April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

SWEET HONEY JASMINE!!!! This shower gel smells absolutly amazing, beautiful, sexy, delicous, and super floral. It stays on your skin as well. The jasmine smell will also take over your bathroom! IT IS STRONG. It Lathers up quite well. It thorughly cleans without stripping.Its not the most moisturizing shower gel that ive come across but does not dry me out.

I dont like the price, it seems like you almost HAVE to buy the biggest size to feel like your actually getting your moneys worth because its expensive. I dont like the packaging.....its not luxurious or pretty!!! Its plain, bulky, and just......there........oh, But its made of recycled materials!!! SO!!! its not pretty!!!!!!

Actually, Im starting to get into LUSH and its products which is funny because I would always make fun of LUSH and anything "green". I thought the products are overrated, wouldnt work, and just for silly hippies. I was WRONG! What a great product and brand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Smells heavenly, but it's not very moisturizing. I prefer using the Godiva shampoo bar as soap - same scent, just a little nicer on dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

First of LUSH sells very expensive products, but I find that their stuff can be a hit or miss. However I love this flying fox shower gel. It's pretty pricey here in Canada - about $9.99 for the smallest 100ml bottle. But the honey, jasmine, and ylang ylang scent reminds me of the flowers that used to grow around my house as a child. The scent stays on your skin and you can smell it even after a few hours. But I don't think it's very moisturizing though. The product itself is very liquidy and a little goes a long way. I wish they had an EDT version of this scent! It just smells so good. when I run out, I think I will invest on the 500 ml bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this occasionally. PROS: scent is rose based and sensuous, it doesn't take a lot for a good lather, scent stays on skin after shower, free of "junk" that you can find in a lot of body washes, not so gentle on my sensitive skin (I can rash out if I use this consistently). CONS: very thin formula which makes it easy to use too much, scent lingers on skin (this can be a pro or a con depending on your preference), you really need to enjoy a rose scent. I use Happy Hippy daily, this is just an "extra" scent for when I want to switch things up a bit. I like it for when I'm feeling a bit saucy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I LOVER this shower gel! For my fellow Southern girls, if you like the scent of honeysuckle, you'll love this. It smells exactly like it. Like most Lush shower gels, it foams really easily and makes your entire bathroom smell amazing. It says on the bottle it has "aphrodisiac" qualities, and while I'm not sure about that, I do feel a little extra sexy when I use this. Because seriously, when you smell like honey, how can you not?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I've got to say that I am pleasantly surprised with Flying Fox! I have heard any great reviews of it and finally remembered to purchase a small bottle - smallest retails for $9.95 CDN - and am very pleased.

The scent is smiliar to the Godiva 2 in1 solid shampoo but far milder. It lathers well on its own or with a loofah and leave the skin feeling soft, lightly scented and without any residue.

The tiny bottle is typical of most body washes and is recyclable and easily portable for travel. I don't doubt you could use this on children, pets or as a bubble bath. Very lovely and will most likely repurchase once gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

HMMM! This smells wonderful! I enjoy this in the shower.

I ordered this online and was fearful because I hadn't smelled it person. I picked one out to try based on the ingredients and discription. BOY, was I surprised and so glad that I turned out to love this. It smells like Winne-the-Pooh bear's honey pot mixed with Jasmine. It's a honey sweet smell, not a sugary candy sweet, so I do consider it a more mature smell. I wish I would have ordered a larger size but I wanted to play it save and I order the 3.3oz for $9.95. I will defiantly order this in the future.

3.3oz = $3.02 an oz
8.4oz = $2.26 an oz
16.9oz = $1.71 an oz

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My relationship with Lush as a brand hasn't been as smooth and easy as I would like it to be. I think I started out by trying their bubble bath balls, which I love, don't get me wrong, if I have money to burn I would use a different one everyday for a nice foamy bubble bath. But they are just too pricy. Then I moved on to their hair products, tried liquid shampoo (really not impressed at all), solid shampoo (can't find the motive to buy it again), and hair conditioner (disliked the smell and was utterly disappointed by the performance). Years went by and I never even once thought about stopping by any Lush store when I passed one by. Until a few weeks ago, we were having some works done in our apartment and it had been exhausting and a bit stressful, one day I asked my boyfriend to get me a huge bottle of Flying Fox on his way home from work. I had googled and done my research, had decided that Flying Fox is the one I wanted to try because of the ingredients (honey honey honey!!!) and scent (I used the solid shampoo with the same scent before), which turned out to be the decision that made me enter the "Lush phase".

I used it right away that night, and it made me feel so relaxed and pampered. My boyfriend got in the room and the first thing he said was "Something smells incredible in here". It is indeed moisturizing, though I don't like the fact that it contains both SLS and parabens. I tried using it as shampoo, but it's a bit too rich for my hair and weighs it down. I am thinking about trying it as a kind of hair conditioner though. It also works wonders for a bubble bath, and considering the many different ways to use it, I think the big bottle is a lot more economical than other Lush products.

I really like it, the smell is divine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know this scent is a hit or miss, but lawd have mercy, it's the most intensely beautiful-smelling thing my olfactories have ever experienced. The fragrance permeates the entirety of the bathroom, energizing and relaxing me simultaneously. It's a powerfully unforgiving floral- "unforgiving" meaning that if you plan on wearing another fragrance, you'd better give this one time to dissipate. Flying Fox *will* do battle with it, unless the other fragrance is complementary.
That being said, the body wash itself is lovely. It cleanses and doesn't make my skin dry or break out. It takes a bit of work to lather, but not too much work. The bottle feels a bit flimsy, but I can get behind Lush's minimalist packaging.
This was my very first Lush purchase, and now I can't wait to try more, along with the full size of Flying Fox. It's not for the faint of heart, but if you dig some serious florals, at least take a whiff of this in a Lush store. You might fall in love.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by alliegrace132

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the sensual smell of this body wash, I use it on date nights or just anytime I need a confidence boost! It leaves my skin soft and leaves a faint scent. When I want it to be stronger I use it as a shampoo, I was told by the lush associates it is great for hair and they were right! It leaves it soft and shiny and smelling great! I don't know about using it as shampoo everyday but for occasional use it's great! wish it was a little cheaper, but I wish everything was cheaper!