December 18, 2014 | 1647 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As I've said before, I am a complete devotee to Creed fragrances, and they're the only ones I'll buy...
Herba Fresca was given to me as a gift, and I must say I really like it!

Generally I'm a fan of more masculine scents (Creed Millesime Imperial is my go to, seconded by Creed Tabarome), but I LOVE the pure freshness of this one: not sweet or musky in the slightest, just FRESH. To me this scent feels classically European - beautifully crafted combination of notes, never cheap or tacky, just pure.

Notes are: Citrus, Clover Leaf, Italian Lemon, Peppermint, Green Tea, Lily of the Valley, Cyclamen, Pear Blossom. To me, the more green herbal notes are what come through and linger the strongest - the clover, lemon and mint. The word that strikes me in describing it is fresh, so fresh! Like just cut mint from my garden - so lovely. On me, the scent is pure and long lasting.

The bottle is gorgeous, and although this was gifted to me, the price certainly is not extortionate for a quality fragrance... Would I re-purchase? No SIMPLY because I only wear this in certain weather/occasions, it's lasting me very well, and I'd rather put the money towards one of my favourite (exorbitantly priced) Creeds.

*REMEMBER* Your own skin chemistry plays a huge part in how scents play on you. I am extremely lucky in that I am very neutral and scents smell the same on me as in the bottle... If you have ANY doubts, GET A SAMPLE - it's not worth potentially wasting money on a scent that might really not work on you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

Oh my word, this perfume is glorious. This may not be the most sophisticated scent in the world, but it smells amazing, and is just the right thing for a sunny spring or summer day. It smells of green leaves and mint, not a candy mint, but mint growing in a garden, leaves, stems and all. After the mint wears off there's a slight floral backdrop. Highly recommended to lovers of fresh, sunshiney scents.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If this kept on smelling like the opening, I would totally have bought it -- green, crisp, androgynous. It would have been the perfect summer scent.

Unfortunately, the "green tea" accord developed about half an hour later into something that was an exact dupe of my memory of the bottles of Muguet de Bois elderly relatives used to buy for me when I was a preteen. I wasn't keen on it even then, and it's certainly not anything I'd wear now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Hortensie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love it. Green yet fresh and a little sweet scent that you can wear everyday. Try it if you're one of those who like green grassy perfume.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like a cross between bug spray and a mint leaf. NOT a good combination. Super nasty!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Herba Fresca is my perfect rainy day spring/summer scent. I'm a tea fanatic, and this reminds me of one of my favorites, Tazo Zen. After an initial blast of mint in the opening it calms down to a blend of green tea, lemon and mint. It's a bit mysterious and mercurial... I get a different balance of these notes each time I wear it (more lemon today). I'm very impressed with the lemon note because my skin normally eats citrus notes and this one sticks around. The lemon here reminds me very much of one of my first fragrance loves, Love's Fresh Lemon. Smelling this on a scent strip just doesn't do it justice. You really have to test on skin to get the full effect. I'm sure I will go through my bottle quickly, and I will be sure to repurchase before I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Wanted to love it. Saw it in Lucky Magazine in a piece about great summer fragrances. I'm a green fragrance girl - grassy, herby, citrus. I thought this would be right in my sweet spot so I drove almost immediately to Sephora to check it out. Two words - acid rain. It is sooooooooo minty that the more approachable notes are almost lost. It also has virtually no lasting power which is so important for a summer fragrance. Yes, it's unique - but not in a good way. The bottle is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I can't live without this fragrance. Most "fresh" scents end up smelling like bug spray on me. This is light and subtle, and even when I can't smell it, I have people stopping me in the street to ask what I'm wearing. It's totally unique. I couldn't buy it for a while, and I nearly went out of my head trying to find an alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this scent, smells like green/minty leaves and fresh lemon. The bottle is also gorgeous with the golden beehive, the only thing I dislike is the staying power it does not last that long.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Jowina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

MY go-to fragrance when its hot and humid. So fresh and doesn't turn sour even at the end of the day. Bottle is also very pretty. Among my collection, this is the one I reach for most often.