January 26, 2015 | 2178 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Special Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 10:38:00 PM More reviews by EmmaL101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this product because of the cult following and my obsession with the daily microfoliant. I have quite temperamental skin, it can be dry, oily, pimply or sensitive in varying combinations depending on the weather, my diet, my stress levels etc. I neither liked nor disliked this cleanser, it didn't work miracles on my skin but it also didn't break me out. Still on the hunt for my HG cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2015 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Seemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for nearly a year. Unfortunately I bought the huge pump bottle do it's hard to finish. This is an average cleanser I didn't see any major improvements on my skin. To be quite honest a cheap drugstore cleanser would suffice. I'm a bit cross I got duped into buying this it's full of nasty ingredients and is totally average. I now use it to cleanse my brushes. Would never recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 2:19:00 AM More reviews by clare26

I bought a dermalogica kit consisting of this cleanser, multi-active toner and active moist. I bought the kit instead of the full size products because I honestly didn't expect to like any of the products. I bought some Dermalogica products when I was 18 and wasn't overly impressed them, and thought they were overpriced (I didn't purchase this cleanser and got them cheap online, so who even knows if they were genuine). Recently, my sister has started using Dermalogica and was raving about it to me, plus her skin was looking great! So, I gave in and purchased a kit. Well let me just say, I'm impressed! This cleanser takes of all my makeup easily, it feels gentle on my skin and I swear since using it my skin looks and feels better. My skin always used to look red and irritated after cleansing, but after using this cleanser, it just looks more healthy and calm. I've used so many cleaners over the years such as clinique, estee lauder, Jan Marini, skinceuticals, obagi, neostrata etc, and I think this special cleaning gel is my favorite. I get breakouts now and then, have blackheads on my nose and chin, and also have some mild acne scarring, so normally I go for cleansers with AHA or BHA to try and help these issues. I'm surprised I like this cleanser so much considering it doesn't contain these ingredients! I hope the good results Dermalogica is giving me will continue :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by rebeckylee

This is the best cleanser I have ever used! Takes all my makeup off easily, you only need the smallest bit and my skin feels fresh but not tight or dry. Its a bit pricey but the 250ml bottle lasted well over 8 months. Totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by emileesays

I have combination skin, slightly sensitive. I don't have too much of a problem with breakouts other than blackheads and occasional t zone breakouts.

I love love love this face wash. I'm really into smells and this has a relaxing lavender smell to it. It is a gel but feels so smooth and creamy when you are rubbing it in. It comes to a nice lather and removes my makeup (I wear liquid and powder everyday) better than any product I've used. When using my toner after I usually don't have any extra makeup on my cotton pad. I use morning and night.

My face does feel a little bit tight after using, but it is immediately gone after moisturizing. I just use a basic Aveeno moisturizer. I don't really agree with those saying if you have acne do not use, because this usually does a great job of keeping my breakouts at bay.

I would recommend this product to someone who wears makeup on a daily basis and their main concern is getting all the gunk off.

It's a little bit pricey but I usually end up trying to find a dupe for a cheaper price and running back to this every time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this cleanser but it contains sooo many sulfates! Omg.
If you use this cleanser, do not be surprised to get acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and I do like this product. It removes all the excess oil and grime off my face. It did not irritate my acne which is something I look for in a cleanser. It has a nice scent that is non-irritating. It can be a little drying though so a moisturizer is a must after using it. I think because of the drying propeties this would only work for me in the warmer months. This is not a bad cleanser, but I do not think it is something that would be best for me all the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Too drying. Won't repurchase. Has SLS in it so terrible for acne prone oily skin. Smells great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

So this is my final review. I have repurchased this product 3 times now and it's safe to say that this is my holy grail product! Wow it's amazing! The minute I got a sample I was hooked! It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and sometimes i don't even need to wear moisturizer because the cleansing is enough! My skin feels smooth and my whiteheads have been clearing up. I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for an amazing cleanser! Today I bought the 500ml one which was a huge step!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I ended up getting this product after it was recommended to me by our esthetician at work, (I had originally bought the Dermal Clay Cleanser, which ended up being too heavy for my combination skin and made me break out with terrible cystic acne) I got a giant 16.9 oz bottle of the special cleansing gel though, and I have been using it for about two months now maybe? Huge difference! I have not had more than one zit on my face at a time, even before my time of the month when I would normally break out, I didn't! I was amazed! My skin gets a tiny bit dry after using it but it's simple enough to just through a simple unscented moisturizer on afterwards. My skin feels and looks great! Even though I still wear makeup everywhere I go (I have the worst dark circles under my eyes... If anyone knows a cure for that, PLEASE let me know!)

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with combination or oily skin, it has an excellent foam and I really feel like it helps to get rid of excess oil. The smell is also very neutral, my boyfriend even doesn't mind it! Sometimes i'll get him to wash my back with it, occasionally i'll have breakouts on my back from going to the gym (sweating). It's made a world of difference, and you only need about a quarter of a pump to cover your face, neck and chest. This bottle is going to last forever, so even though it is expensive, in the long run it really is worth it. I don't like the pump though, you can't travel with the bottle without it spilling everywhere!

Despite the packaging though, I love this product! Awesome job Dermalogica!