The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Glycerin, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citric Acid, p-Anisic Acid, PVP, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.

on 6/2/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Whilst I appreciate this is a product directed towards people with more oily skin, this didn't do a thing for my dry skin. Since foaming cleansers tend to have higher pH levels which don't work with my skin, I only used this once a day to also help prevent over-drying. I used this product almost everyday for six consecutive weeks and seen no improvement even to my relatively mild acne. I feel that whenever I used this it would leave a very slight residue on my skin no matter how hard I tried to wash away the product. Since I minimised use, I didn't really find that it dried out my skin any more than it already was and on more humid days when my skin was slightly more oily I found that it did remove the "excess". As for it actually cleansing the skin, it is average at best. What I do like about this product though, is that the scent is seemingly very refreshing feeling on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dried my skin out like crazy!, my skin isn't even sensitive yet this cleanser burnt my skin, don't recommend at all.

on 4/28/2015 1:50:00 PM

it dries out your skin and i didn't feel that it helps with my acnee and acnee scars...it's an ok product but i can't see any diference:(

This product literally sucks the life out of your face. I have dry skin, sometimes a bit of combo. Not only did it leave me with huge painful dry patches, but it also didn't clear up my acne. Will not be buying again.

on 4/7/2015 11:00:00 AM

This product works really well on my skin.
I have very oily skin. Before using this cleanser I had felt like I could never get rid of acnes.
But just after 2 or 3 times using it, I saw clear improvement. My skin wasn't super oily after I woke up in the morning like before. Acnes slowly got flattened and disappeared. My skin became smoother.
So I think it is a good product for oily skin, not for normal to dry skin. It reduces oil so fast that makes a little worried that my skin's gonna turn dry so I also use facial mist/spray to balance it.
I got it for eur 13.5 in Finland. One thing to complain about: the product came completely unpacked to me when i bought it. No plastic or nylon or carton wrap around the bottle. It looked like being used already. But the salesgirl told me all products were like that.
It should be wrapped though :D

on 2/23/2015 11:22:00 PM

i dont LOVE it but dont hate it.. my skin has improved alot but that could be from change in my diet... i dont like that it doesnt lather up well, it seems to disolve inyo nothing but over all i like it and would buy again but would like to try other products first

on 12/12/2014 7:13:00 PM

I bought this because I love tea tree oil products for treating my acne (nothing major,just typical teenage acne). I bought the cleanser with the face buffer and the tea tree pore minimiser. it first broke me out (as expected) but after a week i saw drastic changes, my skin cleared up although the occasional pimple ( nothing i could help. I'm 14 after all. It also helped reduce oil on my face, but after a few hours my skin did get oily, again nothing it could help. I'm on my 3rd bottle and it lasts ages! leaves my skin amazing. Would definitely recommend for teenagers, acne prone or oily skin

I really don't like this cleanser. It leaves my skin very dry and there are no improvements at all. It also doesn't feels nice on my skin when using it. The creamy cleanser from the tea tree line is nicer but also not loving that one.

on 10/17/2014 6:28:00 AM

Was really disappointed with this product!
I absolutely love the body shop, however this product wasnt to great!
I am a huge fan of Tea tree products (they work really well on my skin!!)
After I washed my face with this product, it completely dried out my face. But half way through the day, my face all of a sudden turned super duper oily!! (I have a normal skin type!)
It also made me breakout with blackheads and pores!
Not a fan of this one sorry!

This product did not work AT ALL! My skin even worse because I did not have any acne scars at first but after I used my cheek tone is ruined! Glad some people find this product useful but I will never use it again and other tea tree oil products.