I've tried at least 8 different brands of makeup remover wipes and this by far is my all-time favourite. The packaging looks different in the photos above but maybe because I'm in Canada.
- there is a scent to it but it is not strong. it is light and pleasant. non-floral, just fresh
- the texture of the actual wipes is soft and smooth , which I like. I've tried different wipes that have the same texture as Bounty paper towel (e.g. Ponds), which I DON'T like. I'm wiping my face not a picnic table, geez.
- these wipes do NOT leave an oily film or residue on my skin (like the Simple brand wipes. grosse!)
- 2 wipes are good to get off all foundation and waterproof makeup.
- these are extremely gentle. Even if i wipe with pressure around my eye area, my eyes dont sting or get irritated. huge plus for me because I have sensitive eyes
- these are the best and also the most expensive (drugstore) wipes I've ever used. Here in Canada, they are $8.99 at Wal-mart ($9-10 at shoppers, what a rip!). I always think "eugh" at the price tag when I pick this up but I cant really complain since I've found my HG wipes
- If it already isn't available (e.g. at Costco), it'd really be helpful if these came in a larger size/packages. I think theres 25 wipes in each package and since I use 2 every night, these only last me approx. 12 days. that's less than 2 weeks. not a good ratio.
As you can probably tell, the good outweighs the bad. I will continue to purchase these makeup remover wipes. I've found my HG wipes. I think it is highly unneccesary to go to Sephora to buy $25 "high-end" cleansing wipes, give me a break. These I would recommend to everyone with any skin type.
Although these wipes do take off my makeup nicely, I do find that these are rather rough on the skin and I notice my skin get reds after using this. I also find it quite painful trying to remove my mascara with these makeup wipes I wouldn't recommend these wipes for people with sensitive skin like me, however, if you don't have sensitive skin, I would say go for it since it is relatively inexpensive and does a good job on removing makeup.
I used to really really like these... I recently bought another pack and after one use, I started to get red, bumpy pimples on my cheeks and forehead. I won't use these again.. -.-
I purchased a lot of these wipes from Costco and I had been using them nonstop- at office, at home, at gym, and at resturant. I have to wipe off my excess oil and sweat after I move a lot. WOrks well and like them!
I LOVE these makeup removing wipes.. they are just the right amount of wetness, they remove all of my makeup, and i can wipe off my mascara easily and it won't irritate my eyes.
These also did not leave a greasy residue on my skin so i'm not sure what everyone else is talking about...
greasy feeling after using these and sore eyes aswell. really wished these worked but sadly are a huge fail for me!
Nope - after using 3 packets of this (purchased in bulk) I can honestly say these do not work for me. True - I have HI expectations of mu removing wipes as int must remove EL DW and waterproof mascara. I will even accept if I need 2 wipes to get the job done, but these, not only do I have to use AT LEAST 2 wipes, I have to press very hard on my skin = a big no no and my Thayers Rose toner soaked cotton round is still covered in mu when applied post cleansing = will most assuredly NOT repurchase. Why did I ever stray from my Clean/Clear MU Dissolving Wipes? Because I'm apparently an idiot :P
I bought this because of the amazing reviews i've seen. While I was doing my makeup, I messed up my blush on the left side of my face. So, I used this to remove it and went on doing the rest of my makeup. After school I got into my car and look into the mirror to find out that the whole left side of my face was bright red even under my foundation! It looked like a burn or a rash. It didnt hurt at all, so I didn't even notice it during school and no one let me know. Nice to know my classmates have my back -_- Anyway, I now use the Simple makeup wipes for 2 years so far and they've never failed me!
I wish I could like this product! It's a reasonable price and when you catch these on sale, they're great! I like that it gets rid of all the makeup I have and is a quick alternative on late nights. However, it breaks me out like no other. I get tiny little white heads all over my face and it's horrible! It might be because I have normal-dry skin, but still....very disappointing.
-Gets rid of every little bit of makeup!
-Good for getting rid of quick smudges under eyes.
-Oily residue on face afterwards
-Breaks me out!
While this removes make up decently, it leaves an oily residue. Not what I want in a cleansing facial cloth.