compared to pump action, but minute to the excellence of this product.

It cost me $40 AUD at Chemist Warehouse, which some may say is quite expensive, but it's not expensive when it works, this is really worth so much more in what it does for your skin!

Do yourself a favor and give this AHA 10% Lotion a shot, you won't look back!! Thanks NeoStrata, another great American skincare line!