December 18, 2014 | 1696 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - A-D-E Creamy Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after looking on MUA for a well rated, affordable cleanser. It was fine at first, just an average decent cleanser. Then my face started to break out - very unusual for me. I wasn't sure of the cause initially as I had just started a new moisturizer also. Note to self - NEVER start more than one product at the same time because it makes it impossible to judge them. Anyhow I continued the moisturizer and stopped the cleanser since I had a couple of tubes of others - more tried and true. The breakout went away. I decided to use it up by using it on my neck and within a week had a large zit right in the middle. I have never, never broken out on my neck before. I stopped using it immediately and the zit went away over the next 3 days. That was enough for me. I haven't read this complaint by anyone else and otherwise it seems to be a perfectly decent cleanser. It does have a fragrance which I don't especially like - both the smell and the fact that there is one. It comes in a nice, easy to use pump bottle and, as I said, the price was OK. Obviously I won't purchase again. I previously used their clear, sudsing cleanser and it was fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I really don't understand what other reviewers are talking about...it feels like washing my face with body lotion, no foaming, no lather...nothing. Made my eye makeup smear all over my face and I was all black and greasy. Does not remove makeup at all and if used in the morning (bare skin) left it greasy, oily and yucky. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is oily but it is also dehydrated. Normally, I would stay away from creamy cleansers. However, the dehydrated aspect of my skin is just as real as the oily aspect.

Some cleansers I've tried in the recent past but have been failures: Cerave Foaming, Olay Sensitive foaming, Cerave Hydrating, Boots Sensitive foaming, LRP Physiological Gel, LRP Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream.
None of these worked, mostly because they were too drying. The few that weren't drying had other unfortunate effects: Cerave Hydrating and LRP Toleriane broke me out, and LRP Physiological made my skin peel.

After so many unsuccessful trials, I was so frustrated I came back to this (I had tried it before and thought it was the cause of a bad breakout). I'm happy to say that this has been my daily a.m. and p.m. cleanser for over two months and I am very pleased with it. I love that it thoroughly cleanses, cutting through all the oily morning residue, but never strips my skin or leaves it dehydrated/dry. While this does leave some moisture on the face, it is not present in an uncomfortable post-wash film, only making my skin soft and supple.

(One thing I do want to note is that I do not use this for makeup removal. I prefer to use my Fancl cleansing oil or Pond's. Personally, I do not feel this cleanser is very effective at removing makeup except perhaps very light makeup.)

The consistency of this product reminds me a lot of runny lotion, and the scent... I have no idea what I think the scent is like, but I don't really like it. After so many uses, though, I can't say I really notice it anymore.

The label says to use the product on dry skin and then rinse it off, similar to how you might use an oil cleanser. (Okay, technically this is an oil cleanser!)

Price point isn't too bad. I get it for around $10 at Whole Foods.

ETA: As winter rolled around, my skin started having issues with dryness and dehydration. This cleanser didn't seem to be helping -- my skin would feel parched after use. I tried using other products instead but my skin didn't like anything else except micellar water, which I do not like for actual cleansing. I came back to this and what seems to help is using my muslin cloth less. I used to always use one (gently) for physical exfoliation, and while my skin can handle it, it seems to wipe away some of the cleanser's moisturizing residue. Skipping the cloth appears to leave most of the residue on my skin, which is helping with my hydration issues. (Again, the residue is not oily, filmy, or otherwise uncomfortable. It truly just makes my skin soft and moisturized.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a rare holy grail product for me. I've been using it every night for at least 5 years. I have maturing skin, leans dry, likes a *lot* of exfoliation (chemical & manual).

This cleanser washes off my Euro sunscreens, heavy professional make-up from set, day to day make-up. I don't use waterproof mascara, so that's one thing I can't comment on, but I do use winged black eyeliner & black mascara daily & this takes it off no problem. It rinses clean & doesn't leave any greasy residue.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty boring cleanser, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. It does mildly dry my skin out which surprised me because it is marketed for dry and sensitive skin and has a very creamy consistency. I don't mind the smell. I bought it because it was all natural and cheap, around 10 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by blueskies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my 3rd (or is it 4th?) bottle of this, so it's about time I post a review! First off I want to say that I have never repurchased a cleanser before this one. That alone says a lot!

I wear water resistant all physical sunscreen and all the basic, foaming cleansers I've tried just don't remove it. This however works like a charm. I use about a nickel to quarter sized amount on dry skin, massage until no longer 'slippery' and rinse off. Voila! No more sunscreen.

Another major plus, this is not drying. Lots of cleansers these days leave me with tight, if not downright peeling skin... not this one. BTW, before this I tried using oils to remove sunscreen (Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil: drying and full of essential oils, namely lavender; Apricot Kernel Oil: drying, EVOO and Coconut: hard to wash off afterwards) and found it didn't work so well, plus I disliked having to cleanse in two steps. This does what I need in one step. I've thought about trying Clinique's Take the Day Off balm, just because I like to try new things, but considering it's twice as expensive as this, why bother?

The one way this product could be improved is by making it fragrance-free, but thankfully the fragrance (creamy and fruity) is light and doesn't bother me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I didn't realize I had such sensitive skin until I tried this cleanser! Upon application, it burned, burned, burned my poor skin. Not a "burn' per se, but this certainly stung and hurt my skin. I think it might be the artificial fragrance in it, which smells exactly like a fake peach syrupy mess. Sigh. I really should just stick to my Olay. For the price, this wasn't too bad though if you think your skin can handle the fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by liteenie

I used this for a couple of months, really liking it because it didn't dry out my skin. I needed a non-drying cleanser because my skin was getting dry from RAM and other acne medication. I love the smell and texture. It helped get off all traces of the baby oil I used to pre-cleanse with. However, I decided to stop using this because I've been noticing that sometimes my cheeks would start stinging when I would wash my face with this. While I need confirmation from a derm, I'm suspecting I have mild rosacea. The main reason I suspect rosacea is because my cheeks are so red after washing my face, which started in the past year or two. But lately, I felt like the redness would not go away. While researching ingredients to avoid for rosacea, I realized this face wash had many of them - fragrance, "citrus-y" ingredients. Since quitting this for a few days, my cheeks are not as bright red as they used to be after washing my face. I've also cut out other products that have fragrance and other potential rosacea-aggravating ingredients so take that however you want. I do recommend this face wash if you have dry to normal skin (I don't know about oily) and you don't have sensitive skin. If you have really sensitive skin, I would err on the side of caution or maybe patch test. I purchased this for $9.99 at Sprouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted this cleanser to work for me, but sadly it didn't. The first few times I used it my skin was soft and smooth but with repeated use it started to dry my skin out. On the plus side I liked the texture and the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Nerds99

I'm now on my 3rd or 4th bottle. It's not my HG (that would be the PreCleanse and Ultracalming Cleanser from Dermalogica), it is the best alternative I have found. It's about $7 a bottle at Fred Meyer, it lasts me about a month or so, and it doesn't break me out. It removes my makeup and leaves my face completely clean. I don't wet my face or hands before using it. In the mornings, I mix some sugar in with it and give my face a good scrub, and it leaves my skin soft and glowy. This stuff is the best thing I've found on drug/grocery store shelves. As for the smell, I like it. It reminds me of peaches and cream :)