Bath and Body Works Sun Ripened Raspberry Body Lotion

3.2

on 3/11/2013 2:45:00 AM

This always reminded me of elementary and middle school since moms would get their little girls the little travel sprays and travel lotions, and off to school they'd go. Every little girl was passing this stuff around and everyone smelled like sweet raspberries, including me.

Even now, the scent elicits nostalgia but I wouldn't buy it for myself now.
This is the perfect scent for anyone under the age of 14 or so; I wouldn't hesitate it to buy it for my sister who's in seventh grade now.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I went to my local Bath and Body Works and bought this lotion because I love the scent! I <3 raspberries, especially tea. Few weeks ago, they had some soaps on sale with this scent so I bought them and I couldn't stop washing my hands because it smelled so good! To make me stop, I bought the full-sized lotion and I adore it! I will definitely buy it when I run out because it's one of my favorite scents! I wonder why it's only at 3 lippies....

i am a huge fan of bath & body works. yet, over the years their scents started to monopolize into something very unoriginal. many of their scents smell very similar to each other, especially the floral ones. & nothing really stands out. sun ripened raspberry represents b&bw when they were at their greatest. this scent is fresh & clean & sweet. i'm not a huge fan of fruity smells, cause honestly..who wants to walk around smelling like an orange? but this one is all an around winner(:

on 7/29/2009 6:13:00 AM

The smell is very plain and smells kind of soapy.

Gets me every time. When people say this is too "one note" I get what they mean, but I love it nonetheless. In fact, the sweet simplicity of this fragrance is probably what I love about it. It smells like real raspberries. Not raspberry candy. Not raspberry jelly. Real raspberries like the ones that grow on a bush that get picked and put in cute woven baskets (: It's not super sweet--tart and crisp if anything--and just so PURE. I love it. It's very fresh and doesn't become overly strong as long as you don't COVER yourself in the stuff. I can layer the lotion and the splash and still be fragrant-ly safe :D It's marketed as a summer scent, but I can wear it year round and not come off as weird. Very different from Black Raspberry Vanilla, which canNOT be worn during the warmner months no matter what.
All in all, this fragrance is great because it's fresh, simple, non offensive, versatile, and PURE. I don't care what y'all say about "it's a one note scent" or "it reminds me of middle school gym" or "it's too young and immature" It's great and don't you forget it!

on 12/9/2008 2:23:00 PM

I love this scent and it just reminds me of summer. Smells very sweet!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The scent smells like really sweet raspberries. I love raspberries and the scent but I dont want to smell like them. The lotion itself isn't very moisturizing

on 11/6/2007 10:11:00 PM

Ah, my first BBW scent. I girl used it in the shower one day in our dorm and the whole bathroom smelled great. She left it in there after she got out and I had to lean in and figure out what it was.

Then I went out and bought a bottle as fast as I possibly could.

on 8/2/2007 12:48:00 PM

Oh my god, the smell. This takes me back to middle school. B&BW was the place to buy lotion and the girls would always borrow each other's travel size lotions after gym. Unfortunately this was a very popular scent around this time. I have always hated the smell of it though.

on 7/21/2007 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this for my mother recently since it reminds me of my childhood. I really love this scent, although I'm not sure how much of it is because of nostalgia... I remember when I was around 10, my mom had a small bottle of antibacterial hand lotion on her table and that smell always takes me back. It's a very sweet and light scent that makes me happy. I guess that's all that's really important.