September 30, 2014 | 2071 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Hip, Hip Brocade

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 9:38:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I happen to have had good luck with Maybelline triplets and quads. Maybe they were all Limited Editions, because people often say the quality is better. I usually use a base of Benefit Lemon Aid, or whatever foundation I happen to be using that day. These colors are great if you have green eyes like me! I had these from last year and I can not wait to use them this fall! I also have Catty Eyes and a set with three copper toned colors. I will continue to buy more. They blend well when I apply and last well thru the day on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by pelirroja77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this quad! The colors are gorgeous and work great together -- golden champagne, golden bronze, plum and dark golden khaki, all with shimmer. Too bad it was LE! Why oh why? I was lucky to get it thanks to a very sweet swapper. Unlike many other Maybelline eyeshadows, this quad has rich pigment and nice texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2004 7:05:00 PM More reviews by smiles4c

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these shadows...they're so rich and textured. They really look beautiful and they stick pretty well all day. I love how deep they look and how well the colors blend together. The burgandy is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by desida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Adding to the raves! This quad would be worth it just for the bronze shade in the upper-right corner - it's a dead ringer for MAC Amber Lights. Mixing the bronze with the burgundy shade produces results very similar to Trax, and the taupe shade is just lovely on its own and works as a highlighter, too. The texture of these shadows is so silky and nice. If you look good in warm, shimmery colours, get this any way you can - you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2004 8:14:00 PM More reviews by autumn78

this is my hg of powder shadows, and actually the only powder shadow that i've kept. the color, the texture, the blendability, the endurance...oh lord do i love this shadow. this is my evening and special occasion only shadow. just beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2003 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Addy49

**YOUR SOLUTION**READ THIS!!**
Apparently (from reading many of the reviews), many users of this product found trouble with the taupe shade of this quad (the lightest shade of the 4). Many users stated that it didn't show up as they had expected but I discovered that if you apply the taupe shade to your eyes (as you normally would) then take your finger and GENTLY rub the area where you applied it, the glimmer and sparkles show up better!! I know this sounds completely ridiculous but it is TRUE. Try it for yourself. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the natural oils (from either your eye lids or your finger) setting in the pigment and glimmer to make it shine better. Don't use anything but your finger (like don't use a tissue)..the key is the natural oils. And the best thing about this method is that you can repeat the process and as you do, the shine get magnefied (but you have to apply more taupe and then rub). You can apply it wet also, but when you do that the amount that sticks to the eyelid is too dramatic and very hard to fix. I think these colors are great for the fall and winter holidays and they make great sultry eyes. *look for more reviews from me*

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2003 9:16:00 PM More reviews by xnoirx

I saw this in InStyle magazine, came here to read the reviews, and had to go to every drugstore in my city to find it....and when I finally got it, there was only one left. I absolutely love the colors. I've been looking for these colors for a while, and have not been able to find all of them at such a cheap price. (about $6)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2003 10:19:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw an ad for this quad in a magazine and loved the burgundy shade so I went out and bought it. All the other colors are great too! Very warm colors. Better run out and buy it soon cause it's LE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2003 10:38:00 AM More reviews by janene5000

Snap it up while you can. The lightest shade is very similar in color, quality and texture to UD's "sin." Except you can get a palette of four pretty, rich brocade tones in this compact for less then half the cost of one mid- to upper-end shadow. These have the silky, almost emolient texture that is so popular in powders today... for what it is, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 10:08:00 PM More reviews by MangoJellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is beautiful! How come every colors i like are the Limited Edition ones?? Oh well...the colors are beautiful. All 4 colors have gold shimmer and cost around $5.60. More pigmented than other drugstore eye shadows.