October 24, 2014 | 1736 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Almond Castille Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalnotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the saviour of my skin which was battling painful cystic acne. I read reviews on acne.org and most of them felt stupid for not picking this up sooner to clear their acne. Well, I felt pretty dumb too. I had no new breakouts for one whole month when I usually had AT LEAST one every day on my cheeks. I only had two recently due to my period and they were the small ones which would clear up soon. I have read Lisa Bronner's dilution cheat sheet. She used 3 drops on her face. I do that sometimes but I usually dilute 1 part soap to 3 parts water in a foam dispenser which is vital if you like the feel of foam (that's why I did not follow Lisa Bronner's recipe). I use the diluted mix for my face and body. 3 pumps for my face and 6 pumps for my body. I also use a few pumps to wash my lingerie as I usually hand wash them. I do not use this as a shampoo because it sucked. I had wanted this to work for me but it caused build up in my hair even after I had rinsed and rubbed my hair for 5 minutes. Seeing the white gunk on the bristles of my brush really put me off. I have the unscented baby one too but I still like this better. I never knew how good almond scented soaps smell until I started using this. I will definitely be repurchasing this over and over again. Almost forgot to mention the best thing I love about this product. There are lots of products that claim to be natural and organic with complicated names of chemicals you can't even pronounce listed as ingredients. However, I could pronounce and knew exactly what was in this bottle of magic soap. This soap is perfection.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Mariahhxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been on the hunt for a good brush shampoo, and none that i've tried really do as well as I'd like them too. Either they make my brushes feel dry and scratchy, or leave residue on the bristles. The worst is when they're covered in oil when you're done washing.
I tried out the Dr. Bronners soap with the almond scent for the first time yersterday and I'm floored with how well it did. All my brushes are incredibly soft, and best off CLEAN. Also good to note that the smell has faded and none of my brushes smell like the cleanser so this would be good for anyone sensitive to fragrance in their soaps. And maybe the best part is that it cut my washing time in half. It cleansed the brush so quickly, and it took a very little amount of time to rinse them clean.
My only complaint about the product is how quickly it pours out. It's so concentrated you only need a few drops, but if you're not careful you end on smothering your brush in this stuff. Maybe the bar would be good thing to try too.
But if you're looking for a great inexpensive brush shampoo please try this one out. You'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I love this soap. It smells so lovely. and clean like all dr. bronners soaps. They lather amazing, rinse clean, and take dirt off nearly anything. Skin, counters, floors! I love the rantings on the bottle, great toilet read. I wouldnt use this as shampoo or face wash, but body wash and house cleaner-yes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me say that i have done a review for the Dr.Bronner's Liquid soap. I use it to clean my makeup brushes. I love using this stuff to clean them. It leaves them super clean, the bristles soft and love the smell to them afterwards. I've been wanting to try the bar soap for the same purpose. I was at H.E.B (local foodstore) purchased the Almond Bar Soap. I wasnt to sure that i was gonna like it. I purchase the Almond, for reason that I loved how it smelled. And the other reason I was already running out of the liquid soap. As soon as I got home,busted out my makeup brushes to get them cleaned. Let me just say that, I was not disappointed. I tired by putting the soap in my hand ,but it was to soapy. So I tired putting in a soap holder, and it worked perfectly. I wet the makeup brush and swipe-ed it a couple of time on the bar soap. Wet it a little bit more and with the palm of my hand lather it up to clean it. Redo the process if you think if it did not cleaned well. I just love it and its half the coast of the liquid soap. I will be repurchasing them in the the different scent and the Almond Bar Soap(my favorite).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by rabiahmo

I like this soap because its completely organic and that's probably the main reason why i would re-purchase. It cleans your skin very well, leaving it squeaky clean- literally. However i HAVE'NT found it to be drying.

I do quite like the scent, its sweet (and strong!) but don't worry if your not a fan of scents, (you wont smell of almonds after you wash it off), smooth texture and lathers up really well. An overall brilliant body and face cleanser but a terrible shampoo! :( it leaves your scalp dry creating dandruff and it also gets greasy REALLY easily, i was rather disappointed. its also a terrible toothpaste, taste disgusting but i expected that x).

The shampoo con is the reason i gave it 4 stars but if your looking for a body or face cleanser, buy it, and you don't need a lot, a little bit goes a long way, really long way :D. And if you ever get bored in the shower, just read the packaging. Should keep you busy.

i do have acne prone skin, however i cant tell if this helps acne because i have a separate treatment for that.

BTW- Ive noticed that the prices on amazon and ebay are quite expensive. I got mine for £5.00 (8 oz) from bath and unwind, good service and arrived safe. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after viewing one of DRBrookyn's videos on You Tube. She says that she uses this and as a shave gel.It's a great addition to my routine. I'm not too fond of the scent, but I don't smell after I get out of the shower. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

This product was very drying on my skin. I liked the smell and I think this is a good product, but for myself I think it is not for me.

I found a liquid black soap alternative that contains shea that works much better for my skin and also allows me to use it to shave.

I would use Dr. Bonners in the future, but probably as a cleaning product and not a personal toiletry item.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by cathiequamme

I use this as a shampoo, and my hair has never been healthier. I use maybe a couple teaspoons diluted with lots of water, and just pour it on my head, and then scrub. I have fine and thin hair that I almost never use heat on, and this cleans my hair well without leaving residue or weighing my hair down. Would definitely recommend for similar hair types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. My husband and I both use it as a body wash and it works perfectly for that purpose ( I swear it also helped reduce body acne as well).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff more often than my regular bodywash. I love the warm scent of the almond. A little goes a long way with this stuff and it suds up really nicely. I use a just a little squirt on my loofa and its super suds. It cleans my skin nicely and doesnt leave it dry when I dry off.

I've used it as a shampoo in a pinch but it has a tendency to strip the hair yet leaves it super clean. I normally add a light conditioner to my hair starting at the base of the head and it makes it easier for combing.

This stuff has other uses such as cleaning which I havent tried yet. I do love it makes my skin clean and soft. I cant wait to try out the Rose next.