July 22, 2014 | 1883 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by nero77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Review for the EDT.

I absolutely love this one! A warm, spicy, sensual oriental. I love how this smells. In fact I actually think this is unisex. Cloves, Spices, Amber, dark resins, creamy sandalwood, I can see this totally working on a man. I also see this much in the same way that I would something by Serge Lutens (whose perfumes are very rich and heady and are inspired by Morocco).

The fragrance itself opens up to me with a blast of cloves, I also get a type of orange blossom smell, and peach or plum (dried fruit accord). I also detect Jasmine, and Jasmine is actually my favorite smell. There is also some prominent rose, but the base is where it all happens; resins, amber, vanilla and tonka, dry sandalwood... it's all there, and it's very very evocative!

I've heard that Jacues Polge wanted to evoke Venice with this perfume (just as Shalimar was inspired by India and Opium by the Middle East and Southeast Asia etc.), and I can totally see Venice in this. Italian, Baroque and also Oriental, with spices and rich, warm sensuality. Jaques Polge himself would later refine the spices (along with more wood, leather and tobacco) to create his eventual masterpiece "Egoďste" released 6 years after Coco.

I remember trying the female Opium EDP and I think this is a lot more wearable for those who couldn't wear that. It's Chanel, and a Chanel is never too loud, it knows just when to stop and hold you there, without being too loud or overpowering. In fact to my nose Coco is like a spicy, exotic, oriental version of No. 5; and just like No. 5, it makes a statement. It's grown up, it's mature, but also sensual and in-control. It's for someone who knows a little about life and is experienced both in mind and body. Someone who isn't afraid to be who they are, instead they celebrate it.

I don't know if that description helps, but that's what Coco brings across to me. Warm, sensual, passionate, loving and even a little amount of danger at the edges. It takes guts to wear this, but it's totally worth it. Pure Emotion in a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by shadedmaryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

love my Coco Chenel! its taken me a little while to appreciate this beautiful fragrance and learn the correct quantity to spray for different situations and times. I find for day wear you need to place the bottle on a table and give the sprayer a quick sharp thump with the palm of a flat hand to get a very small sprinkle of droplets to your wrists or fore arms. I like to spray my fore arms because my chemistry there works best.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by clasp

Love this scent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite of all! Also my boyfriend's favourite. I'm 18 and he's 26.
(First of all I don't appreciate when people use "grandma" to describe a perfume, like it's a bad thing, it's rude and you just seem narrow minded and ignorant. I also don't think perfume has an age limit at all, stop that.)

I own both the vintage and current version and honestly I can't feel that much of a difference. The current version isn't a shadow of what it used to be, like many refomulated perfumes. Perhaps the vintage version has more rose and an overall deeper feeling to it. I really love them both.

I assume most people would call this a winter fragrance and I see why. I use it all year round, though sparingly in the summer. You can't spray yourself three times like you would with some perfumes, this is strong and can be quite overwhelming. It's a nice perfume but in small amounts, remember to always show rescept for the people around you.

This perfume gives me a warm, cozy and safe feeling, like I'm home. Cloves, the strongest note, reminds me of Christmas and glögg (a spicy alcohol drink we drink at Christmas in Sweden).

Will never abandon and will never forget <3

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is another one I had to wear a couple of times in order to appreciate.
My goodness, it is strong. I had a little tester leakage get on me, and now I can smell it without bringing my hand to my nose. Beautiful! Very warm and inviting. If I put my nose to it, I smell the amber, cloves, and sandalwood. If I wait for a waft to come over me, I really smell the rose in it.
It's very complex, and very well blended! It is heavy enough that I feel it's best saved for winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Maw70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wore this to death in my twenties, could not get enough of this fragrance! Decided to revisit this in my early forties and feel sad that it doesn't smell the same, has the perfume changed or is it me? I still wear it but find it overpowering even after one spritz, I purchased the eau de parfum but wondering if I should have gone for the eau de toilette. It's still a beautiful fragrance just not for me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by grayeyedkat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

You can't argue with top-of-the-line quality. Chanel is reliable and delivers predictable outcomes, very classy. This was first introduced to me by my mom's friend, who sold Avon. I was only about 16 but I was enamored. My mother gave me both a bottle of Cristalle and Coco. I kept them, actually, until I was old enough to wear them. (I'm still waiting because I'm only 30 and these are definitely scents better designed for someone at least 35.) I think of them as a sort of career-dowry or inheritance to myself that I've just had to curate.

Coco is stronger and has a heavier spicy note. It isn't in the least sweet or fruity, but has a slight floral undertone. It primarily relies on a powdery spicy scent that evokes exotic imagery and amber colors. It's a very sophisticated scent and would be ideal for women over the age of 40. It has the emotional feel of being an established career woman, a woman of status, and of experience.

Pros: Very high quality scent, will guarntee meld with your unique chemistry to create an individual signature scent, will give you the impression of sophistication through a sophisticated scent, long lasting so you don't need to use much to apply

Cons: EXTREMELY expensive (about $150 for 3.4 oz), bottle is gawky and wide and hard to grip, have had problems with the plastic parts breaking and the nozzles clogging up, for a specific age group so not widely accessible for a large client base

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Livinginhope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a sexy going out in the evening perfume. My teenage daughter has 'borrowed' it and I'll probably never see it again!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sprayed Coco edp. on my wrist in the store and I swear, I could smell this wonderful scent through my winter coat when I rode my bike home later that evening. I love a strong scent that stays powerful during the day and I find this to be the case with Chanel fragrances. I've been using Coco Mademoiselle edp. for 7 years, and while I still love it (though it does start out pretty sharp and metallic before the dry down), I had been eyeing Coco for a while for a spicier, more mature and classic scent.

As soon as I tested Coco in the store I knew I had to have it. I bought it later that week and I normally never buy these expensive fragrances outside the tax free, but I just HAD TO HAVE Coco, it's that beautiful. It's freezing cold in Denmark right now and Coco will carry me through the winter. It's such a warm, intoxicating and deeply comforting scent, timeless classy. Exactly how I want to smell and I feel it completes my outfit. I'm 27 and I don't feel too young for Coco at all. This is not something you smell on every girl out there which makes me love it even more. My boyfriend loves it too and he's very picky with scents.

I'm gonna wear this all winter and then my other Chanel favorites, Cristalle edp. and Cristalle Eau Verte for warmer weather.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have seen the Coco commercial with Vannessa Paradis swinging in the birdcage, you'll understand the emotions that occur to me when I spray on this wonderfull fragrance. First, there's the search for something that's weird, strange, something you are looking for but you can't exactly pinpoint what it is. Then, when you finally give in to that sweet, nearly sickening and addictive scent, you swing on the trapeze which is Coco and you simply enjoy, and cross all your boundries.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No