MAC Blankety

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Pretty color and wanted to love it. The gal at Mac said it would look so pretty on me. Looked horrible without liner so I tried it with a few liners and looked better. It really kinda washes me out and has that grey toned dead look to it. Maybe if I work with it but I have my beloved shy shine, kinda sexy, velvet teddy, faux and 10 other mac lipsticks I love love so this one will be going back!!! To much work to make it look good on me!

This was my first MAC lipstick purchase, and it did not disappoint!! I'm pretty pale so I was worried this color would wash me out. I was happily wrong. Blankety is my go to nude color and that isn't changing anytime soon!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I had such high hopes for this one :( I bought this lipstick because it looked so good on so many people but unfortunately I wasn't one of them. I have neutral-warm undertones (somewhere between n18 and nc20) with mauve lips, and this lipstick was just awful. Instead of being pinkish-nude, on me it was so pale, it made my whole face this dirty grey-brown. So much that my bf actually commented that I look like the walking dead :( And it's a real shame because the formula and the colour of this lipstick are amazing, and on my hand it's really a pretty pinkish nude, but it looks nothing like that on my lips. I returned it and got Faux instead, which was way better for my skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Blankety is my everyday go to nude lip :) I always have to make sure it is in the purse I am carrying that day. It has a creamy consistency and has a tad pink undertone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This color is so awesome - I have for a long time looked for the perfect nude for my very pigmented lips. This is so great.
It doesn't wash me out, but stills give a great nude lip. Its very pigmented and covers the lips in one stroke. This and NARS Audacious Lipstick in Raquel are my go-to nudes.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my dream nude. It is pink and a greyish brown, which levels out to a great everyday color. I adore the finish, and I love how it looks. I would buy this again and again if I ran out or lost it. I am thinking about incorporating a lip liner though, as it can smear a bit easily. Still, hands down my favorite nude to wear.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My favorite MAC nude. Cool. I wear this any time I have a bright look and don't want to overdo it or take attention away from my eyes. NW15 skin tone

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I actually really love this lippie because it applies as a great base, it lasts, its comfortable, in has a creamy demi gloss finish. However, like others have stated, beware. This lipstick cannot be rocked on all skin tones. I'm nw20 and Blankety makes me look dead all by itself. I try to avoid bashing lipsticks for color because everyone is different and what works for some doesn't work for all. I've seen this on paler girls and it looks lovely. My thing, its perfect for creating my own personal nude layered under Too Faced Nude Beach and paired with NYX Natural lip liner. I personally feel like MAC lippies are very reasonably priced for the color selection, quality and finishes available so I don't mind buying it for layering purposes, but if you feel like you need this to stand alone, my advice is to go try it on in the store first if you can.

The first thing I noticed about this lipstick is that it didn't have the nice vanilla smell like MAC lipsticks usually have. It's my first amplified formula so I don't know if others from the same line lack this as well or mine's just off. This lipstick swatches nicely on the back of my hand, but on my lips it doesn't look pretty. On my lips, it looks like a very pale cool tone pink that has a lot of white/grey in it. I have to use a lip liner and a tinted lip conditioner under this lipstick, and then apply this lipstick with my finger to have an even application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on the fence about this. I'm afraid it may give me the dreaded concealer lips (not my thing... Sorry). I prefer a little more pink in my nude lipsticks. Perhaps this would be better for me mixed with other colors. I do like macs amplified formula. It is comfortable and not drying. The lasting power is average.

Recommended for Medium Skin