November 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30 (Non-Sensitive Formula)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

For years I have used, and loved, Olay Complete with SPF 15. Unfortunately the SPF 30 pills really badly on me no matter what I do. I've tried using it on clean bare skin with no serums or toner underneath and it still pills really badly on me. No idea why. For daily use in winter or when I'm staying indoors most of the day, I use the Olay SPF 15. For outdoor use I go for an SPF 50 plus product that uses a combination of chemical sunscreens and physical blockers.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by GoldenMonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a great product!
Hitting 30 I was getting bogged down with a very complicated skin routine that I thought I needed to prevent anti ageing. I was using serums, toners, masks, eye creams, cleansers ect. I was spending on the whole range of expensive high end products. I could not understand therefore why my skin was so unhappy! Blotchy, red, dry, itchy, spotty, wrinkly, horrible. I felt embarrassed to walk out the house unless I had a full face of foundation to cover it up!
My mum suggested that I was upsetting the balance of my skin and to go back to basics with a gentle cleanser and light moisturiser.
Digging around in my bathroom cabinet at home I found this Olay product that I had bought not long ago and never used and I thought it looked simple and would be a good start to my new regime. I like the spf30 as I spend a lot of time outside and research says it is the sun that it is the biggest aging culprit.
I like this cream as unlike pure facial sunscreens it is light and doesn't sit like a greasy mask on my face but absorbs quickly, I find it doesn't dry my face out or make it slimey to touch.
I have been doing my new regime for a month now. In the morning I gently splash my face with luke warm water and then I put The Olay spf 30 essentials cream on. In the evening I use a gentle cleanser and if my skin feels a bit dry I use a little more of this cream. I will probably update this to a night cream at some point but I didn't want to over complicate things when trying to get my skin back to normal.
My skin is back to what it used to be when I was in my 20's and not faffing around with it. I can now go out in public with no need for foundation. My skin is clear and comfortable. The spots have gone, the dry patches have gone and my skin looks plump and fresh.
I think it goes to show that sometimes expensive face products packed full of chemicals are not what is best and that a light moisturiser with sunscreen like this Olay product is sometimes all that is needed.
Very happy. I will definitly keep using this cream, especially in the summer when outside :).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my go to facial suncreen for years but had to change as my skin no longer could do chemical sunscreens,when I was using it,I loved it not very greasy,protected me well,no white cast or residue on my face,easy to wash off at the end of the day.the packaging is easy to use with the pump (hygienic) I think I paid $15? Very good value

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm commenting on the new EU version. I don't know if it's a different texture and consistency than the US one, though the SS has to be better due to EU SS standards.

This is one of the more affordable facial SPF 30's on the market - its difficult to get over SPF 25 for the face thats not high-end here. So the price point is accessible. And it is suprisingly moisturising - far more than my previous moisturiser Soap and Glory SPF 25, and ten times more than the Avene AntiRougeur SPF 20. My skin is normal/slightly dry.

I will repurchase for those reasons. I dont have a problem with makeup, though I let it sink in for 5 mins first as it is pretty emollient. The only thing I wonder is how well it would work on oily skin - surely they would need something lighter? It is marketed as essentially for all types.

I'm happier than I thought I would be with this - I can see myself using it for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have hyperpigmentation marks around my mouth and some dark spots as a reminder of a few monthly pimples. My doc suggested a SS everyday to prevent further darkening. Cool I tried MaryKay timewise SPF25 but it had no moisturising properties and I like to keep the product count on my skin to a minimum. So I tried UltraSun which had a grey cast an made me look like I had died, many good reviews for people with sensitive skin and advised for HP marks. Anyhoo, this Olay product has just come on the market in the UK. I think it took so long as the EU is really stringent with SS and Olay had to play around with their formulation.
It was on sale in superdrug and I tried it, even though it is for normal/combination/dry skin and my skin leans towards oily. Only 7 to loose.
It is good 2 pumps does my face and neck, it doesn't feel really greasy and dries really quickly that by the time I have moisturised my body it has settled enough to allow primer.
I started using this in March and I still have lots left, but when an if the weather changes for the better I think this would be too rich for my skin. I definitely wouldn't use this on my skin on holiday. I have traveled with it but I put a bit of tape on the top to prevent any surprises.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by jen0farc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer who says this is more like a sunscreen than a moisturizer. Its ever so slightly heavy texture makes it feel a lot like a sunscreen, and then when you jump in the pool and it runs into your eyes and starts stinging, you DEFINITELY know its a sunscreen!

That doesn't mean it's a terrible product, it blends well and isn't that offensive. It's just a little too oily for my skin and will be trying something a little lighter in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by stilllovely

This is much more of a sunscreen than a daily moisturiser.
It smells like a sunscreen which I find very off-putting. It isn't greasy though and provides SPF 30 which is great if you are the sun most days.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by keltsou

Pills like a mofo! Not moisturizing at all. 1 lippie for the nice packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the consistency of this product- for a high spf lotion, it doesn't have that oozy, pungent smell that you think of when you think sunscreen.

It wears like a normal moisturizer. I also have acne-prone skin and I haven't experienced any breakouts that I can pinpoint back to this produce. Actually, I think that it is very important for people with acne-prone skin to have good sun protection because I think sun can make acne way worse.

I would repurchase this, but next time I'm going to try the type for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 5:16:00 AM More reviews by sweetantz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 2 years now. I never think of using it as a real moisturiser, but just consider it a sunscreen, due to its high SPF. It is affordable. This pump does not comes with a cover (turn to lock it) so it is not good for traveling, as it will get accidentally pump out! Yuck.
It is abit greasy, but I matte it with Benefit Dr Feel Good balm after Olay. No complains!