December 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge personnel #26 bordeaux astral

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ransomnote

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from ACW for about $7. The website sells this shade as 'Astral Burgundy #26' in the United States - it's possible that the EU has a separate name for it. The color of the tube was worrisome until I opened it to see that the shade inside is not related to the coral red tube. While the tube is lovely and modern looking, I wish it didn't have precisely cut corners that are sharp enough to poke into the lining of my purse more than I like. I find the shade is split personality. It's dark/cool toned vamp (Burgundy) when applied full strength but is a beautiful lighter-hard-to-describe shade (the color I wish my lips actually were) when blotted or used as a stain. The formula is pleasantly light and clings to the lips very well. I didn't have any trouble with bleeding. It lasts well and has a very very faint fragrance that is mild and hard to detect unless I try. I am very pleased with it and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by GirlOverboard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I bought this because I'd wanted to try some YSL makeup. The color is very similar to Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Colour in "Bruised Plum," but I wouldn't quite call it a dupe. It's a perfect burgundy, but applied, it looks more like a stain than a lipstick. That's not to say it's drying, it's not - at all. The wear is amazing, I applied it at 4:30pm yesterday, reapplied once very lightly at 9pm (for moisture alone,) & my lips were still beautifully colored when I got home at 12am -- after drinking from cups and straws all night. Amazing! I'm officially a YSL fan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 10:25:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very dark lipstick. Think dark burgundy-brown wine, and you have this color. On my NC15-20 skin, this is quite dramatic; I would pair it with very subdued, minimal eye look. If you look at the actual tube, with the cap on, the color of the bottom half of the tube does NOT represent what is inside, and that's a good thing, because the true lipstick color is much more interesting than the outer packaging shows. I have found all of my YSL lipsticks to be of excellent quality. The price is pretty steep, though..I paid $27 at Nordstrom for this.