August 30, 2014 | 1077 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Special Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and I do like this product. It removes all the excess oil and grime off my face. It did not irritate my acne which is something I look for in a cleanser. It has a nice scent that is non-irritating. It can be a little drying though so a moisturizer is a must after using it. I think because of the drying propeties this would only work for me in the warmer months. This is not a bad cleanser, but I do not think it is something that would be best for me all the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Too drying. Won't repurchase. Has SLS in it so terrible for acne prone oily skin. Smells great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

So this is my final review. I have repurchased this product 3 times now and it's safe to say that this is my holy grail product! Wow it's amazing! The minute I got a sample I was hooked! It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and sometimes i don't even need to wear moisturizer because the cleansing is enough! My skin feels smooth and my whiteheads have been clearing up. I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for an amazing cleanser! Today I bought the 500ml one which was a huge step!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I ended up getting this product after it was recommended to me by our esthetician at work, (I had originally bought the Dermal Clay Cleanser, which ended up being too heavy for my combination skin and made me break out with terrible cystic acne) I got a giant 16.9 oz bottle of the special cleansing gel though, and I have been using it for about two months now maybe? Huge difference! I have not had more than one zit on my face at a time, even before my time of the month when I would normally break out, I didn't! I was amazed! My skin gets a tiny bit dry after using it but it's simple enough to just through a simple unscented moisturizer on afterwards. My skin feels and looks great! Even though I still wear makeup everywhere I go (I have the worst dark circles under my eyes... If anyone knows a cure for that, PLEASE let me know!)

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with combination or oily skin, it has an excellent foam and I really feel like it helps to get rid of excess oil. The smell is also very neutral, my boyfriend even doesn't mind it! Sometimes i'll get him to wash my back with it, occasionally i'll have breakouts on my back from going to the gym (sweating). It's made a world of difference, and you only need about a quarter of a pump to cover your face, neck and chest. This bottle is going to last forever, so even though it is expensive, in the long run it really is worth it. I don't like the pump though, you can't travel with the bottle without it spilling everywhere!

Despite the packaging though, I love this product! Awesome job Dermalogica!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by MoaLoa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Removes makeup well but it is just too drying for me unfortunately :/
This leaves my skin tight and irritated

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My relatives and I loved this product. The only weakness was the packaging with pump, it was certainly tricky to be brought for traveling. Foamy and soft on skin, amazing and probably lasted forever since I only used 1/2 pump every facial wash.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by blissful86

It saddens me that Dermalogica is known as one the best beauty and skincare line... But speaking from my own experience with this product, after using for few days my skin became extremely dry and tight and itchy!

I even noticed little acne bumps appearing from this special cleansing gel, I understand some have pointed out that this product "used" to be good before but it seems theyy have changed some of the ingredients or altered it in some way that is affecting a lot of people with severe side effects. No wonder the counter lady discounted this product to me more than 50% off the retail price and I am not happy!!

What really saved my skin is going back to natural cleansing methods and now my skin has gone back to its normal state.

Will I trust Dermalogica again...? NOPE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Memz888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me this is the best cleanser I have used so far in my life. It's so powerful at removing all traces of dirt and makeup and yet still manages to feel gentle on my skin. It has so far successfully removed any type of mascara I use even when I layer it on. Although I do tend to double cleanse when I'm wearing a lot of make up. I feel that this cleanser combined with the daily microfoliant has transformed my skin. I am prone to blackheads and small hard clogged pores around my chin. I now have very few blackheads and the small blockages I get tend to come out themselves now without squeezing. Very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Bmatthews12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After a random outburst with acne at the age of 25, I became desperate to find something that worked well. I almost can't believe that I'm writing this right now because this product has been working steadily for about 3 months. It lathers well, smells light and pleasant, and rinses off fabulously making your skin feel refreshed not tight. A little goes a long way, and after trying everything from Murad to La Rochey Posay, I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by mka87

I had a Dermalogica face mapping facial and LOVED it. It was thoroughly informative and made me purchase various products including the special cleansing gel, multiactive toner and active moist. I'll be honest, I think the products are ridiculously overpriced - particularly for the oil free moisturiser. BUT with regards to the special cleansing gel, it does last almost a year and you only need to use the tiniest amount so it works out relatively cost efficient. Not to mention, lovely quality. This is actually all I use in my cleansing routine now. I cut out toner a while ago (unless my skin is horrific) after reading an article in Glamour that stated it is a wasted step. Brilliant. One less thing to do in the morning and evening. Then I watched Gossmakeupartist on YouTube and he emphaised that oily to combo skin can sometimes benefit from no moisturiser. I have an oily T-zone and cheeks, but normal everywhere else so decided to follow his advice and further cut my moisturiser from my routine. Primilarly as every moisturiser was making me extremely oily and pimply. Truth? Since I cut these steps out, my skin has never been better. Sometimes I think we are inundated with cosmetic marketing ploys saying all these skincare products are hugely beneficial when actually, they are extremely pore clogging. Of course, if you have dry skin - you MUST moisturise. That's a given. But stopping it seems to have benefited my skin so far. If my skin changes I'll incorperate it back into my routine but for now, my skin feels plumper and clearer than ever. I think it's partly due to this cleanser, too. I love using it and feel it's ingredients are extremely high quality. It smells fresh and not remotely clinical... Which some cheaper brands often do. You know you're putting good quality products on your face with this. I love it. And despite the heafty price tag, I will keep repurchasing until my skin rejects it/changes.