Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Extracts of: Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Melissa Officinalis Leaf, Quillaja Saponaria Bark, Essential Oils of: Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/3/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff smells so good. Mm. And it lathers up on my face like crazy. It's a great face cleanser. The only reason that I wouldn't buy this again is that I'm buying more products intended for dry skin. Oily and combo skin people would love this.
I'm more interested in the effect a product has on my skin, but I have to say, if this scent was in a body wash form, I'd get jugs of it. The Dermalogica body wash smells sort of like it though

on 6/17/2015 5:10:00 PM

I had high hopes, but I don't think it does much. Dried out my skin really badly.

on 6/17/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you are sensitive steer clear! made my skin sting like crazy and cause it to go very very dry for 3 days. Could not do anything to soothe my face.
Will be returning this and never buying again!

One of my all time favourite cleansers. Does not dry up the skin, and cleans well. Mild scent, and does not lather too much. Been using for years and still loving it!

on 5/3/2015 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the travel size since I didn't want to invest in the full size bottle which is pricey for something you're just going to wash down the drain and I must admit I liked it so much I might have to splurge on the full size. I prefer using foaming face washes with my clarisonic and this face wash only takes a small drop and will go a long way to create a good lather. After using this face wash my face feels fresh, clean and I did not have any purging or breakouts. The only negative thing about this product is the price. I will definitely try a few other face washes in hopes of finding a cheaper alternative, but if nothing else works as good as this I'll be spending a pretty penny on a full size bottle!!

on 4/7/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I hate it, it gave me acne !!!! A normal drugstore cleanser would have been better. :( The only thing i like is the packaging. It comes with a pump and its easy to use.

on 3/17/2015 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
I have been using this on and off for many years on end (I change my products on a seasonal basis for my skin's needs). It is a great cleanser. It makes my skin feel fresh and clean. Though pricey, a little goes a very long way.

CONs:
As I am getting older, my skin is aging and losing its hydration, thus I've had to move on. I don't know if this is even considered a con to be fair though (my reason for not repurchasing)

on 2/18/2015 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Removes dirt and makeup and leaves skin fresh and clean!

I do not see what is so special about this cleanser. They should rename it Average cleansing gel instead. This cleanses no better than any other foaming cleanser I can buy at my local pharmacy.

The main cleansing agent in this cleanser is sodium laureth sulfate, and while there is nothing wrong with this agent, for some it might be too potent for others it will remove excess oil and debris nicely. Along with two other decent cleansing agents and a handful of "Natural" extracts the price really is just asking too much. It's insulting.

Although this is a decent cleanser and does indeed cleanse well, it could very well do without the fragrance components, as for their supposed calming and soothing benefits, more research is needed. Also in cleanser much of that benefit is just rinsed down the drain.

Decent, cleanses well, nicely packaged but overpriced.
Should come with fragrance free option.

on 1/26/2015 7:50:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample size of this in a kit for my birthday.
I have normal skin and just needed a cleanser to remove dirt, oil and makeup but didn't make my face feel too dry or stripped.
This is such a lovely cleanser that once I have finished my other ones I will go back and purchase the big size.
It lathers nicely and doesn't sting my face.

So happy I got to try it first as I was anxious I wouldnt like it.