November 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by WoodsCommaElle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy crap, Batman, it's my holy grail red lipstick! Seriously, you've heard of the little black dress, right? Well, here's your little red lipstick. It's a classic and will never, ever fail to make you look oh-so-elegant for a night on the town. Or, if it's 6 am and you don't feel like putting makeup on, this will make you look like you tried! MAC lipsticks smell divine and this is no exception, but the best part about this fantastic shade is that it's not shiny...but it's not so matte that it turns your lips into the Sahara. (I've read reviews that say it's very dry, but I don't have any issues with it and that's saying something, considering I seem to perpetually have dry flaky lips--just use a good lip balm or primer beforehand and you're good, I promise.) If you only own one red lipstick--and really, shouldn't everybody have at least one?--then make it this right here. I've tried tons and Russian Red is by far the winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by AnnaGee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The perfect red, flattering, classic and strong without being garish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Cecjoc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail Product

I thought this would be too dark, but it's not. It is deep, rich, and matte, but creamy, and the application can be toned down with a light, controlled hand. It's just bright enough,and a near perfect color for me as a cool/neutral. IMO, it's a blue red, with just enough added warmth to prevent the "Red" from turning into a fuchsia or berry tone. It's perfection, and I hope they never change it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by AB188

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Im on my second tube of this. Pigmentation is amazing. Lasts a good few hours. Suits all skin tones and can be worn all year round; can look dark in certain lights but in natural daylight it is WOW! Like red velvet or a deep matte red rose petal; stunning. I will buy this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Lauren10409

Amazing shade. You wond find it anywhere else

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Joellec123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my second tube of this shade. I have very pale skin, dark eyes and hair, and the bluish undertones of this color are perfect for me. I don't find it too drying, though exfoliating and moisturizing pre lippie is important. I also always take of any color reapply moister and then reapply lipstick when touching up for the best results. Otherwise I find the color can get clumpy and darker in some areas!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MaddisonB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite lipstick ever! I have been in love with this lipstick ever since I first bought it (2010) the colour is perfect with my skin tone and red hair, I always get compliments and I use the Mac lip pencil brick with it. I do think it looks different on everyone though. It lasts ages aswell so worth the £14. I only ever have to apply it once and it lasts all day. If your looking for a red lip stick this has to be the one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by maria1215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOOOVE THIS LIPSTICK!
It gives that old hollywood classy look, especially when lined with the Cherry lipliner. Lasted me hours (though i do suggest exfoliating and a lip balm before applying because it is a matte lipstick)
It would have to be a very elegant occasion for me to wear this though, or else I'd feel too out of place for an everyday red.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Prettyinplaid

This is the perfect red for someone with super fair skin! (Even ruby woo comes off oddly on me) Totally gorgeous and glamorous, I get compliments every time I wear it! Only downside is the price, 38$ for a lippy that is sold in America a lot cheaper is a bummer but if you go for one red mac lipstick, this is the one

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by XeniB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The most classy lipstick ever. I really love Ruby Woo as well but this is much more sophisticated..it's a red carpet lipstick. DIVINE