The Body Shop Coconut Soap

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/1/2013 10:58:00 AM

I got this in a Coconut body set for Christams and I'm finally just now getting around to using the soap and I love it. It's a sweet smelling coconut scent that is perfect for summer. It's a natural coconut scent (not plastic-y or chemical smelling) that's ampped up with some sweetness. The smell is literally so good. It lathers really well and leaves my hands feeling clean, soft and moisturized. The only con I would add in (and this is a con that my boyfriend pointed out) is that is does leave a bit of a mess on the soap dish tray... more than other soaps like Zest do. But honestly it doesn't bother me at all and the only reason I mention is is cause my OCD boyfriend mentioned the mess. He says he'd prefer the pump and bottle soap better but after using pump and bottle soap for so long and finally making the switch over to bar soap for the bathroom sink, I realize how much more cost effective the bar soap is so I much prefer it. Would I buy again? Probably not the soap on it's own but definitely in the package set along with the shower gel, lotion, etc.

on 11/16/2012 8:33:00 AM

mine doesn't have coconut flakes in it : (

it's a really creamy type of soap. I like the texture, I feel like its a bit different to other supermarket soaps, like its not as hard. the smell it very light, a none sweet coconut scent. I actually would like it to be stronger. it cleanses well,a little drying, which is not surprise as a soap. but not as drying as the ecostore brand(a supermarket based organic home and personal care brand, sold here in NZ).

in general, this is a quite good soap. I like the Shea one as well, but prefer the smell of this one

on 11/27/2011 7:53:00 PM

i dont get all these bad reviews ?

i love this soap it makes my skin so soft and it smells amazing !

on 12/23/2009 11:55:00 PM

Nice and creamy soap with a slight coconut scent. Most of the TBS soaps are more scented, but this one is lacking a coconut fragrance. I got this part of a gift set, so the bar of soap is smaller in size, and I won't purchase this again...

on 4/18/2009 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

While I do love the coconut flake this comes with, I find it to be too harsh for use as a normal soap so I usually just use it twice a week as an exfoliator.

on 1/13/2009 11:00:00 PM

I received this as a gift and unfortunately did not find it to be a good product for me. I have dry skin and usually a 'body wash/shower gel' girl but I thought this soap would be ok because it is the Body Shop and their products are normally of a high standard. It made my skin feel tight, itchy and dry, and I had to slather on loads of moisturiser afterwards just so it would feel normal again. I also am not terribly fond of the scent, it's ok but nothing special. I would not recommend this product for those with dry or sensitive skin.

on 11/30/2008 9:34:00 PM

I love the actual coconut flakes in this soap. It's creamy and moisturizing. I like that it doesn't dry out my skin like some other bar soaps. Thanks to my sister, Sherry for giving me this soap.

on 5/25/2007 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like the smell of the soap. The soap's formula is creamy and doesn't make my skin dry. I have a sensitive skin and I didn't have any probleme after a month of use.

on 9/3/2006 6:38:00 PM

This is the only coconut scent I like. It's not an over-powering coconut scent and the quality of the soap is amazing. It leaves my skin soft and coconut scented. The lather is rich and it doesn't melt like some soaps will in a steamy shower or bath.

on 7/18/2005 2:04:00 AM

Hmmm....I think I tried a different formulation to the rest of the reviewers. Mine did not have any coconut bits/scrubbers - it was a smooth creamy white soap that didn't really have a true coconut sniff to it. In terms of consistency, it reminded me very much of the Dove Beauty Bar, which is a good thing :) It finishes pretty quickly as well just like the Dove. Mine cost AU$4.50 and I won't be buying this again, because there's better out there for the same price.

Popular Gels/Soaps