Lancome Attraction

3.1

Yucky! I have a hunch that this is what perfume smelled like in the 1800's.

It does get better with time...I spray my car with it every once in while when I park for work and it's nice 8 hours later.

on 7/29/2010 10:38:00 PM

These reviews are funny--the negative reviews seem to be divided between "boring/blah" and "strong/perfumey." Those who find it boring might prefer headier orientals with heavy amber and spicy patchouli. As much as I love orientals, I tend to find very ambery perfumes overwhelming (except on the coldest winter days), and strong, peppery patchouli, e.g. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, is overwhelmingly spicy. On me, this is a well-balanced floral-oriental that wears well year-round, even in warm weather. Yummy-sexy, but never too much--like a fitted top with a flirty-yet-not-too-low scoop neckline. Love the sweet, soft floral opening, love the violetty iris and red roses in the heart. The drydown has the perfect amount of patchouli-spice and warm amber, and the cedar and musk give it a clean finish that's neither cheap nor soapy (no pencil shavings, no laundry soap). My one complaint is the icky vanilla syrup that's left on my skin the following day. If not for that unpleasantness, I'd be planning to buy a bottle. I give it about a 3.5.

on 9/10/2009 1:56:00 PM

A cute round bottle, which will most definately slip through your hands when opening (I'm using the miniature bottle).
Its an average scent, reminds me of something from Dior.
I wouldnt personally buy the full sized bottle, as IMO it is more suited for ladies looking for a more sophisticated fragrance

on 8/27/2009 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I simply love this fragrance. It stayed on me even after I showered.

Sadly, this fragrance discontinued in my country. Any other country still selling this???

on 7/5/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is one of the fragrances I always get positive comments on. I use very little and it lasts all day. Since most people have allergies to scents I only wear it at certain times. Or sometimes at home to pick me up, or at night when I go to bed and it smells so wonderful. I only wish the bottle wasn't quite so round, I find it can slip out of your fingers too easily.

on 1/27/2008 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love the packaging. Very sensual ;) The frangrance is okay. It's nice for the summer months. It's an average fragrance.
Tanja

on 1/13/2008 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It smells nice, but I wouldn't actually buy it. I get loads of perfume samples and I wouldn't mind using this, but it's far from being a fav.

on 12/21/2007 4:39:00 PM

I got this as a present that a family friend originally gave to my mother, but my mother doesn't wear perfume so she gave this to me. Attraction is an excellent example of how perfume is subjective. It's an inoffensive perfume that won't stop people in their tracks. At the same time, if you like light and fresh perfumes (think Clinque Happy, Ralph Lauren's Ralph), this will seem like a stuffy headier perfume than your usual palatte. If you're into compositions with complex notes, this will be boring. I could call Attraction a "floriental," but it's a very uncomplicated smelling one that doesn't have much character to it despite notes like Patchouli. On me, this gives me an almost peppery sort of opening and ends up with the impression of nice smelling medicated hand lotion. I don't know whether the "medicated" part comes from a scent memory trigger, but It smells nice, and that's about it. If you like nice smelling. this is something to consider. If you're a bit more daring or would prefer something more distinctive, try something else.

Top Notes
Gardenia, Green Syringa, Neroli, Ylang-Ylang,

Middle Notes
Iris, Patchouli, Jasmine Sambac, Tuberose, Bulgarian Rose,

Base Notes
Vanilla, Cedarwood, Musk, Light Amber,

on 12/3/2007 5:31:00 AM

I received this as a gift from a friend - I was selecting from a bunch of Lancome miniatures she had. I had never tried any of Lancome's perfume's before, but have one of their lippies and know they are just quality. The perfumes are no different.

It piqued my interest because it's close to the perfumes that I like to wear - those with vanilla and woody notes. There are florally notes there (not a big floral perfume fan), but they aren't shockingly feminine ones. I decided I liked it enough to choose it over the others (including Tresor - not quite me, but would have been my second choice). When I look at what 'notes' it has online, it's hard to match to the perfume. Anyway, so far I love it, and I'm looking into purchasing a larger bottle - or at least putting it somewhere on my wish list. It is gorgeous - but perfumes are such a personal thing. : ) This one just happens to work amazingly well with my personal and skin chemistry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

One of my SEXY perfumes. I have 4 favorite sexy, alluring perfumes and this is one of them. Soft and sensual.

Popular Fragrances