Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

3.9

on 3/19/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh, I am so in love with this! It reminds me of standing in grass on a perfect spring/summer day, when it's not too crazy hot yet, and planting pots of herbs while sipping a lemon Pellegrino water. There's a sparkling aspect to it but not in a headache inducing way: in a way that makes you want to inhale deeper. The herbal notes are balanced with the faintest hint of pear at the end. I wouldn't have known it was pear without reading the notes. The pear keeps the grassy and herbal aspects of the fragrance from ever becoming sour, but the scent doesn't turn fruity. I'm glad I bought the larger bottle! I really think this is perfect for all ages. It's the ideal pick-me-up for anyone.

on 1/24/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My new discovery. I was after a grapefruit fragrance and I knew Guerlain did one and went to try it. I sprayed on one wrist and then spotted Herba Fresca and sprayed on the other. I left the store and went home, sniffing the wrist with the grapefruit one but kept getting sidetracked by the other one. I went back a few days later and did the same again. (I am finally learning not to make impulse buys with perfume, I have made too many expensive mistakes.) This second trial day convinced me that Herba was the one for me. I am still in the honeymoon period so I can smell it on me all day long. It is a very fresh aroma - first hour very minty and then it settles down to a green grassy sherberty smell which I prefer to the initial burst. It feels lush. I love it.

on 7/9/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

As I've said before, I am a complete devotee to Creed fragrances, and they're the only ones I'll buy...
Herba Fresca was given to me as a gift, and I must say I really like it!

Generally I'm a fan of more masculine scents (Creed Millesime Imperial is my go to, seconded by Creed Tabarome), but I LOVE the pure freshness of this one: not sweet or musky in the slightest, just FRESH. To me this scent feels classically European - beautifully crafted combination of notes, never cheap or tacky, just pure.

Notes are: Citrus, Clover Leaf, Italian Lemon, Peppermint, Green Tea, Lily of the Valley, Cyclamen, Pear Blossom. To me, the more green herbal notes are what come through and linger the strongest - the clover, lemon and mint. The word that strikes me in describing it is fresh, so fresh! Like just cut mint from my garden - so lovely. On me, the scent is pure and long lasting.

The bottle is gorgeous, and although this was gifted to me, the price certainly is not extortionate for a quality fragrance... Would I re-purchase? No SIMPLY because I only wear this in certain weather/occasions, it's lasting me very well, and I'd rather put the money towards one of my favourite (exorbitantly priced) Creeds.

*REMEMBER* Your own skin chemistry plays a huge part in how scents play on you. I am extremely lucky in that I am very neutral and scents smell the same on me as in the bottle... If you have ANY doubts, GET A SAMPLE - it's not worth potentially wasting money on a scent that might really not work on you!

on 6/25/2014 2:55:00 AM

Oh my word, this perfume is glorious. This may not be the most sophisticated scent in the world, but it smells amazing, and is just the right thing for a sunny spring or summer day. It smells of green leaves and mint, not a candy mint, but mint growing in a garden, leaves, stems and all. After the mint wears off there's a slight floral backdrop. Highly recommended to lovers of fresh, sunshiney scents.

on 4/26/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

If this kept on smelling like the opening, I would totally have bought it -- green, crisp, androgynous. It would have been the perfect summer scent.

Unfortunately, the "green tea" accord developed about half an hour later into something that was an exact dupe of my memory of the bottles of Muguet de Bois elderly relatives used to buy for me when I was a preteen. I wasn't keen on it even then, and it's certainly not anything I'd wear now.

on 2/27/2014 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love it. Green yet fresh and a little sweet scent that you can wear everyday. Try it if you're one of those who like green grassy perfume.

on 7/30/2013 6:00:00 PM

Smells like a cross between bug spray and a mint leaf. NOT a good combination. Super nasty!

on 4/12/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Herba Fresca is my perfect rainy day spring/summer scent. I'm a tea fanatic, and this reminds me of one of my favorites, Tazo Zen. After an initial blast of mint in the opening it calms down to a blend of green tea, lemon and mint. It's a bit mysterious and mercurial... I get a different balance of these notes each time I wear it (more lemon today). I'm very impressed with the lemon note because my skin normally eats citrus notes and this one sticks around. The lemon here reminds me very much of one of my first fragrance loves, Love's Fresh Lemon. Smelling this on a scent strip just doesn't do it justice. You really have to test on skin to get the full effect. I'm sure I will go through my bottle quickly, and I will be sure to repurchase before I run out.

on 6/15/2012 5:42:00 PM

Wanted to love it. Saw it in Lucky Magazine in a piece about great summer fragrances. I'm a green fragrance girl - grassy, herby, citrus. I thought this would be right in my sweet spot so I drove almost immediately to Sephora to check it out. Two words - acid rain. It is sooooooooo minty that the more approachable notes are almost lost. It also has virtually no lasting power which is so important for a summer fragrance. Yes, it's unique - but not in a good way. The bottle is gorgeous.

on 8/29/2011 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I can't live without this fragrance. Most "fresh" scents end up smelling like bug spray on me. This is light and subtle, and even when I can't smell it, I have people stopping me in the street to ask what I'm wearing. It's totally unique. I couldn't buy it for a while, and I nearly went out of my head trying to find an alternative.

Popular Fragrances