October 25, 2014 | 1401 users online

Powders - Physicians Formula - Pearls of Perfection - Translucent

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the mirror, the compact, the brush, an dthe bumpy different colours pearls. The packaging is really classy. I make a fake tan with this. I feel like a spoiled queen wehen wearing this, yes pricey, but worth it. I had so many compliments from friends, that they went to go buy this product by themselves, I highly reccommnesd this to everyone. IIt cledars and temprorarily covers up acnea nd my bliemishes, and it works it just does, amazing staying power, this is like makeup magic, and great for the usmeery weather, and plus the mixed colours of the pressed powder, give me this summer glow with my otehr cosmetics blending in on my face, I mak eit lookso suntle like I'm wearing no makeup period. Very translucent

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeupGirlxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't feel as if this product did much for me. Maybe I should have got a shade darker. I also found it hard to get powder on the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this over the mineral wear liquid foundation, it was really bad, it would separate on my face. But this morning I tried it alone as my foundation and I loved it, even my boyfriend commented in my complexion. It covered flaws, didn't settle into lines and lasted. It looked luminescent, pretty much perfect. I think it should be tried as a foundation. It was defiantly worth the $21. I do think they could have made the jar prettier though, but it really doesn't matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by willowjoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I use it over foundation, before blush or bronzer. The application can be a bit tricky (the balls keeps finding their way into the hairs on my big brus) but the results are worth it. This gives a lovely "glow" to my face that is subtle, yet impactful. I have bought two of these to date and would buy another.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use as a highlighter on my cheek bones or I crush up a bead and use as eyeshadow. I don't use this as a all over face powder. I'm not a huge fan, but if you like it the product lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Seeing that many had problems getting enough product on their brushes, here's what works for me. Take out the sponge, screw the lid back on and shake it hard a couple of times. That gives enough loose powder for a couple of applications.
As this is a tad too dark for me, I have only used it on vacation in a tropical climate (with self tanner) so far, and the results have been excellent. I use it as an all over face powder.It takes care of the greasy sheen of physical sunscreen, gives me a flattering glow (I am 40 and don't need any wrinkle highlighting, like many mineral powders do). And the little pearls are fun to use. Will use every day when summer really kicks in and I start the self tanning again. And absolutely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by AmyyHuang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did absolutely nothing for me. It did not control oil, matte skin or give me an noticeable glow. I'd have to swirl my brush in there for ages just to get some product. All it gives me is a little sparkle to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by moblinger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just love Physicians Formula products. They have excellent ingredients and are reasonably priced (compared to higher end cosmetics). This pearl-powder is great for giving your skin a soft glow. I don't use it all over my face, I don't think my nose needs extra 'glow', but I do brush it over my temples and onto the top of my cheekbone in a backwards 'C' shape after applying blush or bronzer with a smaller blush brush. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Slicker

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would never have bought this except for the excited reviews on this site. I LOVE it. Pearls of Perfection is a goofy name but it does everything everyone said it would -- adds some glow but NOT glitter, evens out instead of accentuate crevices, and just all around adds a little oomph. I think it is good to play with it and see the effects of using it alone (nice for a faked-out natural look) or under or over powder for the best of both worlds. I've been looking for something like this for quite a while. Thank you, reviewers!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

This is what I wanted Guerlain balls to be; subtle highlighter with sheen, as opposed to shimmer or glitter. I'm pale so my face lacks dimension, this adds the slightest hint of warmth (normally my paleness doesn't take well to warm products, anything yellowish magically turns rusty orange upon contact with my face). It's not the sexy-glow-from-working-out-on-the-beach kind of tan but an I-lead-a-modest-lifestyle-with-just-sufficient-amount-of-sun-exposure kind of vibe, which is really the better option for me because IME products that claim the former just look fake on me.

Mind you this powder's supposed to be translucent so unless you're as pale as me (NW15ish), you won't see the aforementioned warmth. Even then, this makes a lovely highlighter. It's the kind of makeup that people can't see on you unless they know they're looking for it.

Why only 4 stars then, you ask? I have combination skin and this product turns my T-zone greasy within a few hours, so blotting is absolutely necessary. And like all Physicians Formula products, the packaging is ridiculously chunky. I suspect it's an internal control measure to safeguard their factory assets. You know, make everything big and heavy so it can't be 'conveniently taken'. The same goes for us customers, it's so not travel-friendly. After 2 days of carrying it in my purse I got tired of the little balls falling over public bathroom floors. There aren't many balls to begin with, which is kind of sucky considering how much we pay for this drugstore item.

Overall I think Physicians Formula has some great products but isn't as wise in the marketing department. Great products are great, but that's not enough without a decent means of delivering the product to meet customer needs.

continued >>