Dior Dior Me, Dior Me Not

3.6

What a gorgeous springy/summery Dior scent!! I love this one. Very hard to describe, as it's a bit aquatic...but a sweet fruity aquatic? The cherry and musk blend with the water notes to give you something truly unique and special. Sweet pea, violet, and peony are fresh, sweet, and bright (the peony does dominate on me). It has a distinct Dior feel to it, and I could see myself reaching for this one over and over this summer. Yes, it was LE, but it is STILL available to find in many venues online and instore (US, anyway). Gorgeous bottle, cute name. Would definitely repurchase this one!
(crosspost)

on 5/15/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am giving it the highest rating and my hand isn't even shaking with doubt ( I am ignoring the tacky writing on the bottle since the bottle itself is a classic and Dior-recognizable plus the blue of it lovely. I was looking for years and years for a scent that could be worn on grey humid summer Sundays, when one can bet one's right arm that it's going to rain. All plans are abandoned in favour of taking a long shower, arranging the undried hair in a casual updo and going out to a fresh goods market , pausing for a morning coffee and cake at a local cafe, then returning home to cosy up with a book, a movie or just baking a treat for the loved ones. Imho, only this perfume fits the picture to a t. It lasts for about 3-4 hours on me ( dry-skinned individuals can throw another 2 hours on top of that ), which is just enough on such occasions. It starts with a burst of a wet bubble soap: it is the exact feeling of being just out of the shower, which usually ends in 10-15 minutes once one gets on with everyday affairs. This perfume not only stretches this experience over a number of hours, but also puts a cherry on top quite literally: a black cherry note surfaces up 10 -15 mins into a drydown and lingers pleasantly for a long while. I know, that the longevity could be even better, and the scent could have been more complex, but for me it is capturing the mood of the moment that matters the most. Will be sweeping every available bottle on german ebay: I will just have to cross Sundays out of my calendar if I ever run out of stock!

on 10/21/2012 12:03:00 PM

I am a huge fan of Dior. I had high expectations on this but it didn't turn out to be very good. I don't hate it though. It's very flowery, I liked it when I tried it first time, it just feels so soft and elegant. But nothing special, it's JUST flowery. And it doesn't last long. I'd say if you are interested in floral perfumes, you may not hate it.
I would not repurchase it again(it's even hard to get more) my search for HG perfume continues.....

Btw, I love the blue glassed bottle, but the packaging is so cheap, can't even convince myself it's from Dior..

on 2/25/2006 9:45:00 AM

I'm not really a collector of perfumes, but I seem to have many.. this is my only Christian Dior perfume suprisingly as I have a lot of CD things. It is nice.. but it just smells like perfume. There are a lot of cheap perfumes out there (and on my dresser) that kinda smell the same. Then again I do use this a lot, probably more because it's Christian Dior instead of it being really great. It stays on for quite a while, and does smell pretty, but because I use it as an every day perfume and not for special occasions I guess it's nothing special. (Oh and another thing, I like the bottle, but I'd like it more if the writing looked more classy.)

on 2/3/2006 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got it as a gift 2 years ago and have hardly used it, I guess this reflects that I don't wear this scent well.
Some people say it smells nice on me while some say it doesn't. I think it smells good at first but after an hour it goes all weird on me. The bottle design is pretty boring, and so is the scent.

on 10/25/2005 10:04:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this limited edition Dior perfume. Was a gift to me by a guy... and let me say, he has great taste in perfume! :b I only wear it once in a while, because it is that special to me. One of the rare perfumes that doesn't make my nose itch and make me sneeze heaps of times when I spray it. The scent goes into my body's chemistry and stays with me all day, after only a few sprays in the morning. I always get complimets when I wear this scent. It's soo lovely.

on 7/15/2005 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love love loved this scent. But, when I tried a sample, it didn't mix with my own body chemistry. It just smelled like "perfume". Bummer, because it smells good in the bottle. Make sure you try a sample all day long before you buy.

on 4/14/2005 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Unfortunately this was a Dior me NOT. It smelled sooo good on one of my coworkers that I had to run out a try it after work. Smelled exactly like plastic on me. I was so crushed b/c on her it smelled wonderfully sweet and musky all at the same time. I wanted it to smell like that on me, but with my body chemistry, nothing but plastic. Yuck.

on 4/7/2005 12:47:00 PM

Tried Dior Me, Dior Me Not when it was first launched to see what all the fuss was about, but was sadly disappointed to find it smells like many other perfumes I've tested over the past few years. Beautiful but so boring!

on 2/3/2005 7:16:00 PM

Let me start off by saying I LOVE Dior's limited edition perfumes...probably because I get the most compliments from them. When I first spray this on, I smell like a bouquet of flowers. After a few minutes, it mellows out to a lovely sweet peony fragrance with some lily and a *hint* of rose. It has the same kind of sweetness that the LE chris 1947 had. The staying power is FANTASTIC on my skin which is why I'm giving it 4 lipsticks. I should mention that this isn't the most unique frangrace of all but this is definitely for someone who likes white florals.

Popular Fragrances