Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used this throughout my pregnancy twice and day from 8 weeks along with coco butter and a number of Elemis oils and clarins. I didn't have any stretch marks until the last few weeks and then nothing could stop them. Products can only do so much. I do now have Dermaroller every 6 weeks over my stretch marks and acne scarring. This is amazing! The lady who does my roller advised me to use bio oil again and coco butter. This is now working amazingly! But only because it is new skin where I am applying it so it works deeper. My advise is if you have stretch marks and want them gone, have a Dermaroller corse and use bio oil. It's pricey but well worth it!

on 2/23/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I hate you, Bio Oil. Why oh why did I fall for your vicious lies? You tricked me. And I think you did it on purpose. I have no proof of this, but the proof is in the pudding.

You got me to faithfully apply you every day without fail. I even put you in my handbag and took you with me like a little trusty buddy. I even kept the faith and refused to believe that you are a no good, useless piece of lying junk that should be thrown in the garbage, despite all the mounting evidence piling up against you. It turns out you were never really my little trusty buddy, were you?
You broke my heart, you lying little thief. But that's ok, because even though you took my money and wasted my time, I still have what's left of my dignity. Oh yeah, and the annoying scar you never got rid of. The least you could've done was lightened it, even just a little. Shame on you.

on 2/23/2015 4:59:00 PM

I was recommended this by my GP for my acne scars. I was using this twice a day in conjunction with my Panoxyl or Quinoderm. If I'm honest it hasn't done a fantastic job of fading my most prominent scars but after applying for 2-3 months it has certainly improved the general tone of my skin and it's certainly a lot more even. If you're using on your face I'd recommend just purchasing the smallest pot as a little certainly goes a long way and it will last you ages.

I saw a youtuber with acne prone skin recommending this so I thought I would give it a try. I was worried it would cause breakouts but it hasn't on my sensitive, acne prone skin. I apply this all over my face at night. I wake up with hydrated, soft looking skin. I have been using this for a little over a month and I have noticed my skin looking softer and more even toned. This hasn't done anything for my acne scars but I wasn't expecting any miracles with this. Overall I really like it and highly recommend. If you're worried about breakouts I suggest testing it on a small area of your face for a couple weeks to make sure it won't clog your pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I have very dry skin, so many stretch marks and old scars. My friend recently recommended it so I started applying it all over my body before I sleep at night and so far so good :) my skin became hydrated I'm just waiting to notice the difference in scars and stretch marks .. I've seen results on people with my own eyes and I just hope it works with me as it did with them. The only problem is that the smell might be a bit too strong for some people and that it stains on sleepwear and sometimes bedsheets.

on 1/28/2015 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought it to test if it works as well as it did for some of my friends and it did! I guess it all boils down to your skin type. I know my skin very well and usually it works with majority of products. I have pimple scars that lightened significantly upon using it for just 3 days so I am convinced by its restorative measure. Will be using it on my tummy when I enter my second trimester as well. I recommend it because I know my skin well and for its value.

on 1/19/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I started using Bio Oil after a friend recommended it. I have been using it for about three months. I use it all over my body after I shower. I have recently been using it for the past month on my face, at night after I take off my makeup. My skin is very soft smooth and hydrated.
I see some have commented it was very oily. The key is to use it very sparingly. For instance, I only use a couple drops for my face.
I have yet to see any changes on my skin, beside the feel. However, I did not expect that only using it the short while I have. At the least, my skin is not dry and very soft.

on 1/17/2015 6:53:00 PM

If you have recent, light acne scars, this stuff does work. I put it on a cotton ball and rub it into my skin at night, after I thoroughly wash it. (You don't need much for this oil to work.) The next morning, I notice my face looking more evenly toned. Recent acne scars start disappearing only a few days of using this product for me. I live in Boise, and our air is very dry. This oil gives me the hydration boost I need. If you live in a humid climate, you may loathe this stuff.

I do not think this stuff would be strong enough to remove stretch marks or acne scars from years ago. I think you will love this product if you use it for recent acne scars, but nothing more. Because of this, I can't give it 5 stars, however, I've been very pleased with how it's helped my light acne scars.

I have yet to break out from this product. I would recommend individuals with acne-prone skin to avoid this, however. There's no way I could have used this in my teens when my skin was going haywire. This stuff isn't a miracle oil, it's also not $100 a bottle. For what it is, I dig it. And, it lasts forever. I've been using it consistently for a month, and it doesn't look like I've even touched the bottle.

on 1/9/2015 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Honestly, if you're gonna buy bio oil for something like hyper pigmentation save your money and invest in something with an alpha hydroxy acid percentage of over 8% as this increases cell turnover and makes new skin resurface, and since its new skin it will be the same color as your normal skin.
DO NOT USE BIO OIL ON YOUR FACE OR OTHER ACNE PROBE AREAS.It will break you out. Mine didn't for the first few weeks but them bam!!! breakouts all over my cheeks where i never have them.

I'm a teenager and I have stretch marks from growing and such. This product faded some of my newer stretch marks on my inner thighs but didn't do much to older ones I have on my thighs and hips.
It moisturizes pretty well but I wouldn't really recommend this if you're looking to see a huge difference with stretch marks or scars.
It's a bit pricey and I'm not sure if I would purchase this again.

Popular Body Skincare Products