September 17, 2014 | 1907 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by amiablealligator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with moisturizer I bought and was going to give up on LUSH forever until a clerk suggested this. This is my favorite LUSH product alongside Lust. Flying Fox smells identical to their Lust perfume by the way, so if you like that smell definitely give this a shot and vise-versa.

Believe the hype my friends, the smell is STRONG. It's a strong, sensous combination of Jasmine and honeysuckle with a hint of rose, a scent profile I absolutely adore. I usually don't bother with scented gels because the scent usually wears off 5 minutes after I step out of the shower. This is not like that. The smell will stay on your skin for HOURS, not exaggerating here. I love how silky it feels on my skin and it is very therapeutic to just stand in the shower breathing the smell in. It's a small session of aromatherapy I appreciate during my morning commute.

My biggest problem with this product is the price. As with all LUSH products, you get very little for the amount you pay; the 100m bottle is $9.99, and if you use this daily it will hardly last, especially considering this gel doesn't lather well. I rarely fall in love with a scent like I did with this one so I buy the bigger bottle, but if you're trying it out definitely grab the smaller bottle first. I know a lot of people think the smell is too strong, so also try to test it at the Lush store before making a purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a gift and realized I'd been missing out! I love jasmine and sweet scents so this was great for me. I use it as a bubble bath and shower gel. The smell lingers around the house. I have just ran and I will purchase the largest one next!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh boy, I really hate the smell of this. It has a pungent jasmine scent, which together with the honey and the other ingredients creates a smell of burnt rubber and cat pee. I find it quite headache-inducing, and the fact that it stays on the skin means I will be handing my small bottle to someone less sensitive of smells. As a shower gel this works nicely, just like all the other Lush shower gels I've tried, and I really would have appreciated the easy consistency of this (not too thin, not too thick, no need to shake), but the smell is overpowering and simply bad. It's a shame both of the honey-based Lush shower gels are so far from an easily approached, traditional honey scent, such as a mild honey-and-lemon scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Sophiedoodle

I love Lush because they offer natural, high quality products and I have come to love lots of them. This is an exception, I will never buy this product again. The packaging is great and the product was affordable but oh my god, the smell!

Something about this smell makes me so nauseous. To me it doesen't smell fresh at all, it smells gross, some kind of overly sweet flowers (and strong too). I can't really describe it but I had to give this product away. The smell made me feel physically sick and just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Everybody has different tastes but for me, I just wouldn't buy it ever again. Make sure you smell it before you buy it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by alee094

I made a stupid mistake of buying Flying Fox instead of It's Raining Men. I had read so many good reviews of both that I thought I would pick one of them up and I chose the wrong one. I smelt it in the store and I think maybe my nose was getting distracted by all the other Lush scents that I didn't notice how much I disliked this one.
To me, it honestly smells like over-fermented flowers. Like dying jasmines. That are sweetened with honey. It is also so pungent that it feels like my nose is being attacked.
Luckily, I only bought the smallest bottle but even so, it's a lot of money to waste and I honestly have tried to use it up and I just can't get past the scent of this.
It does lather up well and it does also make my skin feel moisturised but unless I killed my sense of smell I don't think I could go on using this.

Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

SWEET HONEY JASMINE!!!! This shower gel smells absolutly amazing, beautiful, sexy, delicous, and super floral. It stays on your skin as well. The jasmine smell will also take over your bathroom! IT IS STRONG. It Lathers up quite well. It thorughly cleans without stripping.Its not the most moisturizing shower gel that ive come across but does not dry me out.

I dont like the price, it seems like you almost HAVE to buy the biggest size to feel like your actually getting your moneys worth because its expensive. I dont like the packaging.....its not luxurious or pretty!!! Its plain, bulky, and just......there........oh, But its made of recycled materials!!! SO!!! its not pretty!!!!!!

Actually, Im starting to get into LUSH and its products which is funny because I would always make fun of LUSH and anything "green". I thought the products are overrated, wouldnt work, and just for silly hippies. I was WRONG! What a great product and brand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Smells heavenly, but it's not very moisturizing. I prefer using the Godiva shampoo bar as soap - same scent, just a little nicer on dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

First of LUSH sells very expensive products, but I find that their stuff can be a hit or miss. However I love this flying fox shower gel. It's pretty pricey here in Canada - about $9.99 for the smallest 100ml bottle. But the honey, jasmine, and ylang ylang scent reminds me of the flowers that used to grow around my house as a child. The scent stays on your skin and you can smell it even after a few hours. But I don't think it's very moisturizing though. The product itself is very liquidy and a little goes a long way. I wish they had an EDT version of this scent! It just smells so good. when I run out, I think I will invest on the 500 ml bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this occasionally. PROS: scent is rose based and sensuous, it doesn't take a lot for a good lather, scent stays on skin after shower, free of "junk" that you can find in a lot of body washes, not so gentle on my sensitive skin (I can rash out if I use this consistently). CONS: very thin formula which makes it easy to use too much, scent lingers on skin (this can be a pro or a con depending on your preference), you really need to enjoy a rose scent. I use Happy Hippy daily, this is just an "extra" scent for when I want to switch things up a bit. I like it for when I'm feeling a bit saucy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I LOVER this shower gel! For my fellow Southern girls, if you like the scent of honeysuckle, you'll love this. It smells exactly like it. Like most Lush shower gels, it foams really easily and makes your entire bathroom smell amazing. It says on the bottle it has "aphrodisiac" qualities, and while I'm not sure about that, I do feel a little extra sexy when I use this. Because seriously, when you smell like honey, how can you not?