August 27, 2014 | 947 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Concrete #22 ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best styling gel/cream ever for my fine wavy cowlicked bangs. Put a tiny amount of this in and blow dry. Cowlick gone, bangs straight and full like there is nothing in my hair at all except that they stay that way ALL DAY even in high humidity. Redken geniuses discontinued this, I'm savage, especially since they keep bringing out NEW and IMPROVED products that are total crap. Way ta go REDKEN . . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by you3701me

This product that you either love or hate, and I love it! I have long, thick, curly/wavy hair, and have a hard time finding a product that will hold my curls in line. I tried it today after I got out of the shower, and it does exactly what I wanted it to. I used it to pull my hair back in a sleek ponytail, and scrunched the ends, then left it to dry. It froze my damp hair in place, and when it was almost dry, I scrunched it again to get rid of the cruncy feel. It has great hold, eliminated frizz, and I love how curly my hair is! My only complaint is its matte finish. I would have liked a bit more shine, but other than that, this is a dream come true. I would not recommend this to anyone with fine hair, as it is too heavy, and will most likely weigh you down more than you would like.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Tatiana12

This is a regular part of my fine, curly hair styling arsenal (and three cowlicks.) I have colored hair, need a professional style, and this never fails to tame the wayward locks. I agree with the reviewer to apply it AS YOU GO, which for me, is using a combination blow dryer and curling iron (to straighten.) I also use heat protective lotion and finish up with the current Redken styling paste (used to use Sharp Edge, was discontinued.) Works for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DH and I both love this. I use just a small amount sometimes when I want to wear my hair curly... he uses it when he wants to spike up his hair all over, or just on top. Gives excellent hold... allllll day! We keep repurchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by caplor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very thick, coarse, curly hair. I use this as my last product on damp hair before difussing. I flip my head over and scrunch in all over. It actually keeps my curls perfectly curled (prevents the poofing, frizzing thing that was often setting in after a couple hours). It does feel ever so slighltly crunchy in spots but a little hand scrunching in those spots after the hair is totally dry softens this effect. Now that I have discovered this product, I cannot live without it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2004 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ValrieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I love this product! My hairdresser said to just use a pea-size amount on my fine, highlighted hair. I mix it with the same amount of Redken Align. It has held my style all day, and usually my hair falls out of style in an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2004 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Locke

A few monthes ago I got my hair cut and I haven't been able to style it since. I'd blow dry it, iron it, curl it, cover it in goo-- what have you, and it always went back to this weird look that I hate-- until I tried Redken Concrete. I have long fine (but lots of it) hair that I can style most ways but it refuses to stay how I style it. I can understand where Chirpy is coming from but I think she may have purchased it for things other than what it is intended for. It is a HOLDING cream and boy does it hold. Since I bought it I've tried a few different ways: I blow dried with ends curled out, flat ironed, and today I curled. With the Concrete my ends stayed flipped out all day, my hair stayed straight-as-a-board longer than it ever had before, and my curls lasted all day too!

Now here's how I use it: after my hair is dry and I am in the last stages of styling I sqeeze a little more than a pea size amount into my palm and rub my palms together, then stroke down the length of the section of hair I am immediately styling then curl, straighten etc. This has to be done relatively quickly because it will dry in your hands and you want to make sure you style that section of hair before it dries too.
    The key is really to spread out the cream over each section of hair evenly AS YOU GO, DO NOT spread it all over your head and then style, and also try to use as little as possible: it does make your hair slightly crunchy if you use too much but if you use the right amount its perfect.
    I think Concrete would also be great for someone with short hair looking to do that spikey thing.
    If your looking for something with maximum hold ability give this stuff a try; I don't think you'll be disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Chirpy

I was looking for a styling product with more hold now that my hair is getting thicker and longer. Bought this on a Tuesday, returned it by Friday! When I used it as a defining/chunking/separator in dry hair, it was way too liquidy, and took forever to get to that "hardened" rock solid style the container talks about. So then I tried it in my damp hair before blow-drying (as the bottle suggests) Two minutes into drying the paste became ROCK hard and the brush got stuck in my hair...literally the OUCH type of stuck that hurt when I tried to get it out. It was absolutely like hardened glue. If you have a Mohawk...than this is your product, if you want hair that doesn't have a brush sticking out of it...than this is not the product for you! I think this is the worst product I have ever tried...EVER!